Time comes when the thread name changes to 10.3.3 will be october, T minus 5 days ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 01:28 AM
    Need more time
    change to 10.3.3 will be spring
    09-25-16 05:52 AM
    You're like a dog with a bone, you just won't let it go even when there's no meat on the bone.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    The best part of the Bone is the Marrow dude. Posted using my BB10 Passport!!
    09-25-16 06:48 AM
    Need more time
    change to 10.3.3 will be spring
    Spring in what year?
    09-25-16 12:05 PM
    For all we know, 10.3.3 could also include a package for transitioning to Android.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-25-16 01:18 PM
    For all we know, 10.3.3 could also include a package for transitioning to Android.

While many BB10 users may appreciate that, there is no indication of such a plan as it earns at most good will at the expense of new BlackBerry Android handset sales. Time is on BlackBerry's side in that BB10 holdouts will inevitably upgrade there device within a few years as the browser shows its age, so where would the ROI be for a software BB10 to Android update path?

I'm well past the optimistic/hope phase with BlackBerry and my next phone will be an iPhone or Nexus/Pixel where the support is longer and more frequent, and the device and OS are from the same reliable company, respectively. Absent of significant good will gestures from BlackBerry I won't even recommend any BlackBerry product after feeling burnt with the pair of Z30s I bought that can't even do Wi-Fi Calling dependably if at all, among other things. If 10.3.3 does come out and doesn't solve my problems I'll sell them and move on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by settle; 09-25-16 at 06:18 PM.
    09-25-16 03:29 PM
    While many BB10 users may appreciate that, there is no indication of such a plan as it earns at most good will at the expense of new BlackBerry Android handset sales. Time is on BlackBerry's side in that BB10 holdouts will inevitably upgrade there device within a few years as the browser shows its age, so where would the ROI be for a software BB10 to Android update path?

I'm well past the optimistic/hope phase with BlackBerry and my next phone will be an iPhone or Nexus/Pixel where the support is longer and more frequent, and the device and OS are from the same reliable company, respectively. Absent of significant good will gestures from BlackBerry I won't even recommend any BlackBerry product after feeling burnt with the pair of Z30s I bought that can't even do Wi-Fi Calling dependably if at all, among other things. If 10.3.3 does come out and doesn't solve my problems I'll sell them and move on.

Posted via CB10
    I can understand your opinion for the most part, but I don't see how Apple or Google support their own phones *longer* than BlackBerry? 'Cause even the BlackBerry Z10 will get the 10.3.3 update, a phone that is 3.5 years old right now.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-25-16 11:53 PM
    I can understand your opinion for the most part, but I don't see how Apple or Google support their own phones *longer* than BlackBerry? 'Cause even the BlackBerry Z10 will get the 10.3.3 update, a phone that is 3.5 years old right now.

Google and Apple's support includes security fixes/enhancements as well as new features for nearly as long if not longer than BlackBerry. I can't remember the last significant feature that I got in a BlackBerry update. I mean BB10 still doesn't even have cross platform BBM video chat, but somehow Android and iOS have it? And even BB10 security is lacking features the others have, like randomizing your Wi-Fi MAC to thwart tracking.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 12:29 AM

IPhone 5 still supported ios10
    09-26-16 12:36 AM
    Hah ha it's March 2017

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 01:16 AM
    IPhone 5 still supported ios10
    I know. I didn't say BlackBerry supports their phones longer than Apple, I just meant that BlackBerry does support their phones for a long time as well.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-26-16 03:46 AM
    Google and Apple's support includes security fixes/enhancements as well as new features for nearly as long if not longer than BlackBerry. I can't remember the last significant feature that I got in a BlackBerry update. I mean BB10 still doesn't even have cross platform BBM video chat, but somehow Android and iOS have it? And even BB10 security is lacking features the others have, like randomizing your Wi-Fi MAC to thwart tracking.

Posted via CB10
    We were talking length of support, not what's included in the updates.

