A few things to understand! BB10 system of "android runtime" did not work too well. Android phone, the company had two (DTEK50 private) has no such worries. What is true for Blackberry users liked the system. We are told that the point of slipping due to the release of BB10 10.3.3 "Android Runtime" error. But if I want to work it out on your Android Blackberry account? I think the company has been in this dilemma. Only they certainly assumed that many people give up and ask to buy an Android ****. They did not think that if someone is good for android, much better hardware receives half as much money as the Blackberry phones! It is therefore possible that the system will never be fresh!
    09-09-16 04:32 AM
    By the time they get NIAP certification, production of BB10 models will have stopped anyway.

Waste of time and effort.
    09-09-16 10:20 AM
    Once they have finished abandoning bb10 handsets and software, they will be busy preparing to abandon the Android handsets... Windows 10 mobile next?
    09-09-16 10:27 AM
    By the time they get NIAP certification, production of BB10 models will have stopped anyway.

Waste of time and effort.
    BB10 production ended a long time ago.
    09-09-16 10:32 AM
    Can somebody ban him until 10.3.3 comes out?

It has been said over and over again. That 10.3.3 was released on the Developers blog. DEVELOPERS blog. You said it yourself that it came from the Developers site.

And it says right in there: "Similar to the previous beta releases, these autoloaders contain a reduced set of BlackBerry 10 applications compared to a full OS release and are intended for application testing, not regular use."

People have numerous times sent you links to the additional files that will make your phone useful until when/if 10.3.3 final build comes out. So unless you have something constructive to say, why not just sit back and wait like the rest of us.

Posted via CB10
    Ban for having an opinion man and or statement no matter how silly (not saying his is, dunno) but there are people here to set others straight as I have set people straight and they set me straight but BAN and crackberry doesn't go along to well as far as I know unless your a total ******.

This is the most libertarian site around, I hope this is a joke which I think it was, haha. No matter how annoying as I have even been in the past with ART it's freedom of speech! Even if repetitive now with that said I'm sure there are still limits, maybe you seen more then I seen or again were just joshing. Haha...

PS: Was it just me or was Crackberry forums down a bit ago today?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-09-16 04:10 PM
    BB10 production ended a long time ago.
    And, any significant development of BB10 ended more than a year ago.

And, maybe the problem with 10.3 3 NIAP certification is that changes need to be made to BB10, and there's either no one left to do it, or BlackBerry has decided that the cost to do it is more than it's worth to them this late in the game.

Maybe if they got NIAP certification for BB10 devices by June as Chen was hoping, it might have been worth it, but with two Android phones already out and two more on the way, It may be getting too late now.
    09-09-16 04:12 PM
    And, any significant development of BB10 ended more than a year ago.

And, maybe the problem with 10.3 3 NIAP certification is that changes need to be made to BB10, and there's either no one left to do it, or BlackBerry has decided that the cost to do it is more than it's worth to them this late in the game.

Maybe if they got NIAP certification for BB10 devices by June as Chen was hoping, it might have been worth it, but with two Android phones already out and two more on the way, It may be getting too late now.
    If I'm to believe fellow forum member and moderator (and shareholder?) BigBadWulf, they do have serious plans for BB10 once it gets NIAP certified so it's probably worth it.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-09-16 04:29 PM
    If I'm to believe fellow forum member and moderator (and shareholder?) BigBadWulf, they do have serious plans for BB10 once it gets NIAP certified so it's probably worth it.

Whut?
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-09-16 04:39 PM

As each day goes by, more and more people leave
    BB10 for Android or IOS. The need to roll out 10.3.3 becomes less and less necessary. I've been using a PRIV for about 4 months now. I pulled old BB10 device from drawer and it's not as user friendly as I remember it. Really, what does it do that Android doesn't? Meanwhile the list of things I can do on my PRIV is long compared to BB10....

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 04:40 PM
    I guess 10.3.3 will be just a security update and some bugs fixes here and there. I am sure this update is just a HYPE among the BlackBerry users and the community.

As mentioned it brings nothing new features to the table. It would be really nice if BlackBerry 10 gets a over haul. I have been an android user from last 5 years I've stuck with the samsung note series and I've ordered my new samsund note 7 which should arrive by end of this week, coming from android eco system I would say that BlackBerry 10 is a very stable Os.

BlackBerry Os is well designed keeping lot of things in mind. It's meant for professionals. I barely have to reboot my passport is quite the best device I've picked till date and I wish to never sell this device. I'll soon get the passport battery replaced I've already spoken to BlackBerry service center once I get my note 7 I shall replace it.

