It's simple basic marketing. Chen wants everybody to get one of the BB Android devices and get rid of BB10. Working on two different OS is simply not efficient for any manufacturer and BB10 already lost the race.
    Holiday season is just around the corner and Chen hopes that most BB10 users will use that opportunity to buy a new BlackBerry Android phone.
    If they release an update for BB10 before Xmas and everything on your phone suddenly functions as it should again, people will stick to their current device and not buy a new one. Keeping BlackBerry stuck with two OS.
    So IF there will ever be an update for BB10, it will not be released before January...

I've always had BBs over the last 10 years and it really kinda hurts to say this, but I'm going to switch to another device. I don't like android and I can't afford to have an obsolete phone that doesn't support the most basic apps. So indeed I will use the holiday season to buy a new one...
    You may not be far off. When BlackBerry decided to go all in on Android they hired in a lot of Android people including at the C levels. Most of these people would have subscribed to the idea that rapid patching of known vulnerabilities is not only necessary but sufficient to keep a system secure. This led to claims that when the current version of Android was released to BlackBerry Android devices they would be as secure as BB10 devices. While rapid patching alone may be sufficient for consumers -- I don't believe this -- it is not going to satisfy those customers most demanding of security.

So it may be that Chen was convinced that BB10 would become a non-issue once every one got on board with Android and decided to game the resource allocation. But they haven't claimed that BlackBerry Android devices will be the security equal of BB10 in a while. At least I haven't seen any such claims recently. I did see a tweet just before the DTEK60 came out that even BlackBerry believed BB10 was more secure than Android.

On top of all this Kaspersky Labs confirmed that they were working on secure OS. Reports suggest this will be a microkernel architecture with only the modules needed for a particular installation being loaded. Anyone familiar with QNX will recognize this approach. So while BlackBerry has been busy pandering to consumer demand and backing away from their core principles of security and reliability in their most publicly identifiable product, Eugene Kaspersky has been planning on eating their lunch. That has to be causing some sleepless nights in Waterloo.

https://eugene.kaspersky.com/2012/10...e-speculation/

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-20-16 09:19 AM
    You may not be far off. When BlackBerry decided to go all in on Android they hired in a lot of Android people including at the C levels. Most of these people would have subscribed to the idea that rapid patching of known vulnerabilities is not only necessary but sufficient to keep a system secure. This led to claims that when the current version of Android was released to BlackBerry Android devices they would be as secure as BB10 devices. While rapid patching alone may be sufficient for consumers -- I don't believe this -- it is not going to satisfy those customers most demanding of security.

So it may be that Chen was convinced that BB10 would become a non-issue once every one got on board with Android and decided to game the resource allocation. But they haven't claimed that BlackBerry Android devices will be the security equal of BB10 in a while. At least I haven't seen any such claims recently. I did see a tweet just before the DTEK60 came out that even BlackBerry believed BB10 was more secure than Android.

On top of all this Kaspersky Labs confirmed that they were working on secure OS. Reports suggest this will be a microkernel architecture with only the modules needed for a particular installation being loaded. Anyone familiar with QNX will recognize this approach. So while BlackBerry has been busy pandering to consumer demand and backing away from their core principles of security and reliability in their most publicly identifiable product, Eugene Kaspersky has been planning on eating their lunch. That has to be causing some sleepless nights in Waterloo.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Karperky is going to try, no succes guaranteed, Just like Kodak tried in the smartphone World and failed, but Karpesky have chances to eat BlackBerry in its Own market too, Lets hope Chen doesn't go Thorsten and sits to see how karpesky kill them

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 11:17 AM
    Chen has already pulled a Heins.
    11-20-16 11:37 AM
    It's simple basic marketing. Chen wants everybody to get one of the BB Android devices and get rid of BB10. Working on two different OS is simply not efficient for any manufacturer and BB10 already lost the race.
    Holiday season is just around the corner and Chen hopes that most BB10 users will use that opportunity to buy a new BlackBerry Android phone.
    If they release an update for BB10 before Xmas and everything on your phone suddenly functions as it should again, people will stick to their current device and not buy a new one. Keeping BlackBerry stuck with two OS.
    So IF there will ever be an update for BB10, it will not be released before January...

