Well that was quick, just got a reply from BlackBerry help:

@rubensilvarocha Thanks for contacting @BlackBerryHelp. BlackBerry is committed to BB10 platform. We have BlackBerry 10.3.3 coming soon (Currently at the final stages of NIAP certification) and 10.3.4 will follow. However, currently we do not have an ETA on 10.3.3 release date. Any news and update regarding 10.3.3 release will be posted on Inside BlackBerry Blog (blogs.blackberry.com) as they are available. ^SI

The same words again and again. Looks like they already have a script for these kind of questions.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:24 PM
    ^^^ This made me laugh. Hard!

Have you ever seen an NFL game... with 17 seconds to go in the 4th quarter... and the offence is deep in their own territory and a ton of points behind?

The game is still on, and they're pros being paid to do a job... so they set-up in their stance and snap the ball... but it's all a bit half-hearted, and everybody realises that they are just going through the motions until the clock runs down.

The couple of guys in BB who aren't on Android and whose job it is to fix bugs in BB10 are those NFL pros.

I agree with you that they are probably in way over their heads, and that they have much more to do than can possibly be done with limited resources/skills... but they're pros too ... and they'll keep doing their jobs until the clock runs out and Chen blows the whistle.

And that's why the build number is increasing.
    Haha! Well, then someone should break the news to Chen and they should pay some of the people they fired a lot of money per hour as consultants. It should not be that complicated to do this. Maybe the people that are left have no incentive to admit defeat and get themselves fired.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:33 PM
    Well that was quick, just got a reply from BlackBerry help:

@rubensilvarocha Thanks for contacting @BlackBerryHelp. BlackBerry is committed to BB10 platform. We have BlackBerry 10.3.3 coming soon (Currently at the final stages of NIAP certification) and 10.3.4 will follow. However, currently we do not have an ETA on 10.3.3 release date. Any news and update regarding 10.3.3 release will be posted on Inside BlackBerry Blog (blogs.blackberry.com) as they are available. ^SI

The same words again and again. Looks like they already have a script for these kind of questions.

Posted via CB10
    The longer they drag this out, the longer we will have an OS that is "supported.". Unless they back down on their promise which I don't think they can do. BB10 on Playbook was one thing. There were technical impediments. Not doing these updates would be "we are too cheap or too lazy. That would do too much damage to the brand to make sense.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:42 PM
    True, I'm speculating. It's a discussion forum, it's what people do.

If my speculation for the reasons behind the months of 10.3.3 delay involved the evil influence of lizard people Google and a global conspiracy to do BB down, that would be unbelievable - though, sadly, I've read posts exactly like that here on CB in the past - but I didn't post that.

Instead, I've based my speculation on my knowledge of the evaluation process, what has occurred, and what BB have said. What I've posted being speculation doesn't necessarily invalidate it and what I've posted might in fact be completely true. I would argue that it's certainly believable.

Or do you have an alternative explanation?

Speculate away... like I said, it's a discussion forum.
    In all honesty I don't waste any time thinking about 'when or what if' any more. After 10.3.3 is released I will probably wait until the dust settles and I see what (if any) hardships it brings to the table. I regret 'upgrading from 10.2.xxxx mainly due to the reduced volume level of the notifications that I have experienced (I work in a noisy environment and can not hear my Q10 any more), it makes being productive a definite challenge.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-16 07:33 PM
    With regards to the Playbook, I can understand and accept their reasoning. 1GB is a pretty low amount of RAM these days, and I know what it's like to use a current OS on a device with a low amount of RAM; I used to use an iPhone 3GS from 2011 to 2014, and I was amazed that it got updated to iOS 6. It ran like a dog tbh, and I'm sure RIM had a similar experience trying to run BB10 on the Playbook.
    11-05-16 07:43 PM
    I said in the thread of a possible 10.3.3 changelog than 10.3.3 is taking that long because it is more than a security update, not 10.4 but definitely something bigger than Just security

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 07:47 PM
    I'm sure that there are people on this website who declared that you are insane if you believe the update would include anything other than security updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:33 PM
    I'm sure that there are people on this website who declared that you are insane if you believe the update would include anything other than security updates.

Posted via CB10
    Those people are insane themselves as they haven't installed the 10.3.3 Dev build. All of the changes are in there and I've posted the changelog multiple times now. There's a new anti-phishing feature in the browser and a few new NFC settings but mostly just a lot of bug and security fixes.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    11-06-16 12:58 AM
    I'm wondering what bugs are there in current version 10.3.2

I can't find at least one bug. It is more than stable

Can anybody list down the bugs that we have in current version?

