BlackBerry also has Evernote that can be synced with Remember. Remember allows you to take almost any form of communication that is "actionable" and add to a file that syncs with your calendar...with reminders and due dates, etc.

For example...you get a text that requires you to take action later..you tap the text and share it to Remember..add a reminder and/or due date and it's on your calendar.

Same thing with websites, emails, photos...pretty much anything. It did get a huge improvement with 10.2.

I looked for a year for something similar on the iPhone... like the old "Add To" BBOS app. But Remember blows them all away. And it has room to grow as the OS does.

Posted via CB10
    Aww gotcha...that's pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-16-13 09:44 PM
    Because with Remember you have both Remember and EverNote rolled into one, that's why (setup Evernote in Settings > Accounts). There's also the regular standalone Evernote application.

Posted via CB10
    I do like Evernote, but if I understand (and, if I recall the great guide waterfrontmgmt wrote that you contributed to), it could still use some work, and the Evernote functionality is somewhat limited.
    11-16-13 09:48 PM
    BlackBerry also has Evernote that can be synced with Remember. Remember allows you to take almost any form of communication that is "actionable" and add to a file that syncs with your calendar...with reminders and due dates, etc.

For example...you get a text that requires you to take action later..you tap the text and share it to Remember..add a reminder and/or due date and it's on your calendar.

Same thing with websites, emails, photos...pretty much anything. It did get a huge improvement with 10.2.

I looked for a year for something similar on the iPhone... like the old "Add To" BBOS app. But Remember blows them all away. And it has room to grow as the OS does.
    This is truly worth GOLD in my book. I miss this on Android.
    11-16-13 09:50 PM
    It still has a ways to go...but it's a game changer already for me. It's not so much Evernote is limited. You just can't move existing Remember folders into a synced Evernote folder, if that makes sense. I think that is an area where Remember can improve.

Everyone has their own specific uses for a phone...but I think most who use it for business would agree that the calendar is one of the top 3 or 4 most important parts of a smartphone. It's what the old Palm"s and PDA were built around. Remember takes the calendar to a whole new level in 10.2, that wasn't there in 10.1.
    I do like Evernote, but if I understand (and, if I recall the great guide waterfrontmgmt wrote that you contributed to), it could still use some work, and the Evernote functionality is somewhat limited.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:56 PM
    I dont agree with you

If we say bb10 great and praise them they will stop innovitaing like apple

Remmember iphone? People kept saying ios is great simple bla bla bla and they pushed the same boring ui to customers for over a 6 years

Then people got bored and started to complain ( like BlackBerry users)
    Then apple made a change in ui although not much difference but still

So what i mean is we should keep complaining so blackberrry will keep the new stuff coming ))

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:06 PM
    Not all of your comment was accurate, and the tone didn't help. Nor did your poor grammar, spelling, and use of punctuation.

[For your information, "u" is not a word, ".." is not a real symbol, as is not "...." (I think what you wanted is "...", but you clearly don't know when to use ellipses), and sentences start with capital letters. If you take a few moments to make your writing acceptable, you come across as much more professional to others.]

I do own a BB10 device, but it doesn't offend me that you don't like yours. I am grown up, by the way.

And don't insult me for correcting your grammar.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the grammar lesson. But this is a forum on the crackberry website with people that think blackberry have caught up to the app game. This is not a professional forum.. therefore I don't need to come across as professional.. I'm simply talking on ur level... and yes, i.said ur ...

And my post accurate. Everything I said, was the truth. All I am saying is.. i understand the criticism now.. and it's not, let's scold blackberry at every turn, it stems from somewhere. Thats why no one wants a bb.. but I don't expect u to understand that as ur phone must be perfect. i hope u have a gd day.......

Also, don't correct people on their grammar before u know what they do, just cos someone uses poor grammar on a forum ( oh the crime..) doesn't mean u have the right to teach them anything at all as they probly sh!t over what u do, and could teach you a million things as well...

