I just lost another friend to Apple today. He couldn't take it any more and he ditched his Passport for a 6S. I guess I'll jump ship soon too. I'm considering a One+ device since I hate Apple

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-31-16 11:10 PM
    So what is Blackberrys mistake ANYTHING????? EVER?? I see a lot of folks asking a lot of questions.

Hell. Developers take your time. Customers don't care.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:20 PM
    Can you provide a link please?
    I believe this was the link that was referenced (search for Mark Sohm in the comment section)
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...ders-are-here/

It looks to be that the fix for Android runtime he was talking about is just baking into the gold release the fix that is a available on BBW. I may be wrong, but it didn't sound like an upgraded Android runtime version.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-31-16 11:23 PM
    I believe this was the link that was referenced (search for Mark Sohm in the comment section)
    Beta BlackBerry 10.3.3 Autoloaders Are Here! | BlackBerry Developer Blog

It looks to be that the fix for Android runtime he was talking about is just baking into the gold release the fix that is a available on BBW. I may be wrong, but it didn't sound like an upgraded Android runtime version.
    "We are aware of that issue and it has been corrected in version 10.3.3. We have also released an Android player update for 10.3.2 that resolves this issue."

You are correct its not an upgraded runtime.
    Its a bug fix, a tiny but essential bug fix.
    08-31-16 11:52 PM
    Just for the record, a member of the BB dev team said that both the browser and android runtime are getting fixes in 10.3.3. The BlackBerry COO has also recently made mention of the browser getting some attention. It may not be allot, but such fixes do mean something to myself and others who are still using the platform. At the very least, it shows by ACTION that they are supporting BB10 like they said they are. But damn is it taking forever.
    We know what's there. The DEV build contains all of those fixes and also includes a new anti-phishing feature in the browser. There's not really anything more to it, unless they wanna surprise us with something else in the final release but that's just a pipe dream.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-31-16 11:58 PM
    There are two additional NFC security options too that I noticed in 10.3.3.
    09-01-16 12:05 AM
    Womp womp!
    Time to start a new thread for... September?

*C5303
    DrBoomBotz and hellomoto921 like this.
    09-01-16 01:17 AM
    Womp womp!
    Time to start a new thread for... September?

*C5303
    Are you starting the "10.3.3 is being released in September" rumors?!

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-01-16 01:36 AM
    Maybe it's next next month . It's September now

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 01:56 AM
    Agree with you there. Blackberry are showing us any love . My browser used to be the best now it clogs along. Makes my phone heat up. And does render pages properly.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 01:59 AM
    Cut some slack.

Maybe the guy who could push the button got into an accident...

...and could be out of action for N days...

Have sympathy...

XD

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-01-16 02:39 AM
    What I believe is that the team responsible with this task received an unscheduled order from the big boss. Maybe they have been asked something big to add that takes time to implement, like better blending of android apps in HUB, to assure a long living to os 10.
    This will eliminate the biggest frustrations regarding app discontinuity. They will work as the original OS 10 apps.

At least this is what I will do if I had the decision power, I hope this or similar reason will be real.

Long live BB symbol in our corners!
    Man Minh Le and Vistaus like this.
    09-01-16 03:15 AM
    What I believe is that the team responsible with this task received an unscheduled order from the big boss. Maybe they have been asked something big to add that takes time to implement, like better blending of android apps in HUB, to assure a long living to os 10.
    This will eliminate the biggest frustrations regarding app discontinuity. They will work as the original OS 10 apps.

At least this is what I will do if I had the decision power, I hope this or similar reason will be real.

Long live BB symbol in our corners!
    Please... let's not kiss up. If that team responsible was given another task, I highly think it will be more of a re assignment to the Android project!

