And that is your choice, of course.

A minor update is hardly a make or break issue to stay or leave a platform imo. The point is, everyone has to leave BB10 eventually, and BlackBerry's offering is hardened Android with BlackBerry apps (a subset of which are made available for other Android devices).
    For me this is the nail in the coffin. If Apple had done the same and tried to sell Macs running Windows after the switch to x86 they would have never survived. This strategy might work in VERY low volume as a method to introduce the Blackberry software suite to Google Play but i cant see it working at all to regain any hardware market-share. I am expecting to see a slight bump in quarterly sales but primarily due to the number of available new devices. The people who purchased the Android hardware are taking an even bigger gamble than the holdouts for BB10, Blackberry has a VERY poor track record for committing to any platforms and the Android devices require constant attention and updates to remain as secure as they claim. Also Google's feverish pace at releasing updated Android OS's is far more than i believe Blackberry can handle. It will all collapse and leave ALOT more people out in the cold with very expensive devices with no available updates.
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-01-16 08:27 AM
    We have been paying FAR more for BB devices than the hardware value. Basically we have been paying a premium for a premium OS exactly like iOS users.
    Paying more? That's when some bbphone came out, but now, in my country, im paying 400� for Passport device, while an iphone cost 100-200� more. Iphone 6 still costs 650 � here. An amount of money really big for me. But every one is free, so you can buy whatever you want. I'm only saying that for me, iphone is very expensive and im not agree to pay so much for an ios with the troubles i said before.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 08:31 AM
    Paying more? That's when some bbphone came out, but now, in my country, im paying 400€ for Passport device, while an iphone cost 100-200€ more. Iphone 6 still costs 650 € here. An amount of money really big for me. But every one is free, so you can buy whatever you want. I'm only saying that for me, iphone is very expensive and im not agree to pay so much for an ios with the troubles i said before.

Posted via CB10
    400€ or about $450 is MUUUCH more than any comparable spec android or windows phone device that launched 2 years ago. That is my point.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-16 08:38 AM
    For me this is the nail in the coffin. If Apple had done the same and tried to sell Macs running Windows after the switch to x86 they would have never survived. This strategy might work in VERY low volume as a method to introduce the Blackberry software suite to Google Play but i cant see it working at all to regain any hardware market-share. I am expecting to see a slight bump in quarterly sales but primarily due to the number of available new devices. The people who purchased the Android hardware are taking an even bigger gamble than the holdouts for BB10, Blackberry has a VERY poor track record for committing to any platforms and the Android devices require constant attention and updates to remain as secure as they claim. Also Google's feverish pace at releasing updated Android OS's is far more than i believe Blackberry can handle. It will all collapse and leave ALOT more people out in the cold with very expensive devices with no available updates.
    Even if I believe your premise, which I don't, I would much prefer to be orphaned on Android nougat than on bb10.
    09-01-16 08:46 AM
    Even if I believe your premise, which I don't, I would much prefer to be orphaned on Android nougat than on bb10.
    What makes you think you will ever get N? Also if you do who is to say it will be even close to as stable as BB10? Ill take my risks with BB10 for sure. When it cant do what I need ill go iOS.
    09-01-16 08:48 AM
    I understand the frustration but I'm here and not going anywhere. My entire staff and family dropped IPhones and went with Note 7's. The only person who is having trouble is an older employee. I think they will stick it out because they can get help from the "younger" employees.
    But as for me , I'm remaining positive. BB10 may not be in for a major upgrade but mine is working fine as it is. For ME, I don't make decisions as to whether I get upgrades on BB10. If something is working, why are so many of you so negative?

I believe many of us are gonna be surprised what BB has for us on BB10. Look at all the misinformation concerning DTEK50. Think yourself happy!
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-01-16 08:51 AM
    What makes you think you will ever get N? Also if you do who is to say it will be even close to as stable as BB10? Ill take my risks with BB10 for sure. When it cant do what I need ill go iOS.
    Blackberry committed to a keyboard Android device, and Android N. I also happen to know that the N project is well underway.
    09-01-16 08:53 AM
    400� or about $450 is MUUUCH more than any comparable spec android or windows phone device that launched 2 years ago. That is my point.
    Ok i understand you, you hace your point and i have mine, in general i think mobile are too expensive, including iphone, galaxy or whatever in top range. If u wanna an ios device go for it, u Will enjoy it sure.
    I bought BBOS because any mobile OS was fine for me, and i wanted to know How was this. Im glad yes but I also feel that i cannot find the OS that i look for.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 08:58 AM
    This thread says August. Maybe in 2017. It's September 1st today. No update.