But even so, earlier this year BB10 got BlackBerry Protect, that's quite a big feature.
    I do agree with you that BlackBerry doesn't really give us big features anymore. Though on the other hand: iOS has lots of features that a lot of people don't even use (according to plenty of official surveys!) so not all features are worth having.
    FWIW: I personally don't even understand some of the features found on other platforms like 3D Touch for example, even after watching a few videos about it and commercials on TV (and mind you that I'm only 24.5 y/o so it's not an age issue!).

09-26-16 03:53 AM
    I have An idea for Black berry
    make their os as a open source os and share it .... then throw away it and leave it ...WE DON'T NEED THAY PUBLISH A BUGY
    UPDATE
    we can make our Necessarys
    if they want to support android and follow it
    we don't have problem but if they want kill their os I say do not
    make it open source
    Seriously
    I MADE THAT SUGGESTION... sometimes ago...

It will be much attractive if a BB phone is packed with 2 OS.
    No not iOS, nor Symbian, but Windows, since the current BB10 is already packed with Android runtime.

Personally, i feel that the inclusion of plain/BB spin off version Android is a little waste of space to the system, since BB10 have that runtime. Certainly, BB's Android runtime will not be up-to-date to accommodate apps designed for the latest version of Android, where Android users will want to see and use...
    Hence, the practical way to accommodate Android or other OS(Win10 for example), is to pe-install a customized version that is un-installable like Ubuntu. Ready to download, ready to install, ready to use, ready to remove if user find it hardware hogging... Such customized version can only be downloaded from BB websites.
    09-26-16 03:55 AM
    ... just talk the talk but ... 10.3.3 date? Or is true of March 2017?
    09-26-16 04:41 AM

I don't think I'd do it if it did which it won't. That be cool though. I wouldn't do it on either passport, wait, maybe on the white, hmm, if they had more stock left it would push people to buy another possibly as I can't use droid as a Daily driver phone, must for BB10 until I see things break so horrid that it's unusable to me we are nowhere near that point yet but I suppose I see to some how they are..

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-26-16 11:11 AM
    I know. I didn't say BlackBerry supports their phones longer than Apple, I just meant that BlackBerry does support their phones for a long time as well.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    ...and apple broke one of their phones in the process going to 8 or for sure 9 then trimmed it, then realized how many folks still wanted the 3.5 inch screen or whatever it was and made a new one with just enough power to run the latest OS, isn't that what happened? Vistaus, couldn't find the original poster towards you, feeling lazy but I hate apple which I suppose is funny as its prob the OS the most close to BB10 we have left as in Unix-like or linux? Maybe that's sailfish...

PS: Did I say I HATE Apple, scam artist. Never spent a buck with them. They also block so much like showbox, etc. How the hell are they knowing or controlling your phones apps if you choose to be a streaming pirate! Crazy...

Motto: "Apple, we save you from prison time" hah

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-26-16 11:18 AM

PS: not to be a bummer either but I was quoted straight from androids rules and regulations here by a well known member, android does not support a 1:1 or its not allowed I think up to 3:2 or "was" and now it stops at 4:3 which I prefer all three over the brick 16:9.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-26-16 11:21 AM
    I'm not sure it's worth starting the "10.3.3 will be *October" thread...

Just sayin'
    09-28-16 08:10 AM

Just sayin'
    Based on today's call....10.3.3 ghost update should be new thread.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 08:35 AM
    Security updates OS-10.3.3 and OS-10.3.4 remember?
    Until end of service around 2018

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    09-28-16 08:41 AM
    Security updates OS-10.3.3 and OS-10.3.4 remember?
    Until end of service around 2018

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Yeaaaahhhhh..... Sure. That's why I moved to PRIV..... I needed a tool not a toy....

09-28-16 08:44 AM
    Yeaaaahhhhh..... Sure. That's why I moved to PRIV..... I needed a tool not a toy....

Well you moved from one toy to another,

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and Vistaus like this.
    09-28-16 03:54 PM

Did I miss something? Is the 10.3.3 update coming out? How can the z10 be getting an update that appears to be stuck in never never land.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 04:01 PM

Just sayin'
    Agreed...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 04:03 PM
    Well you moved from one toy to another,

Posted via CB10
    LOL, so true. One has this other don't and vice versa, whatever works for the individual Is right!...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-28-16 04:06 PM
384 ... 13141516