I've always had BBs over the last 10 years and it really kinda hurts to say this, but I'm going to switch to another device. I don't like android and I can't afford to have an obsolete phone that doesn't support the most basic apps. So indeed I will use the holiday season to buy a new one...
    Eh, if working on two different OS's is not efficient for any manufacturer then explain to me how Google is having success with both Android and ChromeOS? It must be efficient for them...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    11-20-16 04:19 PM
    Eh, if working on two different OS's is not efficient for any manufacturer then explain to me how Google is having success with both Android and ChromeOS? It must be efficient for them...

Google have tons of money. Blackberry don't.
    11-20-16 06:48 PM

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876

If Kaspersky can make a model with a PKB then I'm in lol
    11-20-16 06:50 PM
    They are making a secure OS, not a mobile phone. But they're also not known as a mobile phone company.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-20-16 07:16 PM
    It's targetted for enterprises Who needs an ultra hyper secure desktop OS, not for betrayed and angry people Who wants retro phones

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    11-20-16 08:55 PM
    Doesn't count. Thor1972 said that it isn't efficient for ANY manufacturer but apparently it is for Google so I want HIM to tell me his thoughts on that one.

11-21-16 12:07 AM
    /thread

Posted via CB10
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    11-21-16 02:10 AM
    It's targetted for enterprises Who needs an ultra hyper secure desktop OS, not for betrayed and angry people Who wants retro phones

Posted via CB10
    I beg your pardon? How rude is that ...

And wtf is in your picture?
    11-21-16 04:36 AM
    They are making a secure OS, not a mobile phone. But they're also not known as a mobile phone company.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    lol! Just what the world needs ... yet another Yet Another Operating System (YAOS) *yawn*
    11-21-16 04:37 AM
    I beg your pardon? How rude is that ...

And wtf is in your picture?
    Current crackberry fanbase are that, everyone here are betrayed (killed favorite OS) and killed their favorite phone form factor (pkb)

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 07:08 AM
    hahahahaha
    11-21-16 07:10 AM
    I have iphone 7 and passport se, im still impressed by the passport. Best built cell phone I've ever owned...I just wish it had support....i rather go windows phone than android...I've owned the best android, they all suck

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 07:39 AM
    How are map updates being pushed? Hate too see navigation issues arise on my Passport with an outdated map....

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 08:20 AM
    How are map updates being pushed? Hate too see navigation issues arise on my Passport with an outdated map....

Posted via CB10
    I believe they draw from tom-tom's online database.
    11-21-16 10:04 AM
    Doesn't count. Thor1972 said that it isn't efficient for ANY manufacturer but apparently it is for Google so I want HIM to tell me his thoughts on that one.

Okay, you made your point. I bet that will make'm release 10.3.3 tomorrow....
    11-21-16 02:24 PM
    Plus two different markets.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    11-21-16 03:13 PM
    I believe they draw from tom-tom's online database.
    That's good to know! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 04:30 PM
    Going to be released on black Friday. Somebody at waterloo still has a sense of humor.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 06:49 AM
    I have a different theory. The submitted builds have failed certification (rejected), and the remaining unqualified, inadequate, BB10 "team" have been unable to address outstanding issues and supply a build that can pass certification (so far). Also, sorry, but I would not expect a 10.4, regardless of what has been said.
    I think your theory and Conite's are not so much different, but anyway some builds of OS 10.3 seem to be qualified already.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=26628

http://crackberry.com/where-blackberry-os-1033

Maybe they are adding a few minor features not related to NIAP and this is delaying the release?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 08:04 AM
    I think your theory and Conite's are not so much different, but anyway some builds of OS 10.3 seem to be qualified already.

Maybe they are adding a few minor features not related to NIAP and this is delaying the release?

Posted via CB10
    Too good to be true

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the delay is coming from the CSE certification as they are still evaluating BlackBerry's products, including 10.3.3: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

11-22-16 04:41 PM
    Only BlackBerry is taking a lot more time than usual I guess.. Because some which I saw early last month seems to be missing which means they have been evaluated.. but BlackBerry is still waiting for it... I wonder what's making CSE this long...

Posted by My Lovely Z30
    11-22-16 10:17 PM
712 ... 2425262728 ...