Please get of your high horse.

and.. ur intial post saying my comment is full f cr@p doesnt have a good tone itself does it? u were the one who set the tone of replys to the post.. take a leaf sir.. take a leaf

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by amjass12; 11-17-13 at 04:01 AM.
    11-17-13 03:49 AM
    Thanks for the grammar lesson. But this is a forum on the crackberry website with people that think blackberry have caught up to the app game. This is not a professional forum.. therefore I don't need to come across as professional.. I'm simply talking on ur level... and yes, i.said ur ...

And my post accurate. Everything I said, was the truth. All I am saying is.. i understand the criticism now.. and it's not, let's scold blackberry at every turn, it stems from somewhere. Thats why no one wants a bb.. but I don't expect u to understand that as ur phone must be perfect. i hope u have a gd day.......

Also, don't correct people on their grammar before u know what they do, just cos someone uses poor grammar on a forum ( oh the crime..) doesn't mean u have the right to teach them anything at all as they probly sh!t over what u do, and could teach you a million things as well...

Please get of your high horse.

and.. ur intial post saying my comment is full f cr@p doesnt have a good tone itself does it? u were the one who set the tone of replys to the post.. take a leaf sir.. take a leaf

Posted via CB10
    You are not talking on my level. Clearly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I can barely understand what you wrote so I think I'll step outside now...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:48 AM
    You are not talking on my level. Clearly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I can barely understand what you wrote so I think I'll step outside now...

Posted via CB10
    looool
    11-17-13 12:40 PM
    looool
    now u sound like a kindergarden kid
    11-17-13 09:25 PM
    now u sound like a kindergarden kid
    thanks man!! i mean what do u want me to say... i am speaking on his/your level... your sticking up for someone who tried to correct my grammer??... the audacity he had... be very careful and tread carefully before teaching me or nyone else grammer.. or trying to sound more intelectual than someone else... you dont know what i or anyone else does (despite the fact i use poor grammer on a forum) ..

btw... you start your sentences with a capital letter... Chaz95 i'll let you take it from here. give him a grammer lesson.
    11-18-13 04:49 AM
    thanks man!! i mean what do u want me to say... i am speaking on his/your level... your sticking up for someone who tried to correct my grammer??... the audacity he had... be very careful and tread carefully before teaching me or nyone else grammer.. or trying to sound more intelectual than someone else... you dont know what i or anyone else does (despite the fact i use poor grammer on a forum) ..

btw... you start your sentences with a capital letter... Chaz95 i'll let you take it from here. give him a grammer lesson.
    To be fair I have no clue what you do in life or work but any time anyone decides to use a combination of texting and ill advised grammar changes it makes it difficult to read and even more difficult to follow your logic. It is considered common courtesy not to subject others to gibberish and also genocide against the poor period. You most likely have some great comments but as soon as I see how you reply I skip it.
    Last edited by Zidentia; 11-18-13 at 09:26 AM.
    blackmoe and zymenth like this.
    11-18-13 08:58 AM
    The BB10 user interface is a total rip off of the Meego Harmattan user interface as found on the Nokia N9 over two years ago. I'm sure people have seen the comparison videos on the internet if they don't have a BB10 device and a Nokia N9.

Not saying it's bad because both user interfaces are fine. Just for BlackBerry to use a near total copy of a user interface found on a two year old device is not trail blazing and is well.. dated.
    The Meego Harmattan actually "borrows" from both WEBOS and QNX. The current look is an evolutionary take on the QNX system which has been around since the early 80's. WEBOS borrowed from an earlier concept called Archipelago on the Windows mobile platform. Windows based this on a proof of concept by Palm for a next gen PDA.The Playbook had this concept before the Meego. TAT borrowed from a concept developed and published by Microsoft and also from Symbian (before Nokia).

