A Lumia 735 here in my hand! Quick work ... It's a pity Goodbye BB10
    From one dead OS to another....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 07:20 AM
    It's all over guys bye bye bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:23 AM
    At this point, it's the silence from BlackBerry that's most disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:32 AM
    At this point, it's the silence from BlackBerry that's most disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    And what should they say? They've said, Android going forward and only keep BB10 until Android transition is done. Minimal support as required for dying abandoned OS. As many diehards state over and over your phone still functions, what else do you want?

BlackBerry is actively supporting and updating it's Android builds.

09-02-16 07:43 AM
    From one dead OS to another....

It's not dead until Microsoft says it is.
    blackmass likes this.
    09-02-16 08:19 AM
    It's not dead until Microsoft says it is.
    Blackberry never said BB10 is dead. However...

Cheers,
    johnny_bravo72 and moyah8 like this.
    09-02-16 08:21 AM
    Excuses. Excuses.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 08:45 AM
    We've all been hoodwinked. As much as I was tempted to purchase a droidberry, I opted as I was fooled once with Playbook, fooled twice for bb10 and I will not let it happen again.

09-02-16 08:49 AM
    And what should they say? They've said, Android going forward and only keep BB10 until Android transition is done. Minimal support as required for dying abandoned OS. As many diehards state over and over your phone still functions, what else do you want?

BlackBerry is actively supporting and updating it's Android builds.

they didn't actually say that. You are combining quotes and injecting your own "special sauce". Leave it as just the facts, everything else is free for speculation.
    den82 likes this.
    09-02-16 08:52 AM
    they didn't actually say that. You are combining quotes and injecting your own "special sauce". Leave it as just the facts, everything else is free for speculation.
    Everything is arbitrary until you know better.
    09-02-16 10:08 AM
    It won't be August. August will come and pass without a peep.

Then Chen will promise an update in Q1 2017.
    I think you are right. they have been giving dates starting May now August also gone.. I am afraid it's the end of BlackBerry. RIP......
    09-02-16 01:48 PM
    10.3.3 was released!!!

I came back from the future and it was released sept 2018... #timetraveler

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    great scott!!!!!!!!!!
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-02-16 01:58 PM
    Everyone trusts Blackberry's security. Chen might be on to something. Now get DTEK right and start licensing it.

I personally think Chen is just producing these BlackBerry android phones as an experiment. When this software is complete they'll license it and quit producing android phones.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    But an experiment that they do invest in big time. I've never ever seen a TV ad here in my country (or any other ad, for that matter) for any of the BB10 devices but lately I see more and more DTEK50 ads, esp. on TV. Why didn't they ever do that for a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-02-16 02:25 PM
    Probably didn't see the value in it. Whether we like it or not, majority of the people wants apps, and only Android and Apple can provide that level of service.

It's smart not to waste non-effective marketing budget.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-02-16 02:31 PM
    Probably didn't see the value in it. Whether we like it or not, majority of the people wants apps, and only Android and Apple can provide that level of service.

The app argument is totally lost on me. I for one am not convinced it has much impact on average customer decision. Also the argument Blackberry didn't invest in their platform because they didn't have an app ecosystem is like throwing away a bean sprout because it hasn't grown any beans. Developers follow consumers, if they cant get people to buy it the developers wont make apps for it. you have to grow it first before you will see any success. Blackberry did everything completely wrong when it came to growing BB10. Why was there not a single successor to any devices? They created a completely random assortment of devices as if they were just throwing random ideas out there. The z10 if you look at its actual sales did BETTER than the original iphone launch. I would imagine people who held out or people who did buy would have been VERY likely to try a Z15 or Z10-2 or whatever you want to call it. Where is the next non phablet full touch device?
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-02-16 02:52 PM
    The app argument is totally lost on me. I for one am not convinced it has much impact on average customer decision. Also the argument Blackberry didn't invest in their platform because they didn't have an app ecosystem is like throwing away a bean sprout because it hasn't grown any beans. Developers follow consumers, if they cant get people to buy it the developers wont make apps for it. you have to grow it first before you will see any success. Blackberry did everything completely wrong when it came to growing BB10. Why was there not a single successor to any devices? They created a completely random assortment of devices as if they were just throwing random ideas out there. The z10 if you look at its actual sales did BETTER than the original iphone launch. I would imagine people who held out or people who did buy would have been VERY likely to try a Z15 or Z10-2 or whatever you want to call it. Where is the next non phablet full touch device?
    So who uses all those apps that have hundreds of millions of downloads if it's not average consumers?

