BlackBerry provides timely updates and listens to users so I'll trust then to do something about it. Meanwhile the leaked updates are more than enough to keep me happy!!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:03 PM
    BlackBerry 10 and devices are in a evolutionary stage and what I experience daily on my Z10 and Z30 is one of great satisfaction. I like simplicity, I like hardware that works,iike BlackBerry coz they are constantly producing solid machines and are innovative. Call me a BlackBerry fan.
    Thing is that what BlackBerry is offering is robust machines based on QNX and rebuilding corporate competency. They are doing a great job on this. Be patient.

Stephen Green on Z30 to CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-14-13 07:39 PM
    At my job I was required to update my iPad to iOS 7 and personally I hate the color scheme. The notepad is hard to see while you type on it (I miss the yellow legal pad look). The calendar has little contrast on it making it hard to read, and the icons look like rejects from Candy Crush Saga. There, I've said my peace.
    Breezygirl8 and Nature Slice like this.
    11-14-13 07:44 PM
    Solid arguments and comeback you have there, with near perfect English. Is everyone here either unable to form a decent, logical opinion or are they just so much in denial that BlackBerry is unable to put effort into its OS?

Saying you don't need a nice looking UI is so apologetic it's sad. BlackBerry doesn't give us any options, but yet that's acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Because of PPL like you and media like Engadget, The Verge, Gizmodo... Blackberry is in this situation.

Let's compare 8 months old OS to a 8 years old iOS and 6 years old Android. Were those 2 so advanced 8 months after release? NO!
    What BlackBerry did with this OS is simply a MIRACLE and it continues to do miracles as we see with the 1055 leak. This speed of development is unheard of.

And what do you guys do here, or your own BlackBerry forum (I am only a BlackBerry lover for 4 months) :
    -Every day I see posts that bash the system like this one.
    All of you, go get a iOS, Andr, WP, and leave us prosumers in our niche to enjoy the OS that is made with special attention to businessman and people that want to move around in a quick and efficient way.

When I need to read through 200 emails a day, make 5 hours of phone calls, navigate from one appointment to another(I find the navigation better than GMAPS, maps need some work though) and my car is my office, what the shadow of the icons look like is the last thing I care about.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BB10
    Last edited by djsvetljo; 11-14-13 at 08:15 PM.
    11-14-13 08:04 PM
    This:
    Let's compare 8 months old OS to a 8 years old iOS and 6 years old Android. Were those 2 so advanced 8 months after release? NO!
    What BlackBerry did with this OS is simply a MIRACLE and it continues to do miracles as we see with the 1055 leak. This speed of development is unheard of.
    Amen! Totally agree with you. They are doing a great job at BBs dev department.
    11-14-13 08:49 PM
    Right Amen ON!

And what do you guys do here, or your own BlackBerry forum (I am only a BlackBerry lover for 4 months) :
    -Every day I see posts that bash the system like this one.
    All of you, go get a iOS, Andr, WP, and leave us prosumers in our niche to enjoy the OS that is made with special attention to businessman and people that want to move around in a quick and efficient way.

When I need to read through 200 emails a day, make 5 hours of phone calls, navigate from one appointment to another(I find the navigation better than GMAPS, maps need some work though) and my car is my office, what the shadow of the icons look like is the last thing I care about.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BB10

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:44 PM
    to me, bb10 looks dull.. they need to make it bright and colourful.. ios7 really does look lovely. i mean look at the drop down quick setting menu.. dull... look at the numeric keypad to unlock ur phone... so bad... its horendous... they need a major overhaul of the artwork... android and ios r far more vibrant and attractive than bb10...
    If by "dull" you mean "professional" then I agree!

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-14-13 10:17 PM
    bb10 simply looks masculine, unlike the others. A real manly phone if you ask me.

If you like childish blips, bloops, and whimsy; get a Samsung.

If you like whizzy pastels, and feel like a flower child; get an iPhone. iPhone is a good phone, but the iOS7? well....

Nokia makes the only other phone I like, but more childish flippy little windows make it also look childish.

Just my opinion.
    11-14-13 10:46 PM
    So go use your Android and sell me your blackberry.
    I have 3 of them KitCats, Jelly Beans, Sandwiches all of them are sh1t and don't bring anything usefull.
    Nexus 7 2013 is the most powerfull I have- I would like to "Force Close" your mouth and tell you the moment BlackBerry releases PlayBook 2, This piece sh1t, with a funky name from the space, is going to be donated to a 3rd world country.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    Sorry. I don't speak that language. What exactly are you trying to say? I honestly have no clue what you're ranting about...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-14-13 10:48 PM
    It's not that I hate how BB10 works. In fact, I think it's magnificent.

But aesthetically it could be much better, and attract a much bigger market than what BB has right now. You know what Apple, Google, and MS have in common? Design. Design good enough that it sells itself. BB doesn't have that right now.

You may like "understated" or whatchamacallit, but in my eyes, it's old, tired, and rather bland. It definitely looks at least somewhat inspired by other OSs at the time BB10 was being developed, namely Android 2.3/4.0 and iOS5. The similarities are quite apparent.

e.g., 'Cascades' doesn't have to refer to how you swipe forwards and back between pages. If they expanded and built on it, it could be used to define the entire OS as the design language of BB10, something else that the big three have. Make it stylish, make it beautiful, and most of all make it something unique to BB.

I wish BB the best, but it honestly looks dated, and that's a big factor in sales.
    11-14-13 10:48 PM
    bb10 simply looks masculine, unlike the others. A real manly phone if you ask me.

If you like whizzy pastels, and feel like a flower child; get an iPhone. iPhone is a good phone, but the iOS7? well....

Nokia makes the only other phone I like, but more childish flippy little windows make it also look childish.

