Some of them are.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Name a few?
    Not sure there's enough to be called 'some'.
    09-03-16 03:58 AM
    Many come to several million Android downloads (dtek50) ... but there is a lot of crap because there are so many programs need to cooperate in the Rubbish! BB10 was easy, it would be the best fix, now I do not dare to do so because belebukna Androiding ****!
    09-03-16 04:25 AM
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 will arrive in September.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 07:20 AM
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 will arrive in September.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong thread.

*ME173X
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 09-03-16 at 07:56 AM.
    09-03-16 07:46 AM
    Are you starting the "10.3.3 is being released in September" rumors?!

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Nah... Someone else did it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ember-1084915/

This August thread though should be on its last legs.
    09-03-16 07:51 AM
    Nah... Someone else did it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ember-1084915/

This August thread though should be on its last legs.
    Unless it's August 2017
    Uzi, johnny_bravo72 and moyah8 like this.
    09-03-16 08:41 AM
    Unless it's August 2017
    Touch�.

*ME173X
    09-03-16 08:50 AM
    If you believe that then BlackBerry should exit their hardware business completely and focus on software exclusively because those companies alone won't make the required ROI for their hardware business.
    Let me clarify.
    Selling android hardware in and of itself is not going to be a big money maker for BlackBerry.
    Those companies don't just buy hardware.
    BlackBerry hopes those companies will buy their software offerings.
    The only value the loyal BB10 fans represent to BlackBerry is that they will keep buying up the old BB10 devices.
    The companies that I spoke of are not the only customers for the android devices, at least that is what BlackBerry hopes, I guess.
    09-03-16 11:53 AM
    Name a few?
    Not sure there's enough to be called 'some'.
    Twitter, Foursquare, ABN AMRO (big Dutch bank but also has many international customers), NY Times, Soundcloud, SoundHound, Parrot, Asphalt (popular game series), Enpass, Despicable Me (popular game), H&M (big international clothing store chain), Booking.com, Temple Run (popular game), rad.io, Modern Combat (popular game series), WhatsApp (I know it's only a few months still but as of writing it's still here!), BBM (might be less popular these days but most people know its name), Evernote, LinkedIn (for as long as it still exists given Microsoft's plans after the buyout), Badoo, TeamViewer, Deezer, Box, Metronieuws (popular European newspaper), Lastpass (albeit outdated app), Xmarks, AccuWeather, Adobe Reader, Viber. And some semi-official apps by BlackBerry like Connect to OneDrive and Dropbox. And some apps that are big names in a specific country.

There's more, but I don't feel like going through ALL of BlackBerry World right now (although half of them I knew of the top of my head) but I can dig some more tomorrow if you want me to.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    09-03-16 03:03 PM
    No, it absolutely is NOT!

Have you ever seen this? I bet you have:

Attachment 407662

Well, guess what? Virtually every last smartphone owner has seen those icons too. They're in every newspaper, every ad, and on the box of just about every Internet-connected product. Each and every time, it's a reminder that there are smartphone apps for iOS and Android, but also a reminder that there are no apps (or, rarely apps) for other ecosystems.

Someone was saying that people were buying "popular" phones in order to "fit in" (his conjecture) - but the truth is that people buy popular phones because popular phones are well supported, and so you know if you want a case, or an app, or a service, or a car mount, or a photo adapter, or whatever, your "popular" phone will be supported - you don't even have to think about it.

But you'd like to believe that most consumers are too stupid to understand that apps aren't available on BB10 or WinPhone. Well, guess what: the sales numbers prove you wrong.

Many folks here have actively demonstrated BB10 to other people - and they often like the features, the UI, and so on. But do they buy them? No, because usually the first thing they ask is: "Is [some app] available for it?" And when the answer is anything but a solid, unqualified "yes", then they immediately dismiss BB10 (or WinPhone, or Tizen, or Sailfish, or whatever) because the main reason people buy smartphones today is so they can run apps - even if they don't use any TODAY, they know for sure that if they want to - next week or next year - that they'll be able to. Who can say that for BB10?

There is absolutely no doubt - except in the minds of a few BB10 diehards - that the lack of an ecosystem is BB10's #1 problem (though certainly not the only problem). And without an ecosystem, none of the other issues even matter.
    Seriously... I challenge you to ask your own friends and family what platforms their favorite apps are NOT found on. People don't look for what is not supported. They see a app icon and know it is available in "the app store". I'll bet a very large population cant even tell you what OS they are running. You think people run back through their DVRS to confirm they saw the platform symbol to verify the newest BOOM Beach is available? Again. I challenge you to ask around.
    09-03-16 03:16 PM
    Seriously... I challenge you to ask your own friends and family what platforms their favorite apps are NOT found on. People don't look for what is not supported. They see a app icon and know it is available in "the app store". I'll bet a very large population cant even tell you what OS they are running. You think people run back through their DVRS to confirm they saw the platform symbol to verify the newest BOOM Beach is available? Again. I challenge you to ask around.
    Most of my family/relatives and (former) friends know what OS they are running. Even my grandparents know what OS their smartphones run (Windows Phone). But I agree that there are lots of others who don't know what OS they're running (only the brand of their phone) and just look at their app icons. I have encountered such people (whom I don't know personally) during the last few years.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    09-03-16 03:29 PM
    You're asserting a negative to dismiss a positive. People KNOW that they can find their apps in the App Store or Google Play, and they know if their phone supports one of those or not. That's all they need to know - it doesn't matter if they know which OS the phone runs (though most do); they know how to figure out if their apps are available on a given phone or not (obviously with a small percentage of exceptions).
    09-03-16 05:35 PM
    No Os compares to the awesome BB10 Os period!

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and moyah8 like this.
    09-03-16 10:50 PM
    My recent Uber driver not only recognized my Passport, which floored me because no one does. (I was riding shotgun.). He said his sister is a BlackBerry devotee.

In addition, he said that BlackBerry management was so stupid because they released new phones and created hype and then had no phones to sell for months and months.

I exclaimed, "That's what I keep saying!" I told him that this is what happened to the Passport and this must be the phone that he was thinking of.

Off topic but not entirely.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 02:05 AM
    My recent Uber driver not only recognized my Passport, which floored me because no one does. (I was riding shotgun.). He said his sister is a BlackBerry devotee.

In addition, he said that BlackBerry management was so stupid because they released new phones and created hype and then had no phones to sell for months and months.

I exclaimed, "That's what I keep saying!" I told him that this is what happened to the Passport and this must be the phone that he was thinking of.

Off topic but not entirely.

Posted via CB10
    When did they ever not have phones to sell?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-16 08:21 PM
    August has come and gone....time to argue on another thread
    moyah8 and paulie140 like this.
    09-04-16 08:28 PM
591 ... 222324