06-20-17 08:54 PM
428 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Seriously though? We just got 3.1 and you people are already thinking about 4.1. This is the time for me to stay away from CrackBerry you guys are giving me a headache lol

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the problem is "just got 3.1" - 3.1 would have been fine if it was released like 9 months ago. Nowadays it's just outdated.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:27 AM
    some were already written so I'll add the ones that weren't

-silence the camera sound without silencing the phone
    -edit or remove the call/search/camera tab on the bottom of the screen, since we have icons for that, so we can get an extra row
    -adblock for browser
    -play yt videos in desktop mode without full screening them. sometimes i want to read the comments but that is hard to do since bb decided i need to see the suggested videos instead of comments and keeps re-sizing screen when i zoom
    -play webm files
    -play gifs larger than 4MB
    -open pdfs, office docs etc in browser without dl them - like ff or chrome
    -RUN ANDROID APPS IN SANDBOX or manage their permissions like bb apps. i've just installed a picture editing app and while i selected where the edited pictures to be saved i found out i can access everything on the phone including root directories
    -prevent android apps from auto launching or running in background without notice
    -taskmanager for android aps
    -stop bb app when closing active frames. not leave them idle. ex file manager, picture viewer, contacts, etc
    -sync birthdays/anniversaries from contacts with calendar
    -fix docs to go - it;s a joke. business phone my ***
    -manage email attachments that were dl to the phone and the only option to delete them is delete the email - are you for real?
    -tasks - if they exist for present day - show in hub top line without having to drag it down
    -option to actually stop location services, bbm. you can't stop them even if you switch off/close the app it remains in idle
    -trackpad editor app integrated in the os - seems somebody other than bb managed to get that working for text editor - check it out in bb world.
    -able to clear contacts/apps that you shared something (in suggestions) - top notch security and privacy but leave traces everywhere
    -clear cache and free ram option in device monitor
    -copy contact details option - just like copy number but copies all info for that contact. for easy pasting
    -option to show numbers on keyboard all the time not just for password

there was more but they don't come up to my mind atm
    i'm still on 10.2. -due to notification volume and wifi isssues on 10.3.1- if some of them are fixed in 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 let me know

Android Apps already run in a Sandbox, they always have.
    04-21-15 03:55 AM
    I would like to see an ICE button on the lock screen. It would have emergency contact information and medical information or whatever information you decide.

Dark Hub!? Squircle!? Where are you?
    04-21-15 06:30 AM
    Latest API and no parsing error.
    04-21-15 11:17 AM
    I'd like a Close All Open Apps button when you hold the Active Frames, kinda daft that it doesn't have one, having to tap the tiny x for every frame is time consuming.
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 04-21-15 at 01:16 PM.
    04-21-15 12:20 PM
    Filter by different criteria in attachment view. Such as sender, subject, body, etc. Often you don't remember an attachment name, but you remember some information from the letter.

Disable screen blocking during calling (while you does not connected with the opponent yet). It is super critical, because you when you cannot reach an opponent, a mobile provider tells you "leave the message after beep", but when you are calling ago country*

Disable calendar notifications (modal windows) during the call. It is security hole, because you cannot end the call before you postpone or close all the notifications. Imagine you set up ten events during a hour, but you have a conversation during that hour, and when it comes to end the conversation, you randomly press buttons in notifications popups, because you want to end the call as faster as possible, and do not allow the opponent to hear something that he shouldn't hear.

Smart search starts very slow, so it's impossible to use it. Moreover, it is difficult to start normal search in Smart Search window, because "Type here to get started" is too narrow, and I have to press several times before search input appears.
    Do something about these problems.

Add highlighting of three bottom line buttons (phone, smart search, camera) during pressing. Because apps start slow (on my Z10) it's not obvious whether pressed you button or not, and you have to press icon several times.

When you tap on a running application icon on apps screen (not on main screen with big square previews), it switches desktop to main screen and only after that maximizes the app. Disable this switch to the main desktop and probably animation. It is slow and annoying.*

Add "new appointment" icon, which will emulate "+" button pressing in the calendar. Now in order to add a new event, you have to start calendar and press "+" button. So, minimize amount of actions.

Add button "enable/disable data services" in the Quick Menu. It is rather annoying to open Mobile Settings window and turn on/off "data services" there. It is very important feature for me, because I often on my way to somewhere and use mobile network very often. **

Switch keyboard layout by swiping left/right on space sign (like Android) .

Switch one/two finger swipe down actions. Usually I often call global menu to turn on/off wifi, data services, etc. And almost do not use an application menu - only to setup it for the first time (setup calendar for instance). So, one finger access to global menu will ease BlackBerry 10 devices usage.

Ability to switch between the last two applications by some gesture.*

Fix bug when you picture password are displayed and you are getting income call - input with simple password is displayed and you have to unlock your device before you accept the call.

Move "Select more" option in Hub (three dots menu) on the top. Or put it in menu somehow to avoid scrolling the menu down to reach it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 12:47 PM
    A lot of great suggestions.

At this point, I only have one overall wish.

A complete and total re-write, re-code, re-whatever... of the Settings user interface, system-wide.