09-02-16 03:34 PM
    So who uses all those apps that have hundreds of millions of downloads if it's not average consumers?

The average consumer has no idea about app ecosystem or deficiency. It is commonly assumed apps are universally available. That plus just ask the average user what apps they have installed. The list will be short or full of descriptions with no knowledge of the actual app name. People you find in the forums have a passion for mobile platforms/devices well beyond the average consumer.
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-02-16 04:25 PM

If they didn't see the value in it because of apps, then I don't see why they ever launched BB10 in the first place. They knew there was an app gap right from the start.

But seriously: you can say that it's better not to waste that money. On the other hand: if 75% of the world thinks your company is dead while you actually have an awesome OS (BB10) ready to challenge iOS, Android and the others, then how are you gonna get people into your ecosystem? You see, that's where marketing budget comes into play. So it wouldn't have been a waste at all, but for some BS reason they never cared about those ads while they do care about Android ads which I think is a shame.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    09-02-16 04:48 PM
    We've all been hoodwinked. As much as I was tempted to purchase a droidberry, I opted as I was fooled once with Playbook, fooled twice for bb10 and I will not let it happen again.

What exactly do you have to lose? Android in general is such a mess that if BlackBerry only offered one update ever, it would be one more than most android users get!

The only guaranteed longevity right now is a Nexus or iPhone. At least BlackBerry has been very timely with their Android software updates so far.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Vistaus and blackmass like this.
    09-02-16 06:27 PM
    The average consumer has no idea about app ecosystem or deficiency. It is commonly assumed apps are universally available. That plus just ask the average user what apps they have installed. The list will be short or full of descriptions with no knowledge of the actual app name. People you find in the forums have a passion for mobile platforms/devices well beyond the average consumer.
    I agree it's very short but it's the big name apps they all use. Those that aren't available on BB10.

09-02-16 08:05 PM
    What exactly do you have to lose? Android in general is such a mess that if BlackBerry only offered one update ever, it would be one more than most android users get!

The only guaranteed longevity right now is a Nexus or iPhone. At least BlackBerry has been very timely with their Android software updates so far.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    I would lose money out of my pocket for an out of date phone. Priv way over priced, DTEK in comparison to some older droids are already lagging in hardware. Yes they've been updating the droidberry but I was coming from a bb10. Sorry, but if the company has no loyalty to its consumers then it's rightfully so that it's consumers will dump them as well.

09-02-16 09:03 PM
    The average consumer has no idea about app ecosystem or deficiency. It is commonly assumed apps are universally available.
    No, it absolutely is NOT!

Have you ever seen this? I bet you have:

BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be August-android-app-store-logos.png

Well, guess what? Virtually every last smartphone owner has seen those icons too. They're in every newspaper, every ad, and on the box of just about every Internet-connected product. Each and every time, it's a reminder that there are smartphone apps for iOS and Android, but also a reminder that there are no apps (or, rarely apps) for other ecosystems.

Someone was saying that people were buying "popular" phones in order to "fit in" (his conjecture) - but the truth is that people buy popular phones because popular phones are well supported, and so you know if you want a case, or an app, or a service, or a car mount, or a photo adapter, or whatever, your "popular" phone will be supported - you don't even have to think about it.

But you'd like to believe that most consumers are too stupid to understand that apps aren't available on BB10 or WinPhone. Well, guess what: the sales numbers prove you wrong.

Many folks here have actively demonstrated BB10 to other people - and they often like the features, the UI, and so on. But do they buy them? No, because usually the first thing they ask is: "Is [some app] available for it?" And when the answer is anything but a solid, unqualified "yes", then they immediately dismiss BB10 (or WinPhone, or Tizen, or Sailfish, or whatever) because the main reason people buy smartphones today is so they can run apps - even if they don't use any TODAY, they know for sure that if they want to - next week or next year - that they'll be able to. Who can say that for BB10?

There is absolutely no doubt - except in the minds of a few BB10 diehards - that the lack of an ecosystem is BB10's #1 problem (though certainly not the only problem). And without an ecosystem, none of the other issues even matter.
    09-02-16 10:15 PM
    I agree it's very short but it's the big name apps they all use. Those that aren't available on BB10.

Some of them are.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-02-16 11:53 PM
    Why peoples are crazy about 10.3.3 ,which has nothing new?
    09-03-16 01:18 AM
    Why peoples are crazy about 10.3.3 ,which has nothing new?
    They're eagerly anticipating any sign of a pulse in BB10.
    09-03-16 01:39 AM
591 ... 21222324