I don't think it looks dated.
    Besides, what's wrong with looking dated anyway?
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=class...w=1312&bih=876
    11-14-13 10:13 AM
    OP:
    Put your thumb on the dots of the bottom of the home screen that represents the different app pages. Now swipe left and right as fast as you can.
    How fast is that? Is that dated, and only 2 cores?

Android is 6 years old, 4 (soon 8) cores and 2.5 ghz cpu are already out there and it lags as hell. Not only that, but the actual gui doesn't give you the option to use the potential of all that computing power besides games.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    11-14-13 10:20 AM
    OP:
    Put your thumb on the dots of the bottom of the home screen that represents the different app pages. Now swipe left and right as fast as you can.

Android is 6 years old, 4 (soon 8) cores and 2.5 ghz cpu are already out there and it lags as hell. Not only that, but the actual gui doesn't give you the option to use the potential of all that computing power besides games.

Actually never knew you could do that for some reason, thanks. Will use that all of the time, much smoother then the normal swiping left and right. I don't think it looks dated, I'm just not a fan of the icons, mostly the shaded area around them, seems unnecessary. But just my opinion.
    11-14-13 10:37 AM
    OP:

You are preaching to the converted on that point. You seem to think I hate BlackBerry 10 when I really, really don't. As I've mentioned many times now, I want to see CONSISTENCY. People seem to be defended the lack of it in places saying it gets the job done. BlackBerry 7 got the job done and now look where our beloved BlackBerry has ended up.

A case I just noticed before loading up the CrackBerry app. Both sets of images here are taken from each app's 'Recently Played' list.

BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-img_00001651.png

Why does one say Recently Played and the other doesn't? All I am asking for is stuff like this to be ironed out! I received my phone with 10. I had 10.1. I had the 10.1 MR. I had 10.2 the other day. Why am I being seemingly attacked on here for asking a company who can make brilliant phones and brilliant operating systems to just have a bit of consistency and update things where they stand out as lacking?

Posted via CB10
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    11-14-13 10:42 AM
    Hey, stop making sense.
    Sorry, I'll knock it off.
    11-14-13 10:44 AM
    OP:

Androids UI is hardware accelerated.

You can do the same thing with the dots and app grid on TouchWiz.

What is your point. You do realize BB10 UI is quite simple compared to Android when you factor in things like widgets and what companies like Facebook have done with things like Chat Head overlays, etc?

People bash iOS for being a grid of icons. What exactly is BB10 again? Two grids of icons: one for running apps and another for a icons?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-14-13 10:51 AM
    You are preaching to the converted on that point. You seem to think I hate BlackBerry 10 when I really, really don't. As I've mentioned many times now, I want to see CONSISTENCY. People seem to be defended the lack of it in places saying it gets the job done. BlackBerry 7 got the job done and now look where our beloved BlackBerry has ended up.

A case I just noticed before loading up the CrackBerry app. Both sets of images here are taken from each app's 'Recently Played' list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001651.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	220733

Why does one say Recently Played and the other doesn't? All I am asking for is stuff like this to be ironed out! I received my phone with 10. I had 10.1. I had the 10.1 MR. I had 10.2 the other day. Why am I being seemingly attacked on here for asking a company who can make brilliant phones and brilliant operating systems to just have a bit of consistency and update things where they stand out as lacking?

Posted via CB10
    One good reason they may have done this is because videos aren't perfect squares that fit nicely. In general, it may be better to have them larger so that the user can actually make out what has been recently played. If you had "Recently Played" shown there, it would take up valuable space for the videos.
    11-14-13 11:02 AM
    I agree with the OP on some of the inconsistencies. For example, I always find myself swiping down from the top bezel in the web browser to get to the Settings and then remember I have to click on the three dots. Same with when sometimes you click on the back button on the bottom left corner yet other times you have to click Done or Close on the top.

With the Q10, everything is nice with the black background yet the Hub has a white background. Why? The Hub and emails should also have the black background to be consistent with BBM, texts, contacts, calendar, phone, etc.

With UI, I really think the icon backgrounds need to go ASAP. They're just ugly and ruin the background picture.
    11-14-13 11:13 AM
    I think the thing that makes BB look more dated are the handsets.... Those fat bezels that Z10 and Q10 have look a bit last gen.... even the Z30 isn't that impressive to look at... The average joe that goes to the store would feel more impressed with a S4 or HTC One... they look more impressive from the outside, and the looks counts a lot
    11-14-13 11:21 AM
    I agree with the OP on some of the inconsistencies. For example, I always find myself swiping down from the top bezel in the web browser to get to the Settings and then remember I have to click on the three dots. Same with when sometimes you click on the back button on the bottom left corner yet other times you have to click Done or Close on the top.
    I agree the way to access app settings is poor. They should just always have a settings option in the more overflow menu. It's a hassle to know which apps have settings that can be accessed at the top or not.
    11-14-13 11:26 AM
    I really want to see TAT come up with a flat ui design for BB10 with more colour.
    Really? Why not just go with the iPhone. The only thing I look forward to BlackBerry doing is adding parallax cuz to tell you the truth it would look a lot better than it does on iOS. Forget adding color. Keep it professional and give us the option of some additional 3D effects with our wallpapers.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:29 AM
    @ newfie1974
    Sorry but you sound more like a fanatic. Sacha is just stating his/her opinion. I too would like to see more vivid colors ... in the near future.
    The so called complaints as you call them, are our God given right as BB supporters. TAT showed us much more is possible with our so much loved BB10. In this case: eye candy wise.

