dont get me wrong.. each to their own and i hope u r happy with it.

but i am seeing now that the media and the rest of the world have a point. its not crap thats pouring on crackberry. its the truth.. and having bb10 since launch i can see the criticism.. and i can side with negative articles. not cos im blackberry bashing.. but cos i see how annoying it is that when u need an app u cant find it... the solution is sideloading apps that are inadequate and dont work properly... some native apps just shut down at random times (and yes,, some do.. before nyone comes out with that has never ever happened to me) it does happen for some people... some people are reporting consant restarting.. this is unacceptable. when i type a long text message the whole phone decided to lag,,. i type a word and each letter loads onto the screen about 5 seconds after it has been typed... its not nice writing a long message just cos its gonna happen and ur gonna be waiting there typoing a word and waiting a minute for the word to load. none of these things r what the consumer want..

i would say thats fair criticism .. would u say i am bashing blackberry here? or just a customer who deserves a better service for what i pay for a two year contract with the z10. I am almost 1 year into my contract and no big name app has been released apart from skype.. that is the one major addition there has been. and no.. sideloading does not count im afraid.. nor does the new downloading directly solution on 10.2.1.

why cant blackberry fans accept critisicm where its due and not get so offended byt the fact their device is sub-par with lots and lots of problems.
    11-16-13 04:05 PM
    CHILL OUT! wait for 10.2.1, BB10 won't be the same ANYMORE!

looking forward to #keepmoving to 10.2.1!
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-16-13 04:11 PM
    CHILL OUT! wait for _______________________________
    Sounds like something from the 'I Support BBRY and I Buy Shares' thread.
    11-16-13 04:23 PM
    Most of the executive, power users I know, still use BlackBerry. I'm one of them. BlackBerry will die a painful death if they try to go after today's consumer smartphone masses. That has never been their strength.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, the things I do most, are the things I need done quickly and simply. My phone is always at hand and at the end of the day, it's a tool for what I do, not a fashion accessory or something for entertainment. BlackBerry has always looked after my needs in that regard.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-16-13 04:55 PM
    I agree, the things I do most, are the things I need done quickly and simply. My phone is always at hand and at the end of the day, it's a tool for what I do, not a fashion accessory or something for entertainment. BlackBerry has always looked after my needs in that regard.

u r referring to the hub right? which i agree with... the other phones are also productivity tools... they also have messaging capabilities plus the apps u need to help u out with everything...blackberry is minus the apps

11-16-13 04:58 PM
    I guess it's all just opinion. I would love to hear an example of a business, productivity app that Apple or Android has that BlackBerry 10 can't do...either native or in App World. Go.

dont get me wrong.. each to their own and i hope u r happy with it.

but i am seeing now that the media and the rest of the world have a point. its not crap thats pouring on crackberry. its the truth.. and having bb10 since launch i can see the criticism.. and i can side with negative articles. not cos im blackberry bashing.. but cos i see how annoying it is that when u need an app u cant find it... the solution is sideloading apps that are inadequate and dont work properly... some native apps just shut down at random times (and yes,, some do.. before nyone comes out with that has never ever happened to me) it does happen for some people... some people are reporting consant restarting.. this is unacceptable. when i type a long text message the whole phone decided to lag,,. i type a word and each letter loads onto the screen about 5 seconds after it has been typed... its not nice writing a long message just cos its gonna happen and ur gonna be waiting there typoing a word and waiting a minute for the word to load. none of these things r what the consumer want..

i would say thats fair criticism .. would u say i am bashing blackberry here? or just a customer who deserves a better service for what i pay for a two year contract with the z10. I am almost 1 year into my contract and no big name app has been released apart from skype.. that is the one major addition there has been. and no.. sideloading does not count im afraid.. nor does the new downloading directly solution on 10.2.1.

why cant blackberry fans accept critisicm where its due and not get so offended byt the fact their device is sub-par with lots and lots of problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:04 PM
    I guess it's all just opinion. I would love to hear an example of a business, productivity app that Apple or Android has that BlackBerry 10 can't do...either native or in App World. Go.
    I'll answer this because I know there are some missing, though I think that commenter's view was rather biased, and... full of cr@p.

Square. You can sideload it, but that doesn't count. At least not yet. Maybe that'll count when 10.2.1 rolls out officially.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:09 PM
    That is a great example. Is there not an app in BlackBerry World that does this? It's not something I need, but it is something all of my clients use. There definitely needs to be a Square type app for BlackBerry to accept credit cards.
    I'll answer this because I know there are some missing, though I think that commenter's view was rather biased, and... full of cr@p.

Square. You can sideload it, but that doesn't count. At least not yet. Maybe that'll count when 10.2.1 rolls out officially.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:16 PM
    I'm referring to the os in general, particularly the keyboard and also the clean lines and the ease of sharing. The OS has enormous potential and the UI is so simple on the eye. The lack of ads when I open an app is a blessing too. I genuinely prefer it. We've got 3 sgs3's 1 iPhone, a Z10 and a Q5 in our family and the BlackBerry UI is the one I'm most comfortable with. I guess I'm the one in the family that does the boring stuff, but I'm also the heaviest user. BlackBerry is just more conducive to my work flow than the others, yes they all work but BlackBerry just does some things better. I'm a fanboy, but only to the things that work really well for me, not any particular brand. I even recommended Android for my wife, son and daughter as that suited their needs better (apps). This UI is simple to navigate, fast to use and the os hasn't crashed or frozen once and the flaws in the os seem to be slowly eradicated with every update. I've got an Android tablet for media and general handiness and I love that too, but for the important stuff, BlackBerry wins hands down.

