The fans that are still using BB10 are loyal to BB10 and not BlackBerry so the repeat business thing doesn't mean much.
    The companies that use BB10 and are potentially repeat customers are well taken care of.

How many times does this need to be said?
    If you believe that then BlackBerry should exit their hardware business completely and focus on software exclusively because those companies alone won't make the required ROI for their hardware business.
    09-01-16 03:10 PM
    Support requires delivery, not just promises. So look at it this way, as long as they don't release an update BB10 has effectively been EOL'ed like the PlayBook.
    BB10 has received two OS updates and a developer preview this year, even with the 10.3.3 delays it's hardly EOL'ed or unsupported.
    09-01-16 03:16 PM
    While reading this thread, our new Quality engineer just walked into my office and spotted my passport on my desk. He had the text book response "I didn't know Blackberry still made phones" and went on to comment how huge the device is and that it looks awesome. He then asked if he could get a one as a company phone (Verizon wireless).
    stlabrat likes this.
    09-01-16 03:16 PM
    That's because there really doesn't appear to be more than a handful of people behind the scenes at Crackberry. They like the few people left at BlackBerry for BB10 are spread thinly.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-01-16 03:19 PM
    If you believe that then BlackBerry should exit their hardware business completely and focus on software exclusively because those companies alone won't make the required ROI for their hardware business.
    Ah, now you get it!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-01-16 03:23 PM
    BB10 has received two OS updates and a developer preview this year, even with the 10.3.3 delays it's hardly EOL'ed or unsupported.
    BB10 hasn't received a substantive update in a long time, each recent update hasn't even fixed all the bugs in the previous update, and there are no SDK updates or long term life left in it for developers, so yes, that's exactly EOL and unsupported for all practical purpose.
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-01-16 03:25 PM
    That's why they went Android. At a tiny fraction of the cost, they have a much better chance of staying in despite the low volumes.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-01-16 03:28 PM
    Ah, now you get it!
    That would mean exit both BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Android. Frankly, due to their repeated poor execution and lack of commitment the BlackBerry brand name is now a liability to any hardware business (brand name, not technology). Sell, license, or spin that division off.
    09-01-16 03:32 PM
    Coming soon! Lolz

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 04:26 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be August-mockit_01092016143327.jpg

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-01-16 04:33 PM
    As far as I know, only ONE update was released so far this year - 2888. And it still had the same android runtime bug from 2876 from last year.

And, we know of no carrier that actually pushed 2888 to anyone, nor do I think BlackBerry pushed it to any factory unlocked phones. It just appeared on the distribution servers. Though, I could be wrong about that.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 05:27 PM
    Can someone point me to the "BB10.3.3 will be released in September" thread? LOL

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    09-01-16 05:36 PM
    As someone already mentioned, their focus and concern lies with Android and they clearly don't give a flying **** about BB10, except for seemingly placating us BB10ers with promises of updates and ongoing support, then flipping us the bird each and every time they're late, don't deliver, or actually discontinue altogether like with Blend. They're conditioning us so that when they finally give us the bone, we'll be all too well enured to their ****e treatment that we'll simply and quietly swallow, lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 05:49 PM
    The phone also becomes a tri-corder!
    What about the phaser update..?? They've been promising that for years, and Samsung already has one.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-01-16 06:06 PM
    As someone already mentioned, their focus and concern lies with Android and they clearly don't give a flying **** about BB10, except for seemingly placating us BB10ers with promises of updates and ongoing support, then flipping us the bird each and every time they're late, don't deliver, or actually discontinue altogether like with Blend. They're conditioning us so that when they finally give us the bone, we'll be all too well enured to their ****e treatment that we'll simply and quietly swallow, lol.

Posted via CB10
    You'll be eating your words when they release BB10 for PlayBook.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    09-01-16 06:10 PM
    What about the phaser update..?? They've been promising that for years, and Samsung already has one.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Just call me ..............Bond.....James Bond...........................Passport SE saving the world......................Woof!
    09-01-16 06:27 PM
    BB10 hasn't received a substantive update in a long time, each recent update hasn't even fixed all the bugs in the previous update, and there are no SDK updates or long term life left in it for developers, so yes, that's exactly EOL and unsupported for all practical purpose.
    That's not what EOL means, it can't be applied here at all.

Notifications - Canada

That being said, there's definitely room for improvement when it comes to support and communication.

As far as I know, only ONE update was released so far this year - 2888. And it still had the same android runtime bug from 2876 from last year.

And, we know of no carrier that actually pushed 2888 to anyone, nor do I think BlackBerry pushed it to any factory unlocked phones. It just appeared on the distribution servers. Though, I could be wrong about that.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.2.2876 was officially rolled out this year (some unlocked devices received it a few weeks earlier though IIRC).

BlackBerry 10.3.2 and BlackBerry Blend 1.2 Coming to All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

10.3.2.2888 was pushed by carriers in some markets, there were users posting about it here when it happened.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-01-16 06:56 PM
    That's not what EOL means, it can't be applied here at all.
    That's what it means to a consumer. I could care less how a company tries to redefine things to wiggle out of looking bad.
    09-01-16 07:31 PM
    That's what it means to a consumer. I could care less how a company tries to redefine things to wiggle out of looking bad.
    That's a pretty standard definition for EOL in the software industry, it's not exclusive to BlackBerry by any means.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-01-16 07:50 PM
    So I'll just release updates that only increment the software version number and nothing else and then my software is never EOL'ed.
    09-01-16 07:58 PM
    So I'll just release updates that only increment the software version number and nothing else and then my software is never EOL'ed.
    That's not what companies usually do, but sure.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-02-16 12:43 AM
    Well, I guess that's as far as we can take the discussion.

I'll wrap up by saying that the same company that brought us BB10 and told us it was the most secure, is the same company that brought us BlackBerry Android and told us it was the most secure flavour of mainstream Android.

Believe them or not. I trust their security chops, and so far, no one has proven them wrong.
    You really think this is the same company?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 03:36 AM
    Everyone trusts Blackberry's security. Chen might be on to something. Now get DTEK right and start licensing it.

I personally think Chen is just producing these BlackBerry android phones as an experiment. When this software is complete they'll license it and quit producing android phones.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    09-02-16 05:19 AM
    That would mean exit both BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Android. Frankly, due to their repeated poor execution and lack of commitment the BlackBerry brand name is now a liability to any hardware business (brand name, not technology). Sell, license, or spin that division off.
    You forget to mention their history of half-hearted software releases. And their history of poor technical support. And their history of suddenly EOL'ing software after months of pretending to support it, but never updating it.

If it wasn't for their acquisitions, they would have died out on the software side just as surely as the hardware.

But hey, at least you can get your Hub on Android for 99 cents a month. LAWL.
    09-02-16 05:30 AM
    A Lumia 735 here in my hand! Quick work ... It's a pity Goodbye BB10
    09-02-16 07:10 AM
591 ... 2021222324