Complaining about 'complaints' should be part of your bull S**T filter as well ... but that's just my opinion.
    you want vivid colours? go buy some balloons. Looking at my iphone with ios7 makes me think a 4 year old influenced it's design

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:30 AM
    Does the latest leak have the option to mark contacts for group sms?
    Damn I want that feature.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    11-14-13 11:31 AM
    Actually never knew you could do that for some reason, thanks. Will use that all of the time, much smoother then the normal swiping left and right. I don't think it looks dated, I'm just not a fan of the icons, mostly the shaded area around them, seems unnecessary. But just my opinion.
    That shaded area gives it depth. It makes the apps seem like it's 3D. If only it had parallax it would look badass.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:33 AM
    Does the latest leak have the option to mark contacts for group sms?
    Damn I want that feature.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    You can now create contact groups, but I haven't tried sending a message to a group yet.

Posted via CB10
    geenaxion likes this.
    11-14-13 11:34 AM
    I think BB10 Is the best looking OS I've used. I love the styling everywhere. However I do wish there were customisable global themes. The dark theme option for some apps is a step in the right direction. Now make it a global setting and allow for custom themes

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:45 AM
    Can anyone explain to me why people think swiping on Sailfish and Ubuntu is easier than BB10? We always get more hate... even when its over the same thing. As for BB10 being dated. Yea It could be more exciting, it would be nice if they added more utility to the home screen or maybe revamped the live tiles since they're kind of meh. The fact is that it is still pretty damn efficient in terms of getting stuff done so it doesn't bother me much. The problem is that a lot of potential customers are looking for something really slick looking which BB10 could do better in. It's almost falling into the iOS boring trap.

EDIT: Not that I prefer something like Android, but perhaps some things from Sailfish and Ubuntu. Those are two very nice looking OS's. The device wide theme changing on sailfish and maybe some of that cool stuff from Ubuntu. The OS also needs to be a little more consistent so if they do a UI change it better be everywhere at once.
    11-14-13 11:52 AM
    BB10 was dated on the very day of it's release and still lacks the (sometimes astonishingly basic) functionality, capability and user option that has been around elsewhere for years. I see little evidence that BlackBerry ever intends or even has the ability to match the competition in that respect and just prefers to play around with window dressing and just create yet more ways of displaying and presenting the same simple messages.
    11-14-13 11:55 AM
    What people don't realize is BlackBerry 10 is superior than any other Mobile OS in existence. The interface is based on QNX, a real time OS. The BB10 interface is still evolving, and each and every single update makes it that much better.

Want to compare BB10 to Android, iOS and WP8? What's the point, Android and especially iOS is a joke. BB10 is a communications and multi-media monster, not to mention a platform for gaming too.

Saying and/or thinking BB10 is dated is complete nonsense. Facts are facts, regardless how you read them, they continue to remain as facts. BB10 = Awesome.
    11-14-13 11:57 AM
    So - I picked up my Z10, and looked at it. I saw icons that make sense, in a logical pattern. I looked at the hub and saw seven items, that were easily recognized. I touched one, and it opened an email, that was clear and easily readable.

Wow! I am soo disappointed. I was hoping for a heliotrope and chartreuse paisley background. BB has let me down, again.
    meltbox360 and Coffee Shampoo like this.
    11-14-13 12:00 PM
    I wouldn't say dated, but maybe there could be some visual changes, icons on active frame look too simple to me.. maybe some font updates but small changes in the end
    Agreed. However, consider this: If BBRY was committing resources to making UI changes instead of working on improving the OS, they would be accused of focusing on the wrong things. As a user, the continued evolution of the OS is far more important to me. Once 10.2.1.xxxx with the bells and whistles is released, then yes, they can go do the UI changes in a minor update.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-14-13 12:01 PM
    Borders? Whatever do you mean?
    Attachment 220712
    Yeah, the deep black wallpaper makes the whole thing look much better. I use that as well.
    11-14-13 12:02 PM
    BB10 was dated on the very day of it's release and still lacks the (sometimes astonishingly basic) functionality, capability and user option that has been around elsewhere for years. I see little evidence that BlackBerry ever intends or even has the ability to match the competition in that respect and just prefers to play around with window dressing and just create yet more ways of displaying and presenting the same simple messages.
    What "basic" functionality and capability are you talking about?
    11-14-13 12:03 PM
    The BB10 user interface is a total rip off of the Meego Harmattan user interface as found on the Nokia N9 over two years ago. I'm sure people have seen the comparison videos on the internet if they don't have a BB10 device and a Nokia N9.

Not saying it's bad because both user interfaces are fine. Just for BlackBerry to use a near total copy of a user interface found on a two year old device is not trail blazing and is well.. dated.
    11-14-13 12:04 PM
    BlackBerry 10 doesn't look dated, it just looks like a work in progress which really, it is.
    I think so too.
    The thing is, that OS 10 is a pretty young and new OS and BB is trying to catch up with Android and iOS in functionality. There is so much todo, like for example the customizable quick settings, which we now see in OS 10.2.1. We need to give it / them time.
    Someday they'll reach a point where they'll put it all in shape.
    Personally I don't really care about incosistancy of color schemes. When the toast notification comes in I wanna give a fast answer to the received message it's about the message, I don't really look for the colours
    11-14-13 12:21 PM
266 ... 34567 ...