No

Posted via CB10
    Could you throw in a tin of silver paint?
    09-04-16 10:30 AM
    Probably lol

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 11:06 AM
    No it won't, it will be never. Learn from the past. Bb10 is dead.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 12:13 PM
    OFFICIAL RELEASE FROM BLACKBERRY: The new OS will be released as soon as we rectify the situation as put forward. We can say with complete confidence that we will modify the product as we release the situation to out beta team, this in no way will change our commitment to release the OS to the public to maximize the complete picture, BlackBerry is moving forward to maximize this situation and confident that it will be released as soon as we release it, as our brilliant OS 10 engineering staff prides itself on our core motto " If we can Find it, it must be there". Thank you again for being a loyal BlackBerry user.

I hope this clear release from BlackBerry helps!
    Haha brilliant! That's seems to be the extent so far of their 'commitment' to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    09-04-16 02:46 PM
    If it does not bring an improved Android Runtime, I really don't care when and if it ever comes. Most of the important apps are not in the BlackBerry World and they will never be. At least, with an updated Android Runtime we would be able to run some Android apks, which I know, don't work as well as BB10 apps, but at least you try )
    Most people don't seem to get the fact that really BB10 is dead. Soon, my Passport Silver will be a nice paperweight on my desk. I take this opportunity to ask my money back, Mr. Chen. Go Android, you'll flop in the same manner.
    I agree but when mentioned often you will become attacked and feel very sad and cry (hahaha) with "it will never happen" etc, etc, etc....

Which we know but isn't the forum for sharing thoughts, feelings, ideas, expressions, etc, etc, etc....
    I hope Chen drops a Bombshell on all these guys with a 6.0.1 ART BAR in 10.3.3 hence it's taken longer as that will keep us business via third party devs and portals as well as apk's for years! They can then just drop a updated PP like BB10 phone once every three years and keep their OS with little spending, actually none after the ART release which yes, I know, it will never happen!

Imagine the publicity stunt that would get though? If the amazon phone has lolli ART then we can at least have that and it shouldn't be to hard for them beings they are in bed with google somewhat now. Use some of that QNX money they are dominating!

ART is killing BB10 and Re closing the app gapp, why Chen. You *****! BlackBerry 10 blows android out the water!

-DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    BerrySoul likes this.
    09-04-16 03:01 PM
    I agree but when mentioned often you will become attacked and feel very sad and cry (hahaha) with "it will never happen" etc, etc, etc....

Which we know but isn't the forum for sharing thoughts, feelings, ideas, expressions, etc, etc, etc....
    I hope Chen drops a Bombshell on all these guys with a 6.0.1 ART BAR in 10.3.3 hence it's taken longer as that will keep us business via third party devs and portals as well as apk's for years! They can then just drop a updated PP like BB10 phone once every three years and keep their OS with little spending, actually none after the ART release which yes, I know, it will never happen!

Imagine the publicity stunt that would get though? If the amazon phone has lolli ART then we can at least have that and it shouldn't be to hard for them beings they are in bed with google somewhat now. Use some of that QNX money they are dominating!

ART is killing BB10 and Re closing the app gapp, why Chen. You *****! BlackBerry 10 blows android out the water!

-DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    How about we get a petition started for updated BB10 ART to at least Lollipop! Who would sign? Then we can send it to Chen! Who Is the biggest petition website?....

When I called them about the ART that was not allowing un-installs of droid apps and all the complaints on here they had bone in their system. It was fixed the next day and I was personally emailed! No BS!!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-04-16 03:04 PM
    If it does not bring an improved Android Runtime, I really don't care when and if it ever comes. Most of the important apps are not in the BlackBerry World and they will never be. At least, with an updated Android Runtime we would be able to run some Android apks, which I know, don't work as well as BB10 apps, but at least you try )
    Most people don't seem to get the fact that really BB10 is dead. Soon, my Passport Silver will be a nice paperweight on my desk. I take this opportunity to ask my money back, Mr. Chen. Go Android, you'll flop in the same manner.
    You are better off moving to Android if those are "important apps" to you.
    More and more apps are starting to need Google Play Services.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    ioan_calin likes this.
    09-04-16 03:13 PM
    And next month we will have a thread 'OS 10.3.3 will be October" LOL.

Posted via my BlackBerry � Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    Now wait just one minute.....................BlackBerry has never said which September have they.......LOL
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-04-16 05:43 PM
    You're like a dog with a bone, you just won't let it go even when there's no meat on the bone.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.

Grrrrrrrrrrr..........WOOOOOF!
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    09-04-16 05:44 PM
    OFFICIAL RELEASE FROM BLACKBERRY: The new OS will be released as soon as we rectify the situation as put forward. We can say with complete confidence that we will modify the product as we release the situation to out beta team, this in no way will change our commitment to release the OS to the public to maximize the complete picture, BlackBerry is moving forward to maximize this situation and confident that it will be released as soon as we release it, as our brilliant OS 10 engineering staff prides itself on our core motto " If we can Find it, it must be there". Thank you again for being a loyal BlackBerry user.