Chen lied. No update for us.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-16 08:59 AM
    Blackberry committed to a keyboard Android device, and Android N. I also happen to know that the N project is well underway.
    They also committed to BB10, 10.3.3, and 10.3.4. I believe the project is underway as well but this does not promise anything.
    Besides if N secures android as Google says doesn't it effectively make the Blackberry Android devices unnecessary? If it includes their own version of the HUB and tightened security then the Blackberry devices offer nothing but root of trust hardware which is bad for consumers.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    09-01-16 09:00 AM
    They also committed to BB10, 10.3.3, and 10.3.4. I believe the project is underway as well but this does not promise anything.
    Besides if N secures android as Google says doesn't it effectively make the Blackberry Android devices unnecessary? If it includes their own version of the HUB and tightened security then the Blackberry devices offer nothing but root of trust hardware which is bad for consumers.
    You keep morphing this conversation.

I actually do believe that 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 are in fact coming.

Blackberry and Google are working on the BlackBerry hardening for nougat together. There are quite a few resources being spent on this program. I believe it will be much more than a coat of paint, otherwise what are they all doing?
    09-01-16 09:04 AM
    I feel like it's not just BlackBerry that has abandoned us. Remember back on the day when something like this would be on the front page of Crackberry. Now, no comment from anyone of importance from CB.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 09:07 AM
    You keep morphing this conversation.

I actually do believe that 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 are in fact coming.

Blackberry and Google are working on the BlackBerry hardening for nougat together. There are quite a few resources being spent on this program. I believe it will be much more than a coat of paint, otherwise what are they all doing?
    Not trying to morph the convo, just trying to keep perspective.
    So this hardened Android N is supposed to be a Blackberry exclusive or available for all Android OHA compliant vendors? What is to keep Google from doing it better for the Nexus devices? It just doesn't seem logical for Blackberry to developing their own branded hardware at all if its running anything but their own OS.
    09-01-16 09:35 AM
    They also committed to BBOS 10 on the Playbook.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    09-01-16 09:59 AM
    Not trying to morph the convo, just trying to keep perspective.
    So this hardened Android N is supposed to be a Blackberry exclusive or available for all Android OHA compliant vendors? What is to keep Google from doing it better for the Nexus devices?
    Yes, a BlackBerry exclusive. Much like hardened M is now.

What kept Google from "doing it better on M"? Same answer.
    09-01-16 10:09 AM
    Yes, a BlackBerry exclusive. Much like hardened M is now.

What kept Google from "doing it better on M"? Same answer.
    What kept google from doing it better was that N was on its heels before Priv was even released. By the time you see a N Blackberry release, O will be it beta. N being more secure than Blackberry hardened M and so forth. Its a losing battle for Blackberry, a tiger trying to swim with sharks.
    09-01-16 10:15 AM
    What kept google from doing it better was that N was on its heels before Priv was even released. By the time you see a N Blackberry release, O will be it beta. N being more secure than Blackberry hardened M and so forth. Its a losing battle for Blackberry, a tiger trying to swim with sharks.
    BlackBerry was adamant that hardened L was superior to vanilla M. From Tom's Hardware:

"TH: Let�s talk about Marshmallow [Android 6] -- I know it is coming to the Priv, so we know it�s going to happen. However, some people have been saying that Marshmallow has a couple of security features that Lollipop [Android 5.1.1 that the Priv runs] doesn�t have, which means in a few areas, a Marshmallow device could be more secure than the Priv. Do you agree or disagree?

