Hardware root of trust goes against your freedom of OS choice. When BlackBerry stops supporting a particular build of Android you won't be able to put CyanogenMod on your BlackBerry Android. I mean would you buy into Microsoft's secure boot if they got their original desire to prohibit Linux installs to boot? Such lack of freedom results in an earlier EOL than really necessary and compel you to buy an entirely new device. No thank you!
    We lost that choice long ago. I don't believe apps have anything to do with Android's growth in popularity. Simple marketing strategy used to push people in a single direction. Market prediction benefits everyone from OEMs to carriers and with more players in the game they cant reliably predict the trends. They simply heard the flock in the directing they need and none of the sheep care enough to look around to see where they are going. I challenge everyone to ask average consumers what influenced their cell phone purchases.
    09-01-16 11:19 AM
    soooo what now?
    09-01-16 11:29 AM
    soooo what now?
    Back to "wait and see" with a bunch of speculation since there is no official statement from BlackBerry about their previous release estimate not happening.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-01-16 11:36 AM
    10.3.3 was released!!!

I came back from the future and it was released Sept 2018... #TimeTraveler

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    jope28, moyah8, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    09-01-16 12:08 PM
    10.3.3 was released!!!

I came back from the future and it was released Sept 2018... #TimeTraveler

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    At least we have the humor left...this is good enough for me to stick to it ))
    09-01-16 01:06 PM
    I feel like it's not just BlackBerry that has abandoned us. Remember back on the day when something like this would be on the front page of Crackberry. Now, no comment from anyone of importance from CB.

Posted via CB10
    And what, exactly, do you expect them to say?

It's September 1st.
    August is over.
    10.3.3 has not arrived.
    Nobody knows when 10.3.3 is coming.

There's your front page article.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-01-16 01:17 PM
    And what, exactly, do you expect them to say?

It's September 1st.
    August is over.
    10.3.3 has not arrived.
    Nobody knows when 10.3.3 is coming.

There's your front page article.
    How about start with discussing accountability for repeated missed releases. Then move on to detailing their plan to rectify it.
    09-01-16 01:43 PM
    How about start with discussing accountability for repeated missed releases. Then move on to detailing their plan to rectify it.
    What you want has to come from Blackberry, not from Crackberry. CB reports news (what little there is) and reviews products. There's very little opinionated commentary on the front page anymore, besides whatever they discuss in the podcast.
    09-01-16 01:57 PM
    many thanks conite and fingernipp. "BB10s strong points remain in the UI, kernel architecture, security and original device designs" "Although under the app category are things like Android Pay, Android Wear, cloud print, Chromecast support, etc, etc, etc. It's a big ecosystem"... so really, the app is the only BIG thing deem inferior for BB10? (was the ONLY THING few years back. I see why apple is got "swift" programming language... make easy for the masses to do programming and cover all application... I did heard that sdk of BB10 was "dog" few years back... two size screen - z10/q10 for example didn't help... I thought someone would come up with something that auto scale - like swift auto-rotation was pre-programmed as one or two liners... SAD, SAD.. tears running down ;-(.
    09-01-16 01:59 PM
    Yes. Let's fire the entire BB10 development team. Oh, wait.

Better yet let's get the pitchforks out and go after the upper management for missing a second decimal update again.
    Last edited by conite; 09-01-16 at 02:14 PM.
    09-01-16 02:01 PM
    What you want has to come from Blackberry, not from Crackberry. CB reports news (what little there is) and reviews products. There's very little opinionated commentary on the front page anymore, besides whatever they discuss in the podcast.
    Of course what I want would have to come from BlackBerry. That was implied by the rectify statement.
    09-01-16 02:05 PM
    Yes. Let's fire the entire BB10 development team. Oh, wait...