It's very clear now that BlackBerry are all hands on deck for the "sucesss" of their Android devices. Their promise to continue support bb10 is just very vague and BS to some degree.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-16 04:41 AM
    YAY! WE HAVE BEEN PLAYBOOK-ED AND CHEN-ED!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    moyah8 and Chobbyta like this.
    09-01-16 06:21 AM
    I will be buying an iPhone6S for my girlfriend after the iPhone7 launch. This will be replacing her 3rd Z10 as its starting to act funky and is actually my old Verizon hand me down running on AT&T. We would both prefer another BB10 device but she doesn't like physical keyboards and there really isn't much else worth buying from Blackberry. This will also act as a test bed for my eventual transition to iOS. As much as I hate the idea, for me it is MUUUUCH better than Android and gives MS some time to figure out what to do with windows phone.
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-01-16 06:45 AM
    I will be buying an iPhone6S for my girlfriend after the iPhone7 launch. This will be replacing her 3rd Z10 as its starting to act funky and is actually my old Verizon hand me down running on AT&T. We would both prefer another BB10 device but she doesn't like physical keyboards and there really isn't much else worth buying from Blackberry. This will also act as a test bed for my eventual transition to iOS. As much as I hate the idea, for me it is MUUUUCH better than Android and gives MS some time to figure out what to do with windows phone.
    I think I will be going the iPhone route as well once my contract is up; my Blackberry experience hasn't been one that would make me want to purchase another one of their devices. Jmho...
    09-01-16 07:00 AM
    I think I will be going the iPhone route as well once my contract is up; my Blackberry experience hasn't been one that would make me want to purchase another one of their devices. Jmho...
    Good luck with the s�per battery, the poor bluetooth, the great 326 ppi, and the camera that is worse than other top range phones! And good luck paying more than the phone really cost

Posted via CB10
    Gebo and Gallofa like this.
    09-01-16 07:10 AM
    At least he'll see updates!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Rustiman like this.
    09-01-16 07:17 AM
    Good luck with the s�per battery, the poor bluetooth, the great 326 ppi, and the camera that is worse than other top range phones! And good luck paying more than the phone really cost

Posted via CB10
    Honestly..... you are talking to Blackberry people.
    But anyway no top tier android phone has the refinement of iOS. A great camera is useless without great software.
    09-01-16 07:25 AM
    At least he'll see updates!

Posted via CB10
    This is the original fact... IPhone speaks a lot even if it has soo many bugs or even if you find it useless..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    09-01-16 07:44 AM
    And openly speaking this will make a lot of people to leave BlackBerry sooner or later but for sure. I assure that. Coz itz not been a year ever since I bought BlackBerry z30 but now I feel like to leave BlackBerry and have a plan to get LG G4... I'm not sure how long will I be using BlackBerry...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-01-16 07:51 AM
    Honestly..... you are talking to Blackberry people.
    But anyway no top tier android phone has the refinement of iOS. A great camera is useless without great software.
    Im talking about ios users, i am not a ios' hater but it has a lot of negative points, and with all of that troubles u cant excuse ios, im agree with you. It's very fast, and refined but its a joke pay so much for a phone only for the OS, iphone isnt perfect, android is not as good as ios but it has evolved very well, each day android is closer.
    About BBOS, is dead i know, like windows phone. But I wasnt talking about it. BBOS is perfect for me, but it also has got a some problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 07:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is true that selling phones below cost and writing off billions is an exclusive Blackberry business practice.
    09-01-16 08:00 AM
    And openly speaking this will make a lot of people to leave BlackBerry sooner or later but for sure. I assure that. Coz itz not been a year ever since I bought BlackBerry z30 but now I feel like to leave BlackBerry and have a plan to get LG G4... I'm not sure how long will I be using BlackBerry...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    And that is your choice, of course.

A minor update is hardly a make or break issue to stay or leave a platform imo. The point is, everyone has to leave BB10 eventually, and BlackBerry's offering is hardened Android with BlackBerry apps (a subset of which are made available for other Android devices).
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-16 08:03 AM
    Im talking about ios users, i am not a ios' hater but it has a lot of negative points, and with all of that troubles u cant excuse ios, im agree with you. It's very fast, and refined but its a joke pay so much for a phone only for the OS, iphone isnt perfect, android is not as good as ios but it has evolved very well, each day android is closer.
    About BBOS, is dead i know, like windows phone. But I wasnt talking about it. BBOS is perfect for me, but it also has got a some problems.

Posted via CB10
    We have been paying FAR more for BB devices than the hardware value. Basically we have been paying a premium for a premium OS exactly like iOS users.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-16 08:17 AM
591 ... 1718192021 ...