DK: I think there�s two different questions there. One is, �Do there exist improvements in M that are improving Android security?� I would say yes to that question. The second question is, �Overall, if you look at the entire platform, and as an enterprise or a consumer buying a phone, would you consider a Priv running Lollipop less secure than �insert random OEM device running Marshmallow,�� and I would say absolutely not. I would disagree with that. There is an immense amount of engineering that goes into securing the overall Android platform, and, you know, Marshmallow�s improvements to Permission Controls for apps is a really great thing. I don�t want to make it sound like that�s not important, but it�s this little thing in this immense ocean of security that goes into securing a device. There�s a lot of special sauce right now [in the Priv] that is important, so yeah, I�d say we�re really proud of the Android L-level overall platform that we have, and are just going to make things better."
    09-01-16 10:25 AM
    BlackBerry was adamant that hardened L was superior to vanilla M. From Tom's Hardware:
    Blackberry will always consider the hardware root of trust to be superior to any software security alone. Their answer was very vague and I wouldn't really use that to conclude anything other than an opinion. Not to say I can offer anything but an opinion either though.

Every time they say "special sauce" it makes me want to punch them through my screen.
    melander likes this.
    09-01-16 10:34 AM
    Their answer was very vague and I wouldn't really use that to conclude anything other than an opinion. Not to say I can offer anything but an opinion either though.
    Well, I guess that's as far as we can take the discussion.

I'll wrap up by saying that the same company that brought us BB10 and told us it was the most secure, is the same company that brought us BlackBerry Android and told us it was the most secure flavour of mainstream Android.

Believe them or not. I trust their security chops, and so far, no one has proven them wrong.
    Gebo and Gallofa like this.
    09-01-16 10:40 AM
    Well, I guess that's as far as we can take the discussion.

I'll wrap up by saying that the same company that brought us BB10 and told us it was the most secure, is the same company that brought us BlackBerry Android and told us it was the most secure flavour of mainstream Android.

Believe them or not. I trust their security chops, and so far, no one has proven them wrong.
    Ill accept their claims as they don't really say much. Most secure version of Android means crap to me, and that statement is only valid in that instant since android development cycle is so damn fast. They even admit that BB10 is more secure and it will be a tough journey to reach parity if ever.
    09-01-16 10:45 AM
    is droid as good as bb10 now? use to be 6 bb10 better than droid: hub, wake up/ flip for save mode, security, search, short cut key and the other I forgot... For me, BB10 differentiate to the others are some sort of artificial intelligence of predictive user behaviour... it grow on you and hardware antenna. if all implemented to droid, does BB got paid? BB10 come a long way... from memory hungry QNX to now... what still missing compare to droid? (beside the app...). please let me know. thanks.
    09-01-16 10:49 AM
    what still missing compare to droid? (beside the app...). please let me know. thanks.
    Customization (to more closely match layout and function to your specific use-case), and apps. That's it in a nutshell.

Although under the app category are things like Android Pay, Android Wear, cloud print, Chromecast support, etc, etc, etc. It's a big ecosystem.
    09-01-16 10:53 AM
    is droid as good as bb10 now? use to be 6 bb10 better than droid: hub, wake up/ flip for save mode, security, search, short cut key and the other I forgot... For me, BB10 differentiate to the others are some sort of artificial intelligence of predictive user behaviour... it grow on you and hardware antenna. if all implemented to droid, does BB got paid? BB10 come a long way... from memory hungry QNX to now... what still missing compare to droid? (beside the app...). please let me know. thanks.
    The feature list of BB10 has fallen well behind every other major OS out now. We cant even try to compare to anything less than 2 years old now since realistically BB10 has not been actively developed since 10.3. BB10s strong points remain in the UI, kernel architecture, security and original device designs.
    09-01-16 10:54 AM
    Hardware root of trust goes against your freedom of OS choice. When BlackBerry stops supporting a particular build of Android you won't be able to put CyanogenMod on your BlackBerry Android. I mean would you buy into Microsoft's secure boot if they got their original desire to prohibit Linux installs to boot? Such lack of freedom results in an earlier EOL than really necessary and compel you to buy an entirely new device. No thank you!
    09-01-16 10:56 AM
    BlackBerry, true to form.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 10:57 AM
591 ... 1819202122 ...