Since when was Blackberry's market-share divided between BBOS and BB10. A BBOS customer is an equally important as a BB10 customer as they are more likely to be a repeat customer given a product can meet their demand. Also I used statistics for cellphones in general (likely incorrectly) But now I wonder if BBOS are included in smartphone category in these stats.
    The last time the numbers were reported, July of 2015, we had 10 million bb10 users and 10 million BBOS users.

The extrapolated burn rate of the latter would have sent it to zero by February of 2016. I suspect however that it would have plateaued somewhere in the 2 to 4 million range because of long-term government contracts and such.

The bb10 user base is a bit more difficult to calculate. If we assume that 80% of those 10 million were using bb10 as their primary device, we would suspect that half of those are still using bb10 today - that leaves us with about 4 million. Add back about a million devices that were sold since then, and that would leave us with about 5 million users today.

Pushing out the posts at each end to increase our confidence, we probably have somewhere between 5 and 10 million total Blackberry users (bb10+bbos) today.
    Last edited by conite; 11-02-16 at 11:47 AM.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-02-16 11:19 AM
    Easy just look at our environment how many we see bb10 device in daily basis, I see none
    I don't have that kind of time available to me to waste looking at every device other people are using. I simple am concerned with my own device and ensure that it does what I purchased it to do everyday.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-02-16 11:41 AM
    Waiting for update...
    BLACKBERRY Z10 STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:45 AM
    Easy just look at our environment how many we see bb10 device in daily basis, I see none
    I agree with you; in the 18 months I've had my Passport I've only seen one other chap with a BB10 device. Not many of them out there at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:53 AM
    Apple are soon-to-be releasing an iOS update that will add tones of new and beautiful emojis. Here at CrackBerry: we BB10 users have been waiting all year for a security update that brings nothing to the average end-user...

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    11-02-16 01:05 PM
    The last time the numbers were reported, July of 2015, we had 10 million bb10 users and 10 million BBOS users.

The extrapolated burn rate of the latter would have sent it to zero by February of 2016. I suspect however that it would have plateaued somewhere in the 2 to 4 million range because of long-term government contracts and such.

The bb10 user base is a bit more difficult to calculate. If we assume that 80% of those 10 million were using bb10 as their primary device, we would suspect that half of those are still using bb10 today - that leaves us with about 4 million. Add back about a million devices that were sold since then, and that would leave us with about 5 million users today.

Pushing out the posts at each end to increase our confidence, we probably have somewhere between 5 and 10 million total Blackberry users (bb10+bbos) today.
    That does sound like a reasonable estimate. There is also a customer loss rate of approximately equal the required sales number to stay in business. I still feel they are focusing on the wrong consumers to gain those sales.
    11-02-16 02:07 PM
    I agree with you; in the 18 months I've had my Passport I've only seen one other chap with a BB10 device. Not many of them out there at all.

Posted via CB10
    Only my family and friends seem to have BB10 devices. I have about a dozen people in Aruba and Dominican republic asking me daily when the next BB10 device will be out. Slowly they are all being replaced by iPhones, including in my house. Ill likely be the last one as my Passport is still doing ok.
    11-02-16 02:12 PM
    There is also a customer loss rate of approximately equal the required sales number to stay in business.
    Please show your work.
    I can't make any sense at all of the quoted statement.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 11-02-16 at 03:28 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 02:52 PM
    ]OS 10.3.3.1848 | SR 10.3.3.2115 Production

^
    Release imminent? Bring it on.. :-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-02-16 03:28 PM
    Apple are soon-to-be releasing an iOS update that will add tones of new and beautiful emojis. Here at CrackBerry: we BB10 users have been waiting all year for a security update that brings nothing to the average end-user...

What's your point?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-02-16 05:02 PM
    What's your point?
    Just a guess, but maybe his point is that Apple deliver on their promises?
    11-02-16 05:13 PM
    Actually I prefer an update that is tested to the limit and is 90% free of bugs than an iphone update that brings new bugs with every iteration of the os. Even the patches correct bugs and bring new ones.