There is little that is revolutionary but much that is evolutionary and conceptually influenced by prevailing trends and ideas. IOS and Android are both "borrowed" to some degree with Android being far more influenced by the whole of the industry and less by the isolated design studios employed by MS and Apple.
    11-18-13 09:25 AM
    Well said.
    The Meego Harmattan actually "borrows" from both WEBOS and QNX. The current look is an evolutionary take on the QNX system which has been around since the early 80's. WEBOS borrowed from an earlier concept called Archipelago on the Windows mobile platform. Windows based this on a proof of concept by Palm for a next gen PDA.The Playbook had this concept before the Meego. TAT borrowed from a concept developed and published by Microsoft and also from Symbian (before Nokia).

There is little that is revolutionary but much that is evolutionary and conceptually influenced by prevailing trends and ideas. IOS and Android are both "borrowed" to some degree with Android being far more influenced by the whole of the industry and less by the isolated design studios employed by MS and Apple.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:43 AM
    To be fair I have no clue what you do in life or work but any time anyone decides to use a combination of texting and ill advised grammar changes it makes it difficult to read and even more difficult to follow your logic. It is considered common courtesy not to subject others to gibberish and also genocide against the poor period. You most likely have some great comments but as soon as I see how you reply I skip it.
    and as soon as someone says my comment is cr@p.. it sets the tone for the replies. its not rocket science. and i 'u' replaced for you and r replaced for 'are' is too difficult for u to understand, then maybe you need lessons of some sort, thats also not rocket science...

although with the common courtesy to use proper grammer.. ok i wont argue with that.. but like i said,, saying my comment is cr@p and not having the common courtesy to defend your argument in a politte manner with a proper answer means ur gonna get no respect from me... simples
    11-18-13 10:42 AM
    God!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-18-13 11:23 AM
    I think this thread has run its course too. Hoping the moderator will spare us from having to endure more sniping at one another.
    11-18-13 01:57 PM
    Okay, I really wish I worded that differently. It was cr@p to me, okay. I should've just said that I strongly disagree.

Anyone who has taken offence to what I've posted, I apologise (but my point on taking the time to write professionally still stands).

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:02 PM
    I will be happy the day BlackBerry removes to swipe down from top to access settings gesture and puts it in the right overflow menu. It's more user friendly for 1 hand usage this way and helps discover ability immensely.
    11-18-13 04:39 PM
    I will be happy the day BlackBerry removes to swipe down from top to access settings gesture and puts it in the right overflow menu. It's more user friendly for 1 hand usage this way and helps discover ability immensely.
    You're joking, right?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:39 PM
    i have read 1st comment over and over again but i still cant understand what ur point is.....its not sarcasm but seriously when u say about "respect" and i quote the "RESPECT" from ur comment...how do expect people to respect u when they cant even understand what u trying to say???

and as soon as someone says my comment is cr@p.. it sets the tone for the replies. its not rocket science. and i 'u' replaced for you and r replaced for 'are' is too difficult for u to understand, then maybe you need lessons of some sort, thats also not rocket science...

although with the common courtesy to use proper grammer.. ok i wont argue with that.. but like i said,, saying my comment is cr@p and not having the common courtesy to defend your argument in a politte manner with a proper answer means ur gonna get no respect from me... simples
    11-18-13 11:06 PM
    Someone right now on an apple forum is writing exact same thing for ios7.

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman and Breezygirl8 like this.
    11-18-13 11:50 PM
    I don't think it looks dated, it just needs some refinement.

Posted via CB10
    zymenth likes this.
    11-19-13 12:58 AM
    yeah agreed

Someone right now on an apple forum is writing exact same thing for ios7.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:49 AM

A small point of order. I never said crap, I said gibberish. It appears though we are circling the solution to this and I am moving on. Thanks
    11-19-13 07:55 AM
    A small point of order. I never said crap, I said gibberish. It appears though we are circling the solution to this and I am moving on. Thanks
    Chaz95 said that, thats how this whole thing started. I am done too (but just clarifying your post)
    11-19-13 08:13 AM
266 ... 891011