That doesn't sound like an official statement at all with all the errors in it. Where's a link for an official BlackBerry site containing said statement?
    Shorts to tight are they?
    09-05-16 05:12 PM
    Sailfish uses an ART developed by an external company, Swiss Company Myriad Group, though the Sailfish ART is a bit different.
    http://www.myriadgroup.com/en/produc.../alien-dalvik/
    Posted via CB10
    That doesn't matter 'cause I'm talking about what the Sailfish devs said about the OHA agreement, not what kind of ART they use.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-05-16 05:14 PM
    That doesn't matter 'cause I'm talking about what the Sailfish devs said about the OHA agreement, not what kind of ART they use.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    You got a link to this please ? Like to have a read of It

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 05:16 PM
    Again: the OHA agreement only applies to 5.0 and up. This is what the SailfishOS devs have said and given that they are a phone/OS company also with an ART fork, I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    I believe this as amazon phone which flopped for other reasons ended with a lolli art I believe...

It didn't start there though... but was updated.

BB10 is different as now droid is racing to update to new versions and new arts to kills off others but if we can have lolli, we could keep it going for them, ourselves as out now but for way longer! It would be worth it, they just do not see it.

Pay for that, then let it sit! Why not, come back when they pulled the money they can from android. Get the app Hubby, shows you BlackBerry stock everyday right in the HUB. It's been up more then down recently, wonder why?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 11:23 PM
    I believe this as amazon phone which flopped for other reasons ended with a lolli art I believe...

It didn't start there though... but was updated.

BB10 is different as now droid is racing to update to new versions and new arts to kills off others but if we can have lolli, we could keep it going for them, ourselves as out now but for way longer! It would be worth it, they just do not see it.

Pay for that, then let it sit! Why not, come back when they pulled the money they can from android. Get the app Hubby, shows you BlackBerry stock everyday right in the HUB. It's been up more then down recently, wonder why?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Also the ART is already messed with by blackberry or at least known about as they have had the priv released with lolli, can't be that hard to join a few people fired back in with the droid team to make this happen then let it sit for us. We can take it from there as we have been third party!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 11:25 PM
    Also the ART is already messed with by blackberry or at least known about as they have had the priv released with lolli, can't be that hard to join a few people fired back in with the droid team to make this happen then let it sit for us. We can take it from there as we have been third party!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    What are you going on and on for about the ART who everyone knows is not getting a significant update anymore, particularly in this thread that is about when the update is going to be released. Start a separate thread for ART if you care that much about it.
    09-05-16 11:58 PM
    What are you going on and on for about the ART who everyone knows is not getting a significant update anymore, particularly in this thread that is about when the update is going to be released. Start a separate thread for ART if you care that much about it.
    I didn't know was a certain limit and that was up to you as I can trace back a few within this thread of you engaging in convo regarding ART. Yes massa, Thanks for the warning...

#BlackberryARTUpdatePetition coming soon!..

PS: ART can be spoken of within here while waiting on a partially mystery late release? If not and ya a boss. Sad. This has always been one of the better, Libertarian "like" forums.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-06-16 03:09 AM
    I referred NIAP website, where I can see that iPhone has this certification for all devices from 5S and ahaed... the certification was issued around January this year.

Samsung, LG and Microsoft has this certification for several months already for their selected few devices.

Why BlackBerry is lagging behind to acquire this certification? Or is this new fake excuse by BlackBerry to hide their failure in rolling-out the 10.3.3 yet?
    09-06-16 05:09 AM
    I referred NIAP website, where I can see that iPhone has this certification for all devices from 5S and ahaed... the certification was issued around January this year.

Samsung, LG and Microsoft has this certification for several months already for their selected few devices.

Why BlackBerry is lagging behind to acquire this certification? Or is this new fake excuse by BlackBerry to hide their failure in rolling-out the 10.3.3 yet?
    Very little is known publicly about NIAP certification. I have no idea if there are several levels of certification, or if it is binary (yes or no).
    DreadPirateRegan and Vistaus like this.
    09-06-16 05:58 AM
    09-06-16 06:03 AM
    You may find some details here on these links about what I said;

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PCL.cfm
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10695
    Yes, but we have no idea what level of certification BB10 is applying for. It may not be the same as Apple.
    09-06-16 06:05 AM
    Agreed.... that there is POSSIBILITY of difficulty in getting certification.... but not keeping BB users updated isn't fair... and this happens after multiple failure of promised dates... and that too 10.3.3 isn't the first of such instances... with 10.2 and 10.3 also was the case.... and users were annoyed to limits

I also agree the update may not bring much to users... but still an UPDATE generates some interest and excitement (natural).... whereas BB is killing it and creating negativity instead with delays and unfulfilled promises
    09-06-16 06:11 AM
    but not keeping BB users updated isn't fair...
    You know what they say...
    09-06-16 06:13 AM
    I still find it concerning that 10.3.3 isn't even on the NIAP 'products in evaluation' page. I see Samsung's Note 7 is up on there now.

