Can anybody tell me when it will be released? Google IO 2015 has been announced w/ lots of potentially for both users and developers. What BlackBerry is doing?
    05-28-15 12:39 PM
    Ability to do normal text selection in SMS messages rather than just copying the entire message.

Ability to disable keyboard backlight for night time reading.

Adjust the volume of the dialer

Global rotation -- the home screen should rotate along with the rest of it

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 12:57 PM
    Dedicated section for Android notifications - possibly swiping in from top left corner could pull up the Android Notifications history like on Google devices. Better than persistent notifications clogging up the Hub.

Speaking of persistent notifications, can we turn off the "Blend is connected" notification?
    Yes, the last two versions of Beta Blend have this feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:05 PM
    I'd like to see a way to turn off an email account, without having to delete it. I use my Blackberry privately as well as professionally, which means my company account is also implemented on this device.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this helps but you can go to the hub, tap the three dot overflow for settings, hub management, tap on the account you don't want to clutter your HUB and switch it from the default which is "show both" to Show separate account only" You can still tap on the folders on the left to check that account and if you perform a HUB search it will still appear but this gives you the ability to de clutter your HUB. You can refine this further by using the priority HUB.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:18 PM
    Shortcuts for the music app with the physical keyboard phones.....
    space bar=pause
    N=next song
    P=previous song

Something like that anyway.... oh and make the shortcuts work with the screen off or at least have the option.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:55 PM
    Why do you keep on insisting 4K? The 4k market is not in big demands right now. The file size is too big to send through emails, text and let alone have enough memory to save an hour of movies with the current memory. You may or may not even notice a difference in video quality unless you have a 4K phone screen. It's pretty much useless until everyone starts adopting it.

If you plan on making 4K videos professionally then you should invest in a real professional video cam. Consumer wise this is an overkill feature for the average users.

Posted via CB10
    Why should BlackBerry not adopt it first, considering that it is tying with Samsung? If 4k is overkill then let's get 2k already. The camera software does need a lot of improving though

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:16 AM
    Why should BlackBerry not adopt it first, considering that it is tying with Samsung? If 4k is overkill then let's get 2k already. The camera software does need a lot of improving though

Posted via CB10
    They should not adopt it first if it will significantly increase the cost to produce the device. I feel that there are better things for BlackBerry to sink their money in to. Once 4k video components become more mainstream, there will be a sweet spot where BlackBerry can include it in their products without taking a big hit on margins. This will likely be a year or two after Samsung or someone starts including it on their devices (which they are now I believe), since they can afford to cut margins for the sake of being one of the first on the block with those features.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:51 AM
    This BlackBerry 10 OS feels like it's still in Beta after years.

Posted via CB10
    No. Beta was what my Z10 shipped with. Now that is bare bones compared to what we have now.

Posted via Q5
    05-29-15 05:03 AM
    Surely there are other folks (medical, e.g.?) who need glove-friendly smart communications?

- a tech / electrician

Posted via CB10
    We use gloves, and we use smartphones, but we never use smartphones while wearing gloves as that would result in either getting something undesirable from the phone getting on our patient...or something undesirable from the patient getting on our phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:38 AM
    i hope game centre like ios for connect to google play service
    05-29-15 10:27 PM
    I want to see a highlight/scrolling option added to the capacitive keyboard. Would be nice if users could do whatever they want without needing the touch screen.

capacitive keyboard gestures work with gloves on whereas touch screens don't.

(I also want the a newer and slightly bigger q10 with a capacitive keyboard, replaceable battery, slightly shorter (but wider) keyboard and boundary pushing bezels that make the screen 4 inches.)

I also want the ability to add more icons to the bottom of the screen and want them to be customisable. Would be nice if you could have more than just the phone icon on the left and the camera icon on the right. The hub icon that's only visible on the classic should be available on all devices.

Also want google play services to function flawlessly and confirmation that the slider has a capacitive keyboard as well as a virtual keyboard that can be used while the qwerty is concealed (two devices in one)
    05-30-15 07:34 AM
    Beyond what I "hope" to see ... I'd like to post what I do "NOT" want to see anymore. Not to so much see either but a behaviour.

I have a Z30 and previously Z10.

Phone App.