It has to be tried and tested because we are talking about BlackBerry security reputation. They have to test it maybe 3x more than apple for example.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-02-16 05:37 PM
    That does sound like a reasonable estimate. There is also a customer loss rate of approximately equal the required sales number to stay in business. I still feel they are focusing on the wrong consumers to gain those sales.
    And what about those thousands or even millions of BlackBerry devices that are behind mdm policies that no stats company can account for them?

Did you know that if you use your bb10 browser in desktop mode it presents itself as a desktop mac to the Internet with no trace of being a BlackBerry device?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 05:42 PM
    It's coming soon guys! Who else is super excited?
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-16 05:47 PM
    Not me if it will replace the working stock facebook app with Web version trash.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 06:27 PM
    Not me if it will replace the working stock facebook app with Web version trash.

Posted via CB10
    Why can't u take backup of Fb app and restore after upgrade?

Not sure if it is possible, never tried though
    Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:51 PM
    There's nothing wrong with being an optimist, nothing at all..........

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:53 PM
    ]OS 10.3.3.1848 | SR 10.3.3.2115 Production

^
    Release imminent? Bring it on.. :-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    9 hours and counting!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    11-03-16 12:37 AM

As I see latest report about market-share of existing smartphone users, the "Others" category which includes Windows Smartphone OS, BB10 OS, Tizen OS and other few, has shrunk from 2.3% in Q32015 to 0.3% in Q32016. So the reduction in BB10OS users must be more drastic than this above estimate, IMO

Android's global smartphone market share now stands at around 88% - GSMArena.com news
    11-03-16 12:47 AM

So? What's the point of this? Personally I don't need a crapload of emojis, I use very few of the current available ones anyway and the BB10 ones look beautiful to me.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    11-03-16 12:54 AM
    Actually I prefer an update that is tested to the limit and is 90% free of bugs than an iphone update that brings new bugs with every iteration of the os. Even the patches correct bugs and bring new ones.

It has to be tried and tested because we are talking about BlackBerry security reputation. They have to test it maybe 3x more than apple for example.

Posted via CB10
    Testing more.... 3x or even 5x times... is not a problem for anyone, infact it is good. I agree.

But the issue (IMO) is, that they promise / leak / hint a release date and then neither release update nor communicate about delay for several months.
    11-03-16 12:56 AM
    And what about those thousands or even millions of BlackBerry devices that are behind mdm policies that no stats company can account for them?

Did you know that if you use your bb10 browser in desktop mode it presents itself as a desktop mac to the Internet with no trace of being a BlackBerry device?

Posted via CB10
    Millions???? Maybe you should review & rationalize that number....

And, I don't think count of devices is based on browser traces.... (I guess) it must be based on active IMEIs showing respective OSes
    11-03-16 01:00 AM
    Waiting for fully baked OS

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:19 AM
    Millions???? Maybe you should review & rationalize that number....

And, I don't think count of devices is based on browser traces.... (I guess) it must be based on active IMEIs showing respective OSes
    No you are wrong. Go to netmarketshare and other stats sites and read the disclaimer. You will be surprised how these stats are made and how the data is collected.

Yes, browser user agent is one of the ways they collect info.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:48 AM
    No you are wrong. Go to netmarketshare and other stats sites and read the disclaimer. You will be surprised how these stats are made and how the data is collected.

Yes, browser user agent is one of the ways they collect info.

Posted via CB10
    That is netmarketshare's own database, references & customization.... the report that I mentioned is by another source / agency called "Strategy Analytics", which must be using more sensible & reliable data.

Also, netmarketshare site doesn't seem to be referring to browser traces while providing information about "Mobile/Tablet Operating System Market Share".
    11-03-16 04:56 AM
712 ... 1516171819 ...