It's an iterative process, so it's impossible to calculate exactly. Although I do agree it is longer than they thought. Apple never announced that they were trying to achieve this certification, so no one was sitting around waiting for it.
    Or Samsung, or Microsoft. Yet, they were able to release stuff to the public throughout the process.

BlackBerry should never have made any release specifically dependent on certification. 10.3.3 may have only a couple minor improvements to the OS that us normal consumers would notice (i.e., the anti-phishing thing), but nothing is actually stopping them from releasing a complete working build right now.

So they don't have NIAP certification right now. Big whoop. They could release something now so that it looks like they're still alive. Then release the NIAP certified version to those that care whenever that happens.

Posted via CB10

I see Aju basically suggested the same thing while I was typing this.
    08-24-16 11:02 AM
    They should calculated that before saying a date or postponed every month. That's their image that pass to clients and is very unprofessional. I don't see Apple or Google doing this kind of things without explaining to clients the delay.

Ok it's 10.3.3 without any improvements and bla bla bla, but i care.
    U must be obama??or Putin? Or Merkelll?????
    Hehehe...thats how some people here see the people who cares about 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 11:11 AM
    What's 10.3.3 without NIAP but 10.3.2?
    Can u bet on it?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 11:12 AM
    Copy cat :P

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 11:13 AM
    If thats the case, they should just release 10.3.3 without NIAP on the said timeline and when they get NIAP, send it once more.
    And its really funny to see you trying to cover their *** very badly in all threads about this question. And remember the first announced date was march. Just wanted to remind u since when u r struggling to cover
    Good luck Further !

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 is all about NIAP. Most carriers probably won't even try to push this update let alone a second one that comes out shortly after.

I have no skin in this game at all, and I don't particularly care about the release. Nor am I trying to cover for Blackberry. The implication by some is that they are simply sitting on it for fun to try to annoy you and are lying about its release date.

They may very well be inept, lack resources, or have miscalculated the time that certification takes. But they aren't lying. That's absurd.
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 12:15 PM.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    08-24-16 11:55 AM
    10.3.3 is all about NIAP. Most carriers probably won't even try to push this update let alone a second one that comes out shortly after.

I have no skin in this game at all, and I don't particularly care about the release. Nor am I trying to cover for Blackberry. The implication by some is that they are simply sitting on it for fun to try to annoy you and are lying about its release date.

They may very well be inept, lack resources, or have miscalculated the time that certification takes. But they aren't lying. That's absurd.
    I'm not telling they are lying, but customers deserve some communication, that's what's all about.
    08-24-16 12:51 PM
    I'm not telling they are lying, but customers deserve some communication, that's what's all about.
    The government customers who want/need NIAP probably are communicated with.
    08-24-16 12:53 PM
    The customers who want/need NIAP probably are communicated with.
    So the update is just for them? So the clients who want NIAP are the best and the others who also spent money on phones are junk? Thanks!
    08-24-16 12:55 PM
    So the update is just for them? So the clients who want NIAP are the best and the others who also spent money on phones are junk? Thanks!
    The update is targeted to them, yes.

What do YOU plan on doing with this certification?
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 01:13 PM.
    08-24-16 12:59 PM
    Unless you are planning to buy a BlackBerry Android phone what use are you to BlackBerry now?
    08-24-16 01:06 PM
    Unless you are planning to buy a BlackBerry Android phone what use are you to BlackBerry now?
    Gaming...
    08-24-16 01:21 PM
    The update is targeted to them, yes.

What do YOU plan on doing with this certification?
    A secure phone doesn't mean it has to have NIAP. So all behind was just lies because now with NIAP it is secure.

I don't care about NIAP, i care about commitment, trust and communication with clients.
    08-24-16 01:24 PM
    I don't care about NIAP, i care about commitment, trust and communication with clients.
    If you don't care about NIAP, then you don't care about this update. If you don't care about this update, why do you care about communication?
    08-24-16 01:34 PM
    Gaming...
    I can't see any sense in that statement and I suspect its because there is none to be seen.
    08-24-16 01:36 PM
    If you don't care about NIAP, then you don't care about this update.
    I'm not in US, and Blackberry didn't said that officially. Security and fixes are not only about NIAP.
    08-24-16 01:46 PM
    I'm not in US, and Blackberry didn't said that officially. Security and fixes are not only about NIAP.
    What does being in the US have to do with anything?
    08-24-16 01:51 PM
    A secure phone doesn't mean it has to have NIAP. So all behind was just lies because now with NIAP it is secure.

I'm not telling they are lying,

?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-24-16 01:52 PM
    ?
    Now you do copy/paste from different answers in different contexts when you don't have any arguments? I'm not telling they are lying about what are doing till now postponing the release, that's what i said.

Enough.
    08-24-16 02:02 PM
    Now you do copy/paste from different answers in different contexts when you don't have any arguments? I'm not telling they are lying about what are doing till now postponing the release, that's what i said.

Enough.
    Now I'm really confused....Are you upset about the rollout being only being obscure security fix or not getting the rollout because you don't like 10.3.2?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-16 02:17 PM

Enough.
    Lets all take responsibility for the things we say and discuss this issue in good faith.
    Sound fair?
    08-24-16 02:25 PM

Enough.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that there is a language barrier here that makes it very hard to understand your points.

I will start again.

10.3.3 is essentially about NIAP certification for government clients. This has been crystal clear from the start. There may be the smallest of tweaks in other areas too, but nothing to get excited (or angry) about.

BlackBerry erred in its estimation of when the certification process would be complete. It has clearly taken much longer than originally anticipated.

I am not "covering" for BlackBerry. I was simply responding to statements made that BlackBerry was "lying" with respect to the update. Incompetent, perhaps - resource-weak, perhaps - but not lying.

You seem angry that BlackBerry has not communicated the reasons to you behind the delay. If you feel better to be angry, then fill your boots.
    08-24-16 02:38 PM
    10.3.3 If you appear in the system, how much time will be announced soon as possible? I think in August we will no longer have promised. It should not have come from a beta version of the Internet, many of us completely his operation. I've just stopped and 10.3.3 of the official's help on the logo at! Therefore, interested parties!
    08-24-16 02:48 PM
    10.3.3 If you appear in the system, how much time will be announced soon as possible? I think in August we will no longer have promised. It should not have come from a beta version of the Internet, many of us completely his operation. I've just stopped and 10.3.3 of the official's help on the logo at! Therefore, interested parties!
    Oh my. Perhaps you should try Google translate. I can't make heads or tails of this.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-24-16 02:57 PM
    Hmmmm...

Not sure how to respond to that.

Is there a party somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 02:57 PM
    If you don't care about NIAP, then you don't care about this update. If you don't care about this update, why do you care about communication?
    But can u bet on it?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 04:09 PM
591 ... 910111213 ...