Just my opinion.
    You really sound like you're trying hard to justify your purchase.
    11-14-13 10:49 PM
    You're holding it wrong...
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-14-13 10:57 PM
    Or maybe they have an opinion different than yours? Doesn't make them wrong or trying to justify anything.
    You really sound like you're trying hard to justify your purchase.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:17 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. When I sit next to a person running iOS7, and they tell me that my phone is way better than theirs, I believe them.
    11-14-13 11:17 PM
    Andriod looks dated and iOS7 looks like a joke toy for kids. i can't even stand using it when i see my sisters, moms, dads, friends iphone 5s. even opening a new tab in safari is insanely hard to see and do. ugh worst OS ever made. JOBS would probably flip out if he saw ios7 in its final skin
    11-15-13 12:05 AM

Just my opinion.
    I share the same opinion man. This guy i met at a convention had a white phone and asked me a tech problem. I just said man you have an iphone? hes like ya why? i'm like isnt that a little girls phone? and it was white too. Im sure he played for both teams.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    11-15-13 12:07 AM
    Solid arguments and comeback you have there, with near perfect English. Is everyone here either unable to form a decent, logical opinion or are they just so much in denial that BlackBerry is unable to put effort into its OS?

Saying you don't need a nice looking UI is so apologetic it's sad. BlackBerry doesn't give us any options, but yet that's acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    I prefer to keep it simple and I don't use wallpaper so mine looks ok. I like the clean lines of BlackBerry UI, the other os's I find a little cluttered so it's BlackBerry for me. There isn't a perfect UI out there, they've all got pro's and cons.
    BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-img_00000760.png

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-15-13 12:48 AM
    This shouldn't be a case of bashing Android or iOS. To be honest, what is done there is their business. What I am interested in here is making BlackBerry 10 look as good as it can.

BlackBerry 10 was first announced in May 2012. Although incomplete, there was an internal build at that time. It was eventually released, effectively, February 2013. It is fast approaching December 2013. We are talking about the OS being, at least behind the scenes, a good two years down the line. Things should be better than this. Just HOW HARD can it be to offer a dark theme Hub?

There are a lot of people on here who make the point that aesthetically things are coming along and that it's an OS in its infancy and I will mostly accept that point. What makes my mind boggle is the notion that it's all about business and gets the job done. That blanket excuse for inconsistencies in settings and font sizes and sitting on aesthetic decisions is ridiculous.

BYOD have sadly killed BlackBerry's market. People can work on iOS. People can work on Android. To say "there are inconsistencies across the OS but whatever because I work on this" isn't helping anyone. We need to accept and identify where things are wrong in the OS, make sure someone at BlackBerry can log this, change things and have the kind of OS that people are truly impressed with and not swayed by the competition.

Posted via CB10
    wtrmlnjuc and crucial bbq like this.
    11-15-13 12:51 AM
    This shouldn't be a case of bashing Android or iOS. To be honest, what is done there is their business. What I am interested in here is making BlackBerry 10 look as good as it can.

BlackBerry 10 was first announced in May 2012. Although incomplete, there was an internal build at that time. It was eventually released, effectively, February 2013. It is fast approaching December 2013. We are talking about the OS being, at least behind the scenes, a good two years down the line. Things should be better than this. Just HOW HARD can it be to offer a dark theme Hub?

There are a lot of people on here who make the point that aesthetically things are coming along and that it's an OS in its infancy and I will mostly accept that point. What makes my mind boggle is the notion that it's all about business and gets the job done. That blanket excuse for inconsistencies in settings and font sizes and sitting on aesthetic decisions is ridiculous.

BYOD have sadly killed BlackBerry's market. People can work on iOS. People can work on Android. To say "there are inconsistencies across the OS but whatever because I work on this" isn't helping anyone. We need to accept and identify where things are wrong in the OS, make sure someone at BlackBerry can log this, change things and have the kind of OS that people are truly impressed with and not swayed by the competition.

Posted via CB10
    To be a commercial success, you are correct.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-15-13 01:00 AM
    Actually I feel that android, besides the home screen, looks a lot like BBOS 5 lol, at least my gf's SG3 gives me that impression.

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S likes this.
    11-15-13 01:18 AM
    why u all sound like BlackBerry OS never get updated???#Blackberry DEV team u are awesome...i like the new 10.2.1.xxx looks
    11-15-13 02:12 AM
    Dear Crackberry, Can you please put a bull S**T filter on your forums? Not just for this person.. but for all who does nothing but ...
    A BS filter is definitely needed around here. Just not for the reasons you stated. There's way more BS coming from the head-in-the-sand crowd than there is from the few obvious trolls.
    11-15-13 05:12 AM
    Especially the iPhone 5c looks like a toy. Also I don't get some of the icons, like the compass used for safari or the settings icon - WTF
    What? The compass icon symbolizes that one NAVIGATES around the Web. Remember one of the first browsers, Netscape Navigator? The settings icon is a gear, just like on BB10.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    11-15-13 06:41 AM
    Reading this entire thread just made me shake my head. Now phone choice denotes ones sexuality?

I suppose when ones OS of choice is on the ropes things can get desperate but there's a point when it becomes desperately grasping at straws. I remember the same thing happening at WebOS Nation at the end but even they never went to some of the offensive places some in this thread have.

Good lord. It's becoming pathological. Also, has anyone told Kevin he must be gay and feminine for liking white phones?
    11-15-13 07:39 AM
    What? The compass icon symbolizes that one NAVIGATES around the Web. Remember one of the first browsers, Netscape Navigator? The settings icon is a gear, just like on BB10.
    The old icon did remind me of that, but the new one total BS

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:08 AM
266 ... 56789 ...