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PINE.cfm

Whether or not that short list includes 'all' the products being evaluated, there shouldn't be any reason to keep 10.3.3's 'in evaluation' status a secret, considering BlackBerry has already mentioned it publicly several times.

So why isn't it there?
    09-06-16 07:15 AM
    So why isn't it there?
    That's a good question.

I can only speculate that the company making the application can opt-out of the public disclosure. But that raises the subsequent question of why BlackBerry would do that.

I am curious as to all the secrecy around this update.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-06-16 07:18 AM
    Yes, but we have no idea what level of certification BB10 is applying for. It may not be the same as Apple.
    Not that I care so much but is it true that Obama no longer utilizes a blackberry device? He now uses a "special samsung" since we seen it on the news right during the classics release that he "forgot his blackberry".... hmmm. Don't care about him just wondering how much if any blackberry is losing their foothold in the one strong area they had it in which I particularly don't care about except stock values as in government user base makes up a decent portion of users hence why ART (had to do it conite, lol) does not matter much to them and some others....

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-06-16 07:23 AM
    Not that I care so much but is it true that Obama no longer utilizes a blackberry device? He now uses a "special samsung" since we seen it on the news right during the classics release that he "forgot his blackberry".... hmmm. Don't care about him just wondering how much if any blackberry is losing their foothold in the one strong area they had it in which I particularly don't care about except stock values as in government user base makes up a decent portion of users hence why ART (had to do it conite, lol) does not matter much to them and some others....

-Dread Pirate Regan
    His device is no more a Samsung than his last device was a BlackBerry.

BB10 sales into government paled by comparison to BBOS.

It is the software side - BES/Good, AtHoc, WatchDox, and SecureSmart that BlackBerry is really interested in. Devices are just a complimentary product to round out the offering - but not essential.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-06-16 07:29 AM
    The text at the top of the NIAP 'in evaluation' page is pretty clear, and does not mention any possibility of 'in evaluation' products being withheld from the list.

Granted, that doesn't prove NIAP doesn't have a mechanism for keeping some products' evaluation status a secret. But it doesn't fill me with a lot of optomism or faith in Chen & BlackBerry's claims.

According to NIAP, you get on that list when you file the application and have a 'kick off' meeting. And you get off that list when you either receive certification, or when you withdraw your application.

n order for a product to be placed on this list the product must currently be undergoing evaluation in the United States with a NIAP-approved Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) and have completed an Evaluation Kick off Meeting (or equivalent) whereby CCEVS management has officially accepted the product into evaluation. CCEVS will only accept new products to be posted to this site through a NIAP-approved CCTL. Contact your CCTL to submit evaluation acceptance paperwork to CCEVS through appropriate channels. Please be aware that information in entries listed below such as product or protection profile names, versions, etc. may change as the evaluation progresses; therefore, the viewer should always confirm the below entry information with the sponsor contact. Entries on this list will be removed when either a Common Criteria Certificate has been issued for the product, or the CCTL or vendor is no longer pursuing evaluation of the product under CCEVS procedures.
    DrBoomBotz and Uzi like this.
    09-06-16 07:31 AM
    Looking forward to seeing you all at the "BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be released in October" thread.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-06-16 08:04 AM
    Looking forward to seeing you all at the "BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be released in October" thread.
    Already made your reservations?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-06-16 08:13 AM
    OFFICIAL RELEASE FROM BLACKBERRY: The new OS will be released as soon as we rectify the situation as put forward. We can say with complete confidence that we will modify the product as we release the situation to out beta team, this in no way will change our commitment to release the OS to the public to maximize the complete picture, BlackBerry is moving forward to maximize this situation and confident that it will be released as soon as we release it, as our brilliant OS 10 engineering staff prides itself on our core motto " If we can Find it, it must be there". Thank you again for being a loyal BlackBerry user.

I hope this clear release from BlackBerry helps!
    Is this for real? Is this a real BlackBerry communication? Riddled with grammar issues and meaningless sentences? Is a coop student writing these nowadays?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 09:14 AM
    Hey, I already reserved myself in opening that thread yesterday...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-06-16 09:20 AM
    Is this for real? Is this a real BlackBerry communication? Riddled with grammar issues and meaningless sentences? Is a coop student writing these nowadays?

Posted via CB10
    I think you should check your sarcasm detector
    09-06-16 09:25 AM
    [QUOTE=Manesik;12577398]Is this for real? Is this a real BlackBerry communication? Riddled with grammar issues and meaningless sentences? Is a coop student writing these nowadays?

What can I say.....
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-06-16 09:36 AM
    I think you should check your sarcasm detector
    His shorts are way to tight........
    brookie229 and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-06-16 09:38 AM
384 ... 23456 ...