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    11-06-16 01:09 AM
    Just go check BlackBerry's bug reporting.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 01:43 AM
    I'm wondering what bugs are there in current version 10.3.2

I can't find at least one bug. It is more than stable

Can anybody list down the bugs that we have in current version?

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    My only issues are: double-typing and it wakes up every time I drop it into my pocket because it thinks I'm swiping up.

The latter is more a design flaw. Cellninja's awesome app senses when it's in my pocket and locks it but without this, it would wake up almost everytime.

This OS seems pretty bullet proof to me. I still hate that BlackBerry is apparently dropping it since it can't figure out how to sell anything. Oh, it's not me! It's the product!

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-06-16 02:53 AM
    You can turn the Swipe to Wake off in the Display settings to avoid the problem...

BlackBerry 10.3.3 OS will be *December  [Speculation]-img_20161106_115734.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 03:58 AM
    The longer they drag this out, the longer we will have an OS that is "supported.".
    I realise that you didn't mean it this way, but what you've written is completely accurate, and I think reflects BB's thinking. The longer they spin this out, not only will they continue to spend minimal cash but the more likely it is that some will get tired of waiting... and buy a DTEK from BB's current line-up. They've made it really easy to make that switch... the DTEKs have lots of BB10-like features and "legit" access to the Google Play Store.

Beyond the frequently quoted promise that "BlackBerry is committed to BB10 platform", what "support" for BB10 do you see?

Other than the ceasing of support for BB Blend, which is hardly reassuring!, I see nothing beyond words.

Moving beyond speculation, to forecasting ... I see "playbook" in BB10's future. I reckon there'll be a similar "Well, shucks, we tried, but it makes no commercial sense <shrug>" statement from BB around February-time to meet with Chen's "out of hardware" deadline. And when/if that day comes, I doubt that there will be much in the way of the reputational damage that you imagine, even here on the CB forums, because (IMO) there is a growing belief that BB10 has had its day and an acceptance that BlackBerry had to move on.

We'll see...
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-06-16 04:03 AM
    In all honesty I don't waste any time thinking about 'when or what if' any more. After 10.3.3 is released I will probably wait until the dust settles and I see what (if any) hardships it brings to the table. I regret 'upgrading from 10.2.xxxx mainly due to the reduced volume level of the notifications that I have experienced (I work in a noisy environment and can not hear my Q10 any more), it makes being productive a definite challenge.
    Being completely deaf in one ear, and "fading" in the other... I completely sympathise!

"challenge" is most definitely the word!
    11-06-16 04:11 AM
    They didn't see what happens around...Apple are switching on " no button " smartphone and they have the worst multi threading system...So why they did take as measurement unit Android? I didn't understand this stuff they are out of mind! The BBOS 10 is the best OS on the market ...this is sad thing!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 05:00 AM
    They didn't see what happens around...Apple are switching on " no button " smartphone and they have the worst multi threading system...So why they did take as measurement unit Android? I didn't understand this stuff they are out of mind! The BBOS 10 is the best OS on the market ...this is sad thing!

Posted via CB10
    So did the Beta Max, and even then the VHS stomped and killed Beta Max, being the Best not measures you any succes, look at Apple, their phones have weak specs at a super high price, They still sell more phones than Sony (this one wants to go Apple these days) and LG, and those two phones stomp the IPHONE in specs and even in price, but as I said, being the Best doesn't measures you any succes

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 05:26 AM
    So did the Beta Max, and even then the VHS stomped and killed Beta Max, being the Best not measures you any succes, look at Apple, their phones have weak specs at a super high price, They still sell more phones than Sony (this one wants to go Apple these days) and LG, and those two phones stomp the IPHONE in specs and even in price, but as I said, being the Best doesn't measures you any succes

Posted via CB10
    Beta may not be as good an example as you think. Sony only discontinued making Beta tapes last year.

https://www.google.ca/url?q=http://w...J6kSrX2Qo-mm5w

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-06-16 05:55 AM
    Beta may not be as good an example as you think. Sony only discontinued making Beta tapes last year.

https://www.google.ca/url?q=http://w...J6kSrX2Qo-mm5w

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Didn't know about that one, but it failed at being the mainstream Just as BlackBerry 10 did being the Major OS, that doesn't mean BlackBerry can't do the same (give it support for a ton of years), but take in consideration than BlackBerry doesn't have that much Cash to burn in BlackBerry, as it doesn't have a superb gaming platform than receives all the heavy hits (playstation ahh, the nowadays casual machine that Will update every 2 years), or have a ultra heavy player on the desktop OS segment that basically allows them to keep burning Cash on a failed and death project (am looking at you Windows Phone) Just like BlackBerry 10 is, right the Software market is growing for BlackBerry but that doesn't mean than there is Cash for burn, in fact at least mr Prem gives BlackBerry another giant Cash injection like in 2013, we can say bye bye to BlackBerry 10 next year or the next one after the inmediately next