I would like to say BlackBerry Passport is jack of all traders and master of none.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 04:45 PM
    It's clear that back in April BlackBerry was hoping they could profit by getting quick NIAP certifcation, but that opportunity now seems to have passed.

And it is now clear that BlackBerry has serious plans to profit from their Android hardware and software products.

At this point, BlackBerry needs to do some serious re-thinking about what a business plan for BB10 could be.
    09-09-16 05:07 PM
    It's clear that back in April BlackBerry was hoping they could profit by getting quick NIAP certifcation, but that opportunity now seems to have passed.

And it is now clear that BlackBerry has serious plans to profit from their Android hardware and software products.

At this point, BlackBerry needs to do some serious re-thinking about what a business plan for BB10 could be.
    I'm fairly certain we all know what that plan is.
    09-09-16 05:30 PM
    Let me take the pride moment in opening the new thread regarding the release of BlackBerry 10.3.3.x. By hoping the arrival of it at least this month.

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    I think iphone user will get their os 10.3.3 sooner than us

Posted via CB10
    BB-JAM215, JeepBB and moyah8 like this.
    09-09-16 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Their beta is probably already 10.3.4....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, that is funny.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-09-16 08:15 PM
    Lol, that is funny.
    Considering the rate at which Apple pushes out updates to IOS compared to BlackBerry for BB10, they could actually get to 10.3.3 before BlackBerry does.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    09-09-16 08:29 PM
    Considering the rate at which Apple pushes out updates to IOS compared to BlackBerry for BB10, they could actually get to 10.3.3 before BlackBerry does.
    But what does iOS 10 bring really? Even more eye-candy unstable crap (everyone knows you have to wait a few point releases before iOS gets stable again)?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-10-16 12:00 AM
    As each day goes by, more and more people leave
    BB10 for Android or IOS. The need to roll out 10.3.3 becomes less and less necessary. I've been using a PRIV for about 4 months now. I pulled old BB10 device from drawer and it's not as user friendly as I remember it. Really, what does it do that Android doesn't? Meanwhile the list of things I can do on my PRIV is long compared to BB10....

Posted via CB10
    I can name some things that BB10 has and Android doesn't. I don't have time right now but lemme know if you want to hear it, then I'll come back on it later today.

09-10-16 12:01 AM
    You'd think they could at least push out a fake update for us. Bug fixes or something else they could claim. Just to throw us a bone. Maybe they realized it's not even worth it to pay for bandwidth to push out an update.

If you really think about it, except for whatever hardware stock they have sitting that can eventually be moved (which they'll likely sell at a loss), there is no other revenue associated with BB10. Yes the ethical thing to do would be to provide loyal customers with support, but at this point, I kinda don't blame them for ditching us.

There's no more BB10 money to be had for them. Cut the losses and move on. It's a shame for such a beautiful operating system.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 and wojt7 like this.
    09-10-16 12:35 AM
    Hey I am here to join the party! 10.4 anyone?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 01:29 AM
    It's a tuff competition out there ios and and android has grown from on users. These days users are less interested in security but rather interested in flashy and eye catching os. And now blackberry has entered the android market to recover their brand name.

Even for the fact that Obama has stopped using blackberry and moved on to Android.

Blackberry have started ditching bb 10 with no further updates and only concentrating on bringing out the android devices which I think is good from business stand point. But what aout people like us who still depend on bb10? Have they really planned anything for us is the big question.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 01:29 AM
    Hey I am here to join the party! 10.4 anyone?
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be *September-1_123125_123073_2207907_2212625_090318_ex_lampshademantn.jpg.crop.original-original.jpg
    09-10-16 02:34 AM
    I hope whatever changes in 10.3.3 ART it won't break Cobalt's Google Play support, otherwise it would be a disaster.
    09-10-16 04:08 AM
    Complete NIAP certification of BB10 makes no business sense if they won't continue with it. People are already moving away, so why certify it?

It's highly likely they will continue once the certification is completed...it makes more sense that way.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-10-16 05:01 AM
    I can name some things that BB10 has and Android doesn't. I don't have time right now but lemme know if you want to hear it, then I'll come back on it later today.

The point was the bigger picture. There become fewer reasons (and users) for BlackBerry to roll out 10.3.3 as each day passes. BBOS7 and BB10 become like Windows XP and Windows 7. They never speak negatively about the older versions previously developed but no longer effectively supported. The message and perception with important customers is understood privately behind closed doors. Plausible deniability on the corporate level.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 05:57 AM
384 ... 678910 ...