11-16-13 05:23 PM
    That is a great example. Is there not an app in BlackBerry World that does this? It's not something I need, but it is something all of my clients use. There definitely needs to be a Square type app for BlackBerry to accept credit cards.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that would be a bonus.

11-16-13 05:26 PM
    Wasn't this thread about the design?

Regarding the design... I really miss the looks of the PlayBooks gallery. The one on BB10 doesn't look as cool as the one on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:56 PM
    Not dated, but it is not following the trend nowadays

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    11-16-13 06:06 PM
    Not dated, but it is not following the trend nowadays

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    The trend now is flashy colour. BB10 is nothing flashy and more professional-looking (not to imply that other platforms are unprofessional--they're not).

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:16 PM
    Don't forget that the users should be the ones defining the trend. I can't see that happening with AdDroid nor with iOS. They don't listen to their users.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    in what way was my post biased? I have a bb10 device. Having used it I am making the criticism based on my experience with the phone.. there is no bias whatsoever. . and sorry that my opinion is full of cr@p just cos u own a bb10 device and it offends u that someone has something bad to say about ur phone.... please reply to this post only when u have grown up.
    11-16-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Off the top of my head, omnifocus, square register, stock touch, quick books, receipts (by wave) and credit card terminal.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-16-13 07:00 PM
    Omnifocus the task app? Seriously?

Off the top of my head, omnifocus, square register, stock touch, quick books, receipts (by wave) and credit card terminal.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:36 PM
    in what way was my post biased? I have a bb10 device. Having used it I am making the criticism based on my experience with the phone.. there is no bias whatsoever. . and sorry that my opinion is full of cr@p just cos u own a bb10 device and it offends u that someone has something bad to say about ur phone.... please reply to this post only when u have grown up.
    Not all of your comment was accurate, and the tone didn't help. Nor did your poor grammar, spelling, and use of punctuation.

[For your information, "u" is not a word, ".." is not a real symbol, as is not "...." (I think what you wanted is "...", but you clearly don't know when to use ellipses), and sentences start with capital letters. If you take a few moments to make your writing acceptable, you come across as much more professional to others.]

I do own a BB10 device, but it doesn't offend me that you don't like yours. I am grown up, by the way.

And don't insult me for correcting your grammar.

Posted via CB10
    zymenth likes this.
    11-16-13 08:29 PM
    Don't forget that the users should be the ones defining the trend. I can't see that happening with AdDroid nor with iOS. They don't listen to their users.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. So it's the users are defining BB10 trends?

But no, I don't think BB10 looks dated at all.
    11-16-13 08:41 PM
    For me? Tasker
    11-16-13 08:43 PM
    There are some great task apps already in BlackBerry's App world. That was my point. Can any of the apps in Android touch the Remember/Noted combination? I know that there is nothing in the Apple store that can touch it.

There definitely needs to be a credit card application like Squared. Hopefully there will be soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:12 PM
    There are some great task apps already in BlackBerry's App world. That was my point. Can any of the apps in Android touch the Remember/Noted combination? I know that there is nothing in the Apple store that can touch it.

There definitely needs to be a credit card application like Squared. Hopefully there will be soon.

Posted via CB10
    What makes the remember app superior vs Evernote (on ios&android)? I didn't use it much when I had my z10.

11-16-13 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    No... Tasker isn't about tasks. At least not directly.

Tasker automates phone functions. There is nothing else like it on ANY platform outside Android. The phone literally runs things itself; toggles wi-fi off when you leave a trusted location, opens garage doors based on locale, open garage doors, run appliances, set reminders to go off... etc. Sky is the limit. It makes the phone smart.

For example... I used to play Ingress. Tap on Ingress, the app toggles GPS and screen brightness. Time for a run? Tap Runkeeper, toggles necessary radios and special run music. One button. Seamless. When I drive by my grocery store/retail outlets of choice, audible alarm with updated shopping list and all sales related pop up. When I'm driving, GPS comes on, Google Maps or Scout pops up and all texts and emails are read. Google Now is activated by command. Bluetooth also connects. Phone does it on its own.

Between Tasker and Google Now, it is hard for me to leave that level of functionality for anything else. Multitasking? Nothing comes close to this literal demonstration of it. I do understand that most people don't need that amount of functionality, but I appreciate having a device that manages itself.

Caveat: one must have a rooted Android device. I like rooting, but feel that it shouldn't be necessary to achieve stuff like this, BTW.

Some everyday uses: http://lifehacker.com/show-us-your-b...ions-487360630
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    11-16-13 09:38 PM
    What makes the remember app superior vs Evernote (on ios&android)? I didn't use it much when I had my z10.

Because with Remember you have both Remember and EverNote rolled into one, that's why (setup Evernote in Settings > Accounts). There's also the regular standalone Evernote application.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:38 PM
    BlackBerry also has Evernote that can be synced with Remember. Remember allows you to take almost any form of communication that is "actionable" and add to a file that syncs with your calendar...with reminders and due dates, etc.

For example...you get a text that requires you to take action later..you tap the text and share it to Remember..add a reminder and/or due date and it's on your calendar.

Same thing with websites, emails, photos...pretty much anything. It did get a huge improvement with 10.2.

I looked for a year for something similar on the iPhone... like the old "Add To" BBOS app. But Remember blows them all away. And it has room to grow as the OS does.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:42 PM
266 ... 7891011