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 06:08 AM
    3 years ago.....
    "Wow, I can't wait for Blackberry to release BlackBerry 10 update for PlayBook!"
    "What, it isn't coming?" "Damn!"
    Present time
    "Hmm it seems that BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 is bringing a lot of cool stuff including NIAP certification! Can't wait for... Oh wait a sec."
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-06-16 06:11 AM
    3 years ago.....
    "Wow, I can't wait for Blackberry to release BlackBerry 10 update for PlayBook!"
    "What, it isn't coming?" "Damn!"
    Present time
    "Hmm it seems that BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 is bringing a lot of cool stuff including NIAP certification! Can't wait for... Oh wait a sec."
    Lets see if Chenny man writes up a different Story, even the almighty thunder god Thor failed to deliver it at its time, and considering than devices like the Z3 and Q5 with simmilar specs runs 10 pretty smoothy, but well, considering than the Last time people asked Chen what his daily driver was the answer was passport I hope than he remember about us, even then, Chenny isn't a OS man, he is more a economical man, at least he saved BlackBerry for going bankrupt and gave us the passport that everyone here loves, even then people blame Chen even for the Playbook lol, even without 10.3.3 we can live frankly good for at least 2 years, whatsapp is going to ditch 4.3 probably at 2019 or 2020, so for me, when that date comes, if BlackBerry hasn't developed BlackBerry 10 anymore we Will have to go along
    Posted via CB10
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    11-06-16 06:32 AM
    Didn't know about that one, but it failed at being the mainstream Just as BlackBerry 10 did being the Major OS, that doesn't mean BlackBerry can't do the same (give it support for a ton of years), but take in consideration than BlackBerry doesn't have that much Cash to burn in BlackBerry, as it doesn't have a superb gaming platform than receives all the heavy hits (playstation ahh, the nowadays casual machine that Will update every 2 years), or have a ultra heavy player on the desktop OS segment that basically allows them to keep burning Cash on a failed and death project (am looking at you Windows Phone) Just like BlackBerry 10 is, right the Software market is growing for BlackBerry but that doesn't mean than there is Cash for burn, in fact at least mr Prem gives BlackBerry another giant Cash injection like in 2013, we can say bye bye to BlackBerry 10 next year or the next one after the inmediately next

Posted via CB10
    Sony didn't keep Beta a profitable line (tape, recorders and ancillary equipment) for all those years by chasing consumer interest, copious advertising and the latest fad . They did that by recognising they had lost the consumer market but still held the top spot in the professional market, and not necessarily for video. They slowly extended the capability of the product line only when there was a clear market for the extension, but meticulously maintained backwards compatibility to protect customers investment in the line, which made paying many times as much as for VHS easier to take. The major difference between BlackBerry today and Beta decades ago is that Sony had a steady income stream from producing the consumables, mainly tape, but also spares and maintenance supplies. BlackBerry has an analogous market in software support and service fees, but it is probably softer at the moment.

If you have been using BlackBerry devices as long as I have you would remember the days when, if you didn't have a BES, you didn't have network data. I'm not going to predict that BB10 will go back to those days, but they have already switched to supporting consumers and business where convenience still trumps security with Android. But if you look closely you can already see that they aren't so firm on the idea that BlackBerry powered by Android will ever be acceptable as a replacement for BlackBerry end to end in the most security sensitive markets. The BlackBerry people I worked with in the BBOS days and the transition to BB10 understood that. But many of those people are often working in other areas of IT security now. Many, but not all. Perhaps the time that it is taking to get NIAP certification is awaking the rest them to the fact that for the market where NIAP for BB10 is important it is only the first small step, not the end of the journey.

But we have clearly come full circle. Just as in the early days of BBOS if you are a regular consumer you are welcome to buy a BlackBerry with BB10, but it is going to be focused on satisfying people and companies who's priorities are very different from your own. And if you are thinking that corporate users want applications too, you don't understand how different those priorities are. I'm taking about use cases where access to Google Play, the App store and even BlackBerry World are unacceptable risks. Is that going to be a large enough market to keep BB10 going. So far it is, but you can already see what that looks like.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-06-16 08:03 AM
    Being completely deaf in one ear, and "fading" in the other... I completely sympathise!