When I dial a number in the phone app, many MANY times I need to reference an Email, a Remember memo, an SMS/Picture/other media HWILE I'm on the call, thus I minimize the phone app. Doing so shows me that the app is minimized and a green bar top center of my Z30 to show me an active call is on-going.

Please for the LOVE of GOD ... STOP JUMPING THE PHONE APP IN MY FACE when the call is connected! Moreover if the call is disconnected from the other party STOP JUMPING THE PHONE APP IN MY FACE to tell me the call is ENDED!

Why do I hate this?!
    - It stops my Peek and Flow navigation,
    - it stops me from typing, moving files in file manager ... essentially interrupting me while I'm Data Entry and Manipulation.
    - it's quite frankly annoying! I know I'm making a call:
    you don't have to remind me I made the call,
    you don't have to remind me the call is connected
    it's customary somebody will say
    "Hello", "What's Up", "Whatta Gwa'an", "Yello", "Who's summoning me?!", "You rang?" and if rude "The F do you want now!" lol.
    I can HEAR the other parter either through headset, speakerphone or bluetooth headset.
    you don't have to remind me/inform me the call is disconnected!
    I no longer hear the other party talking, most likely they'll say Goodbye, Goodnight/Good-day, Cheers, I'll do you later, whatever
    If the call is dropped I'll hear the audible BEEEP.
    This can be accomplished seemlessly by turning that GREEN notification bar at the TOP of the screen into RED and stop the timer clock. heck put another line that says "Call ENDED" below the total call time!!
    * Quite simply the jumping of the phone app is NOT efficient it uses a LOT of power on the screen and forced unnecessary screen interactions again using more power and it's removing the KEY principle I hold dear in BlackBerry products ... I AM THE USER! Follow ME not vice versa that I expect from Android and more so on iOS!

Yes this is my revolution!

Before putting in more hardware or better hardware or features ... bring a simple thing that benefits EVERY user on ALL BB10 devices.
    Arrrgh.

vent diatribe over.
    I agree with the phone app opening back up. It should be an option to turn off and on. I personally don't like it doing that.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-30-15 08:53 AM
    blackberry 10.4 should be more androids including native Android services and try to behave forgetting all native app development that deseciona when I go to the store and find nothing
    Then go buy an android for yourself

Posted by Z30
    05-30-15 09:45 AM
    Then go buy an android for yourself

Posted by Z30
    Oh come on... us asking fellow BlackBerry users to go to Android is also one of the reasons why people are leaving BlackBerry in hordes. Instead of posting such comments we rather keep quiet.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 10:27 AM
    I want to see stability improvements and bugs fixes. Enhance the blackberry blend..

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 10:45 AM
    Dark Hub!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:01 AM
    I would sacrifice responsiveness in other areas to have the camera app pinned in memory and ready to go by default - too many missed opportunities.
    05-31-15 09:13 AM
    I would sacrifice responsiveness in other areas to have the camera app pinned in memory and ready to go by default - too many missed opportunities.
    No. If you want a camera, get a camera. This is a communications device.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:34 PM
    I'd like to be able to Tap N Pay.
    05-31-15 06:53 PM
    I'd like to be able to Tap N Pay.
    Move to Canada! It works great on my Z30!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:15 PM
    Why don't we write everything we're discussing to Michael Clewley? So he is aware of all of these. We're called to make our BB10 better, right? Then come on people do the right thing!

Posted from my Z30
    05-31-15 07:29 PM
    I would like to see BlackBerry Balance made into an OS level function with zero user interface. Do all of the segmentation and management behind the curtain. I as the user just want to seamlessly interact with my apps and data.

Second, make the apps page 1 and the open apps a secondary function. To manage performance on my Z30, I close apps not in use. My open apps page is usually empty and a waste of space. At least let the users decide what the primary screen is.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:46 PM
    Just spent two days trying to put a friends android phone right.
    Never will I complain about BB10 again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:10 AM
    Can move your install app to sd card or you can install an app directly on sd card.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:13 AM
    Yes !!! On my old Palm IIIc, there was an app add on titled "FLY ZIP" which ziPed any app desired & put a shortcut up. For use, it UNZIPPED the app in question & ran it. On close, the app ZIPPED itself. Saved space. Seems to have run headless ??

Can move your install app to sd card or you can install an app directly on sd card.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:23 AM
428 ... 1011121314 ...