I referred NIAP website, where I can see that iPhone has this certification for all devices from 5S and ahaed... the certification was issued around January this year.

Samsung, LG and Microsoft has this certification for several months already for their selected few devices.

Why BlackBerry is lagging behind to acquire this certification? Or is this new fake excuse by BlackBerry to hide their failure in rolling-out the 10.3.3 yet?
    It's under evaluation for NIAP according to this list,

https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product
    09-06-16 09:58 AM

This is a Canadian lab and probably the NIAP equivalent in Canada. NOT USA.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-06-16 10:01 AM
    It's still NIAP testing though, click the links under "Conformance Claim"
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-06-16 10:04 AM
    The product has been listed only now..??? So where was it all these days..?? What were they doing with it all these days..?? Does these questions means it has any unsaid special features in it...?? Or it took a lot of time only to build the OS with an basic things just being updated in version number...??

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-06-16 10:46 AM
    The product has been listed only now..???
    It doesn't say when it was listed.
    09-06-16 11:05 AM

So THAT'S where it has been hiding! Good to see that it is real, with the ball in another's court.
    09-06-16 11:24 AM
    No. The MDM service that the OS is being tested with is already NIAP compliant. That's all that means.

In fact, you'll find that MDM software already listed with NIAP. With Samsung's Knox, Apple OS, and Windows all being tested at NIAP in the US using the same MDM service. But BlackBerry is NOT listed.

That Canadian certification site has nothing to do with NIAP itself testing OS 10.3.3 in the US.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 11:39 AM
    No. The MDM service that the OS is being tested with is already NIAP compliant. That's all that means.

In fact, you'll find that MDM software already listed with NIAP. With Samsung's Knox, Apple OS, and Windows all being tested at NIAP in the US using the same MDM service. But BlackBerry is NOT listed.

That Canadian certification site has nothing to do with NIAP itself testing OS 10.3.3 in the US.

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid I don't follow, the listed profiles are what OS 10.3.3 is being evaluated for compliance with, not what's being submitted for evaluation. NIAP testing can be done by partners as well (the products you've listed were),

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PCL.cfm
    09-06-16 12:09 PM
    It doesn't say when it was listed.
    It doesn't say it. But months it was not there we I checked by a link I found in the thread..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-06-16 01:53 PM
    It doesn't say it. But months it was not there we I checked by a link I found in the thread..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Its a different website.
    09-06-16 02:17 PM
    Sadly, after a long wait, no significant update.
    09-06-16 02:46 PM
    I've done some digging around both NIAP's website and the Canadian 'Common Criteria Portal', and it appears that the 'common criteria' are internationally recognized, with various countries honouring certifications earned in other nations.

For instance, Apple's iOS 9.2 appears on both NIAP and the Canadian lists, and the certification report is identical on both websites, provided by a lab in TX.

Going the other way, something called "FortiMail 5.2.6" was certified in Canada by EWA Canada, and appears on both the Canadian and the NIAP websites, with the identical certification report.

So my conclusion is that if/when BlackBerry 10.3.3 receives its certification in Canada, that will count with NIAP in the USA.

It's just too bad the Canadian site doesn't include more information, eg. the 'kickoff date' like the NIAP site does.
    09-06-16 05:16 PM
    I think you should check your sarcasm detector
    Yeah, it's a bit off these days.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 06:40 PM
    So we can't get a beta of 10.3.3? Given that Apple had three zero days for four years and yet passed NIAP, I doubt the certification means much. It doesn't get much worse than a remote rooting.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and hellomoto921 like this.
    09-06-16 07:41 PM

I hear tell that the Chevy Vega is also being tested for fuel efficiency and any needed repairs are on hold until they receive Car & Track Magazine's Seal Of Approval.
    09-06-16 08:43 PM
    So we can't get a beta of 10.3.3? Given that Apple had three zero days for four years and yet passed NIAP, I doubt the certification means much. It doesn't get much worse than a remote rooting.
    Yes, you can get the beta version, but it appears to be an incomplete OS, and those who have installed it are complaining the most about the delay in getting the final version.
    09-06-16 08:55 PM
    Kudos to Invictus0, StephanieMaks for bringing some much needed enlightenment.
    This thread was getting fairly gaseous.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-06-16 09:19 PM
    Yes, you can get the beta version, but it appears to be an incomplete OS, and those who have installed it are complaining the most about the delay in getting the final version.
    No, you can't get the beta version as there is none. What you're talking about is the DEV version which is aimed at developers for testing their apps, which is why it's incomplete.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-07-16 12:01 AM
    No, you can't get the beta version as there is none. What you're talking about is the DEV version which is aimed at developers for testing their apps, which is why it's incomplete.
    I don't know why people say it's not a beta version since BlackBerry's own announcement is titled "Beta BlackBerry 10.3.3 Autoloaders Are Here!" http://devblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...ders-are-here/

If you follow the link to the download page, sure the site is under their developer section and the top says "Updating the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Software", but the dropdown menu is titled "10.3.3 Beta Autoloaders" and all but one of the choices are non-dev alpha devices.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ha_update.html

BlackBerry was consistent in their warning that once you upgrade to 10.3.3 there is no downgrading. Thankfully, I took their warning seriously and only upgraded my backup device to test out 10.3.3. Admittedly, I didn't expect the beta 10.3.3 release (or dev 10.3.3 release if you still insist) to be lacking as much as it does nor take so long for the gold release.
    09-07-16 12:57 AM
    I don't know why people say it's not a beta version since BlackBerry's own announcement is titled "Beta BlackBerry 10.3.3 Autoloaders Are Here!" http://devblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...ders-are-here/

If you follow the link to the download page, sure the site is under their developer section and the top says "Updating the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Software", but the dropdown menu is titled "10.3.3 Beta Autoloaders" and all but one of the choices are non-dev alpha devices.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ha_update.html

BlackBerry was consistent in their warning that once you upgrade to 10.3.3 there is no downgrading. Thankfully, I took their warning seriously and only upgraded my backup device to test out 10.3.3. Admittedly, I didn't expect the beta 10.3.3 release (or dev 10.3.3 release if you still insist) to be lacking as much as it does nor take so long for the gold release.
    A little birdy around here who knows what he's talking about (I think we all know who that is) told me you can just sideload the 70 to 80 missing apps. I have to agree as well, as- it's right there. I to - read this prior.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-07-16 02:33 AM
    I await the October surprise.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-07-16 02:52 AM
    What October?
    09-07-16 05:15 AM
    I await the October surprise.

Posted via CB10
    ("SURPRISE!!!" <Opens hands to reveal nothing>)
    09-07-16 08:34 AM
    Everyone jokes ... are able to publish a date after the rough to the third promised not look! It buries itself in the band ...
    09-07-16 11:13 AM
    It not going to happen till March 2017 two software. Releases

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 11:22 AM
384 ... 34567 ...