"challenge" is most definitely the word!
    Not deaf in any stretch of the definition, the environment is noisy and the OS doesn't have the volume that 10.2 did for the notifications.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-06-16 08:40 AM
    Sony didn't keep Beta a profitable line (tape, recorders and ancillary equipment) for all those years by chasing consumer interest, copious advertising and the latest fad . They did that by recognising they had lost the consumer market but still held the top spot in the professional market, and not necessarily for video. They slowly extended the capability of the product line only when there was a clear market for the extension, but meticulously maintained backwards compatibility to protect customers investment in the line, which made paying many times as much as for VHS easier to take. The major difference between BlackBerry today and Beta decades ago is that Sony had a steady income stream from producing the consumables, mainly tape, but also spares and maintenance supplies. BlackBerry has an analogous market in software support and service fees, but it is probably softer at the moment.

If you have been using BlackBerry devices as long as I have you would remember the days when, if you didn't have a BES, you didn't have network data. I'm not going to predict that BB10 will go back to those days, but they have already switched to supporting consumers and business where convenience still trumps security with Android. But if you look closely you can already see that they aren't so firm on the idea that BlackBerry powered by Android will ever be acceptable as a replacement for BlackBerry end to end in the most security sensitive markets. The BlackBerry people I worked with in the BBOS days and the transition to BB10 understood that. But many of those people are often working in other areas of IT security now. Many, but not all. Perhaps the time that it is taking to get NIAP certification is awaking the rest them to the fact that for the market where NIAP for BB10 is important it is only the first small step, not the end of the journey.

But we have clearly come full circle. Just as in the early days of BBOS if you are a regular consumer you are welcome to buy a BlackBerry with BB10, but it is going to be focused on satisfying people and companies who's priorities are very different from your own. And if you are thinking that corporate users want applications too, you don't understand how different those priorities are. I'm taking about use cases where access to Google Play, the App store and even BlackBerry World are unacceptable risks. Is that going to be a large enough market to keep BB10 going. So far it is, but you can already see what that looks like.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Well as I said in another thread that I recently made, BlackBerry, Just like Microsoft does, might have it Own in-house OS, no one knows when the market can enter in a mess again, and that mess moments are ideal to attack with everithing you have, the battle with BlackBerry 10 isn't over, but if BlackBerry isn't happy with keep the battle and surrender, we can't do nothing more than accept what they offer or leave the house entirely, I, for My social needings (very few thankfully) have enought with what BlackBerry World and Crackberry has to offer, when I want go gaming I grab My Galaxy Note Pro, but BlackBerry 10 is such a wonderful OS for me man than I do not care about what happens to it, I Will come back one way or another, well on topic, BlackBerry in the BlackBerry OS days were BIS/BES dependant, and everyone was happy with that, BlackBerry 10 came up too late and we know history, no one can deny than BlackBerry 10 OS Will always be miles ahead BlackBerry Android miles ahead in security, but Just as we were debating a few moments ago, the Best always doesn't win sadly, BlackBerry, if want to be competitive these days needs Android as Mainstream, not BlackBerry 10, Yeah as I said earlier in this post, BlackBerry has to have its Own in house OS for a case like I said in My thread and here right now, but can't invest on it like they used to do in the old days, Just mainteneance patches and well why not, update the core features of the OS so the comeback can be done easier, but Just that, not anymore than that or they Will bleed too much and I dont think MR Prem Will give the Cash one more time to save their butts

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:58 AM
    I initially put android phone, then I tried to change the mobile phone with blackberry z10, all operating system os 10, and that's where I really like the blackberry z10, all operating system os 10, because it is very smooth and is not slow in running various applications simultaneously, although I am a lot of installs various applications of blackberry and android especially large-sized game, it does not slow or slow in running the application, vary dramatically with blackberry os earlier and I am very satisfied to wear handphone blackberry z10. that should be in called smartphone, blackberry os 10 I hope that continues to evolve and innovate in updating blackberry os 10 to make a new thing, lest blackberry os 10 stop here. because I am very concerned with the blackberry os 10's. hopefully blackberry can be seeded as of yore. thank you

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:22 AM
    I initially put android phone, then I tried to change the mobile phone with blackberry z10, all operating system os 10, and that's where I really like the blackberry z10, all operating system os 10, because it is very smooth and is not slow in running various applications simultaneously, although I am a lot of installs various applications of blackberry and android especially large-sized game, it does not slow or slow in running the application, vary dramatically with blackberry os earlier and I am very satisfied to wear handphone blackberry z10. that should be in called smartphone, blackberry os 10 I hope that continues to evolve and innovate in updating blackberry os 10 to make a new thing, lest blackberry os 10 stop here. because I am very concerned with the blackberry os 10's. hopefully blackberry can be seeded as of yore. thank you

Posted via CB10
    So Do I hope than they at the very least launch security patches, BlackBerry 10 Will be My horse for a long time heh

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:31 AM
712 ... 1819202122 ...