Back when BB10 was first written, they chose to ignore a lot of the old legacy OS settings. It has been said that the programmers purposely chose that route because they felt they had a better idea of how things should be done. Almost as if changing things just for the sake of change would somehow magically bring people back. Instead, it just alienated even further those who stayed with BB up to that point. There were many calls to bring back those features that were actually great and helpful to using a BlackBerry. I was one of them.

Over the course of the following 2 years, old features and settings options did come back. But, they were just piling on new pages to existing options to get to them. Now, with 10.3.1, we finally get pretty much all of the customization for notifications that were left behind back in BBOS 7.1.

But, we also have a really messy settings app left in the wake. An app that was obviously never originally written to deal with those sorts of things. It works, but it's very confusing on how to get where you want to go to change something. I go in quite a bit, and I still get confused about what controls what and which one overrides another setting somewhere else.

Oh, and it would be nice to have a notification settings preview button. You know, to check out how a particular setting - the ringtone/volume level/LED color combination - works for a particular account or contact before you get out of it.

Even a "save" button to know that something is actually "set" (which is only used sporadically in the various settings pages and in various apps).

It would also be nice to have access to every available settings section for every app in the main Settings app - even the ones that we normally have to go into a specific app to get it's settings for. Like the Phone app settings, or the Hub settings, or the Calendar app settings. Those could all have links to access from the main Settings app.

That's my suggestion. It doesn't have to be "simplified" so much as it just needs better organization and a more straight forward implementation that makes logical sense.
    04-21-15 02:49 PM
    More led colours!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 02:49 PM
    I hope they finally will make the Home page scrolling smooth without freaking lag.
    That's what they need to do first

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 02:50 PM
    More led colours!!!

Posted via CB10
    That's more hardware than software
    04-21-15 03:22 PM
    Customizable action bar: customize to the buttons you would prefer on the action bar in any app

Bring back the Font style setting: the option I missed the most from legacy bb

Themes: bring back that option too

Option to add icons on Home Screen: just like android, the home screen on BlackBerry 10.3 looks too plain, and make time bigger on home screen

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 05:58 PM
    Customizable action bar: customize to the buttons you would prefer on the action bar in any app

Bring back the Font style setting: the option I missed the most from legacy bb

Themes: bring back that option too

Option to add icons on Home Screen: just like android, the home screen on BlackBerry 10.3 looks too plain, and make time bigger on home screen

Posted via CB10
    What kind of icons are you thinking of?
    My new App let's you add Homescreen icons for your files
    04-21-15 06:05 PM
    maybe i understood what sandboxed means wrong, but starting whenever they want, sending data without my approval, accessing everything on my phone, doesn't sound so sandboxed
    04-22-15 12:05 AM
    What kind of icons are you thinking of?
    My new App let's you add Homescreen icons for your files
    I mean when u have that wallpaper home screen page it looks too plain, should have option to add time and date on top and with mostly used icons on bottom of screen

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:59 AM
    I would like to be able to control individual permissions for Android apps.

For example an Android App wanting to see my contacts could be shown a dummy empty contacts list when denied, to stop it from crashing.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Just Me likes this.
    04-22-15 10:08 AM
    New sound for voice dictation start and stop. And put the dictation software on board so network isn't needed and no delay therefore.
    Search icon press for alltouch devices brings up search app with keyboard.
    Ability to customize apps on home screen bottom.
    Calendar improvements.
    Permission selection for Android apps.
    Ability for developers to put number splats on app icons.
    Dark hub option.
    Option to leave screen on until manual lock.
    Bluetooth 4.1 (I read it is a software update)
    Ability to enable VoLTE

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:35 PM
    I just hope that the call outgoing and incoming time lag would be resolved.
    Better picture viewer and more faster and responsive viewer is required.

SihZou Z10
    04-22-15 01:30 PM
    While some thinks that the homescreen date display is too big and makes it ugly, others want an even bigger date and time display on the homescreen.
    Would be good, if we can adjust the size of date and time on the homescreen to our liking.

SihZou Z10
    04-22-15 01:34 PM
    Dark hub will be in 10.3.x!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    10.3.9?

"I am the the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." <br> John 14:6
    04-22-15 02:07 PM
    I would like to see an ICE button on the lock screen. It would have emergency contact information and medical information or whatever information you decide.

Dark Hub!? Squircle!? Where are you?
    Perfect idea. Blackberry should see this, not even think about it and just implement it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:44 AM
    Scheduled sound profile switcher

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:17 AM
    Resurrection of Print To Go which stopped to work recently.
    04-23-15 02:33 PM
    All I really need is to not get Google play services errors and I'm happy with everything! A few extra camera options and maybe slow mo recording wouldn't go amiss!
    04-24-15 03:53 PM
    Expanding on that, I'd like the ability to manually lock the phone without the phone locking after xx minutes.

As this would require a password to be set, the list of "lock after" options needs to include "never".
    Holding the on/off button and pressing lock should do the trick!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:57 PM
    I just want features that were already present in BlackBerry 7. Also more font types. This BlackBerry 10 OS feels like it's still in Beta after years.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:47 PM
428 ... 678910 ...