Better yet let's get the pitchforks out and go after the upper management for missing a second decimal update again.
    From what I read management is more responsible for this debacle by understaffing the BB10 development team for the given task, and not living up to their commitment to BB10. It's not just a missed decimal increment, it's broken trust.
    09-01-16 02:10 PM
    We lost that choice long ago. I don't believe apps have anything to do with Android's growth in popularity. Simple marketing strategy used to push people in a single direction. Market prediction benefits everyone from OEMs to carriers and with more players in the game they cant reliably predict the trends. They simply heard the flock in the directing they need and none of the sheep care enough to look around to see where they are going. I challenge everyone to ask average consumers what influenced their cell phone purchases.
    you can not ignore the factor that samsung and LG control a lot of components for the hardware. That is a big competitive advantage. Consumer choice is largely influenced by (1) marketing - true, and (2) perception of the beauty - and mental association of the "richness", status, and price to value - worthyness to put out they hard earn cash, even a kidney.-industry design, like IDEO play a key role. Trendy is there for a good reason... once it established - brand, perception, it is hard to reverse... however, it is also very hard to reverse the bad perception, such as missing deadline, 1st gen usually buggy, etc. etc. (that is why doing it right is so important... possibly why apple drag its feet not get into VR yet...). Well, BB battery is another advantage... but not really marketed well. with note7 exploding and USB C got problem, may be BB hardware should be shining again (not sure about ALU design part).
    09-01-16 02:13 PM
    From what I read management is more responsible for this debacle by understaffing the BB10 development team for the given task, and not living up to their commitment to BB10. It's not just a missed decimal increment, it's broken trust.
    Look at it this way, the more this gets pushed out, the longer you'll have support for bb10.

Honestly if they had pushed out the first update in March, and the second update in September or October, the commitment would be fulfilled. This way it will last probably another year at this rate.
    09-01-16 02:15 PM
    Look at it this way, the more this gets pushed out, the longer you'll have support for bb10.

Honestly if they had pushed out the first update in March, and the second update in September or October, the commitment would be fulfilled. This way it will last probably another year at this rate.
    So you're implying that the delay in 10.3.3 will delay 10.3.4 back further from the 2017 planned date? Lol

09-01-16 02:24 PM
    Well technically 10.3.3 just has to precede 10.3.4.
    The could release them in consecutive weeks.
    Its very unlikely but unless the SLA says otherwise....
    09-01-16 02:24 PM
    Support requires delivery, not just promises. So look at it this way, as long as they don't release an update BB10 has effectively been EOL'ed like the PlayBook.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    09-01-16 02:26 PM
    I see so many jokes about the BB10 team only having one person left. But on a more serious note: does anyone know how many there are really left on the team?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-01-16 02:28 PM
    Well technically 10.3.3 just has to precede 10.3.4.
    The could release them in consecutive weeks.
    Its very unlikely but unless the SLA says otherwise....
    Honesty and integrity are usually included as corporate values. The lack thereof tends to loose one repeat business.
    09-01-16 02:30 PM
    I see so many jokes about the BB10 team only having one person left. But on a more serious note: does anyone know how many there are really left on the team?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    I don't know exactly how many they have left, but I DO know that the team got decimated in the last two rounds of layoffs. They have a skeleton crew at best.
    09-01-16 02:35 PM
    I don't know exactly how many they have left, but I DO know that the team got decimated in the last two rounds of layoffs. They have a skeleton crew at best.
    Whether it's one, two, ten, or just a kid working part time after highschool, I think it'd be a pretty crummy job. Going in to work every day knowing what you're working on is kind of doomed in the long run.

Actually maybe that's the reason for the delays - job security for the poor coder(s) in the BB10 department.

The longer they can delay releasing 10.3.3, and therefore the longer they can push back 10.3.4, the longer they remain employed.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-01-16 02:39 PM
    Whether it's one, two, ten, or just a kid working part time after highschool, I think it'd be a pretty crummy job. Going in to work every day knowing what you're working on is kind of doomed in the long run.

Actually maybe that's the reason for the delays - job security for the poor coder(s) in the BB10 department.

The longer they can delay releasing 10.3.3, and therefore the longer they can push back 10.3.4, the longer they remain employed.
    I would hope whoever is left on the BB10 team have been offered job security, and will be moved to other projects when done. Otherwise you're quite right that it would be difficult to get good performance from them.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-01-16 02:45 PM
    I would hope whoever is left on the BB10 team have been offered job security, and will be moved to other projects when done. Otherwise you're quite right that it would be difficult to get good performance from them.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    I'd imagine that the more talented and better performing members of the team were rewarded by being moved ages ago or 'nudged' to leave long ago as a reward.

09-01-16 02:51 PM
    Well, AFAIK, there are only 2 buildings left here is Waterloo, each seat maybe 800 people if full.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 02:54 PM
    Honesty and integrity are usually included as corporate values. The lack thereof tends to loose one repeat business.
    The fans that are still using BB10 are loyal to BB10 and not BlackBerry so the repeat business thing doesn't mean much.
    The companies that use BB10 and are potentially repeat customers are well taken care of.

How many times does this need to be said?
    conite and Vistaus like this.
    09-01-16 02:56 PM
591 ... 1920212223 ...