I hope this clear release from BlackBerry helps!
    That doesn't sound like an official statement at all with all the errors in it. Where's a link for an official BlackBerry site containing said statement?
    09-04-16 08:00 PM
    That doesn't sound like an official statement at all with all the errors in it. Where's a link for an official BlackBerry site containing said statement?
    Aspergers?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-04-16 08:18 PM
    How about we get a petition started for updated BB10 ART to at least Lollipop! Who would sign? Then we can send it to Chen! Who Is the biggest petition website?....

When I called them about the ART that was not allowing un-installs of droid apps and all the complaints on here they had bone in their system. It was fixed the next day and I was personally emailed! No BS!!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    As far as I know change.org is a fame. But the fact is bb10 has no problem on updating the ART but for Google it is. Its a contract that has been signed which say that only Android based devices will get the updates regularly. I'm no so clear about it. Just ask conite what's that all about.

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-04-16 08:45 PM
    As far as I know change.org is a fame. But the fact is bb10 has no problem on updating the ART but for Google it is. Its a contract that has been signed which say that only Android based devices will get the updates regularly. I'm no so clear about it. Just ask conite what's that all about.

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Google's rules say that ART implementations like the one on BlackBerry and SailfishOS can't be upgraded to 5.0 and beyond. So BlackBerry could still upgrade our ART to 4.4

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-04-16 11:54 PM
    Google's rules say that ART implementations like the one on BlackBerry and SailfishOS can't be upgraded to 5.0 and beyond. So BlackBerry could still upgrade our ART to 4.4

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    4.4 is still a fairly targeted OS as kit kat is and was the most popular. That was a turning point! Kit kat please. How come amazon phone got lolli ART? Thanks for the info...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 12:12 AM
    Guys the main reason is that Chen fired almost all of the BB10 staff. As easy as it sounds, updating the android runtime to work with BB10 is probably a pretty significant task. There's nobody left to do it, though.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 12:54 AM
    Guys the main reason is that Chen fired almost all of the BB10 staff. As easy as it sounds, updating the android runtime to work with BB10 is probably a pretty significant task. There's nobody left to do it, though.

Posted via CB10
    I am trying to find the ART that was a major release during BlackBerry comeback for BB10 right before they even told anybody they were being fired running. 110 now from I think .556 on PP and it's working well but would like to try another as well. This is def different as no more ANR's from voxer, etc. I bet there is a perfect as in the best we can get run time out there just trying to trace BlackBerry's roots here. I know thurask has nearly all them is very knowledgeable of ART so it seems.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 12:59 AM
    Probably they got fired because they were lazy and/or didn't wanna follow the leader..?

Could also justify if BlackBerry is hiring extensively in India to make it happen...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-05-16 02:01 PM
    Any news about the postpone ...???

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-05-16 02:09 PM
    Any news about the postpone ...???

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    If there was it would be on the front page.
    But feel free to ask again tomorrow or... you could just look at the front page.
    09-05-16 02:15 PM
    BlackBerry more or less has ceded defeat in the consumer market with BB10, so even if they could why would they invest anything in ART? Government and regulated customers aren't likely to care about the latest fade apps only on iOS and Android. In fact, the more locked down a device for those customers the better because there will be fewer attack vectors.

My guess is BlackBerry will keep BB10 around on life support like Samsung keeps Tizen around, as a fallback if Google sets unreasonable terms.
    09-05-16 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry more or less has ceded defeat in the consumer market with BB10, so even if they could why would they invest anything in ART? Government and regulated customers aren't likely to care about the latest fade apps only on iOS and Android. In fact, the more locked down a device for those customers the better because there will be fewer attack vectors.

My guess is BlackBerry will keep BB10 around on life support like Samsung keeps Tizen around, as a fallback if Google sets unreasonable terms.
    The best way to do this would be to use some of that QNX automobile money for 4.4+ run time and let us do it ourselves as we have been, then come back when their brains wake up. Now much loss there, actually in the end will be all profit!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 03:57 PM
    The best way to do this would be to use some of that QNX automobile money for 4.4+ run time and let us do it ourselves as we have been, then come back when their brains wake up. Now much loss there, actually in the end will be all profit!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Despite the dubious speculation above, BlackBerry can't update the android runtime.
    Membership in the OHA precludes them from doing that.
    I don't even dare to hope that I can get through to you, I say this for others who might be led astray by the more outrageous claims in this thread.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...s-necessary/3/

"The OHA is a group of companies committed to Android—Google's Android—and members are contractually prohibited from building non-Google approved devices. That's right, joining the OHA requires a company to sign its life away and promise to not build a device that runs a competing Android fork."

Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 09-05-16 at 04:45 PM.
    09-05-16 04:06 PM
    Despite the dubious speculation above, BlackBerry can't update the android runtime.
    Membership in the OHA precludes them from doing that.
    I don't even dare to hope that I can get through to you, I say this for others who might be led astray by the more outrageous claims in this thread.
    Again: the OHA agreement only applies to 5.0 and up. This is what the SailfishOS devs have said and given that they are a phone/OS company also with an ART fork, I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    09-05-16 04:42 PM
    Again: the OHA agreement only applies to 5.0 and up. This is what the SailfishOS devs have said and given that they are a phone/OS company also with an ART fork, I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Link please
    09-05-16 04:47 PM

Sailfish uses an ART developed by an external company, Swiss Company Myriad Group, though the Sailfish ART is a bit different.
    http://www.myriadgroup.com/en/produc.../alien-dalvik/
    Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 05:00 PM
384 12345 ...