Though I do wonder if they might decide to release 10.3.3 before it achieves NIAP certification. If only to bring to a halt the long-running joke that has been the 10.3.3 update process to date. The delay stopped being funny months ago, and is simply embarrassing BB further with every day that passes.
    I'm pretty sure they used 'waiting for NIAP' as an excuse, when the real reason was they simply didn't have the manpower left to finish a very minor update on time.

I believe this is why they missed the March deadline, and I believe the June deadline was also missed because 10.3.3 simply was not ready. Look at the state of the Dev version, released in late May I believe? No way they had anything remotely ready for March.

Now, we know that 10.3.3 is actually being evaluated. So maybe they have actually finished working on it.

Why not release it now, before it's got the NIAP stamp of approval? Well, that would put them in the position of somewhat admitting that they were lying about the earlier delays. If they can release it without / before getting NIAP now, why didn't they release it prior to NIAP in March like they first said?

So, assuming that 10.3.3 is in fact complete, they will probably just sit on it until they do get that stamp of approval.

(Counterpoint, there are still new builds showing up now and then in the latest spotted thread. So maybe 10.3.3 isn't actually finished yet after all. I mean, if it was done and just waiting for outside approval, why wouldn't new builds be for 10.3.4 instead?)
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-30-16 07:31 AM
    I wonder howmanny ppl are now left that do bb10 dev.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 07:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure they used 'waiting for NIAP' as an excuse, when the real reason was they simply didn't have the manpower left to finish a very minor update on time.

I believe this is why they missed the March deadline, and I believe the June deadline was also missed because 10.3.3 simply was not ready. Look at the state of the Dev version, released in late May I believe? No way they had anything remotely ready for March.

Now, we know that 10.3.3 is actually being evaluated. So maybe they have actually finished working on it.

Why not release it now, before it's got the NIAP stamp of approval? Well, that would put them in the position of somewhat admitting that they were lying about the earlier delays. If they can release it without / before getting NIAP now, why didn't they release it prior to NIAP in March like they first said?

So, assuming that 10.3.3 is in fact complete, they will probably just sit on it until they do get that stamp of approval.

(Counterpoint, there are still new builds showing up now and then in the latest spotted thread. So maybe 10.3.3 isn't actually finished yet after all. I mean, if it was done and just waiting for outside approval, why wouldn't new builds be for 10.3.4 instead?)
    All good points, but I'm willing to bet they could spin an earlier uncertified 10.3.3 release as "listening to their customers" and their disappointment that the certification has taken longer than they'd imagined, and they'll say that certification will continue in the background ... well, I know that *I* could spin it that way.

I'm no longer sure that BB has the communication skills to do the same given the evidence of the DTEK60 launch, where BB's spokesman announced the DTEK60 as BlackBerry's last in-house phone... at the launch event! Lol

Just the boost the DTEK60 needs for a good start on sales.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-30-16 07:50 AM
    Yup, agreed.

The guy who signed-off on Windows 8 is probably sitting around the same hobo campfire as the guy who invented New Taste Coca-Cola. Homer Simpson is sitting there too after his car design wrecked the company!
    Sadly, that person who conjured up Win8 is probably worth 9 figures.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    10-30-16 07:59 AM
    Well personally I'm using a old spare Z10 just for exact that purpose, as a test device to see how good or bad a DEV version works, to be able to see if it's worth to give it a shot for my Classic as day runner!
    Well... the Z10 works well so far on 10.3.3 but only because I know the way to butch my way around, so far the Z10 is the only device on DEV 10.3.3 all the other Classic and Passport devices in daily use still running 10.3.3.2888 waiting for what ever popes up after the DEV

Conclusion :
    Looks like most people who are running in to trouble with the DEV 10.3.3 didn't bothered reading the manual that came with it!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    That's their main issue, is that they did not read before they jumped on installing 10.3.3. Then they have the nerve to blame anyone other than themselves for their actions.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-30-16 09:32 AM
    They could rls a update that only changes the software update number to 10.3.3.

Posted via CB10
    They could keep BB10 going for many more years with that strategy.

Every couple months or so release a new software update with "bug fixes and improvements" and a higher software release number.

Folks here would eat it right up and would viciously defend BlackBerry and point to it as proof of support.

Only question would be is it worth the bandwidth costs to push out the "updates".

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:39 AM
    For sure!

I used once a friend's laptop with win 8 installed (no touchscreen). Boy, what an awful experience...
    10-30-16 09:43 AM
    Yes I do still blame blackberry for the development software. It should not be out. It certainly should have been taking down months ago when it was apparant that it has and is causing issues. A developer is smart enough to create a filebox that only developers has access to.

Like putting beer out in the room. Now you 18 year Olds don't drink it. You are not 21. Responsibility holds both ways. Especially since it is a known problem and NOTHING is being done to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 10:45 AM

Like putting beer out in the room. Now you 18 year Olds don't drink it. You are not 21. Responsibility holds both ways. Especially since it is a known problem and NOTHING is being done to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    Except that room is in a building clearly marked "developers only - enter at your own risk" with a giant marquee.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-30-16 10:59 AM
    Except that room is in a building clearly marked "developers only - enter at your own risk" with a giant marquee.
    But there wuz free beer... and dancing girls... how could I resist?
    DrBoomBotz and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    10-30-16 11:16 AM
    It will be ok install the new update when will be released or It's better wait to see How it works and then install

Posted via my Passport!
    10-30-16 12:35 PM
    8.1 is brilliant and comparable to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 03:26 PM
    It will be ok install the new update when will be released or It's better wait to see How it works and then install

Posted via my Passport!
    Even if the coming update doesn't seems to be good there are some people who really have to update it...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    10-30-16 03:57 PM
    Even if the coming update doesn't seems to be good there are some people who really have to update it...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Men, sorry for forgot the '?' it was a question

Posted via my Passport!
    10-30-16 05:14 PM
    What is the new in blackberry 10.3.3 ?
    10-30-16 05:16 PM
    Wait for next week... niap certification deadline is tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 05:18 PM
    I will not update to 10.3.3 because:

- Current os version is super stable and there are no bugs that i need to be corrected.
    - I don't need NIAP
    - They will remove the stock facebook app an replace it with the Web version when the os is updated, killing the integration (that's what I believe)
    - No major features will come with this new version unless some updated certs and other minor things.
    - Rule of thumb is if it's working don't update until you know it won't bring new bugs.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    What makes you say this? Have you seen some announcement or something?
    DrBoomBotz and Vistaus like this.
    10-30-16 05:36 PM
    It'll be November tomorrow. Wake me up when 10.3.3 is up.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Q5
    10-31-16 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you even knew this..??

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    10-31-16 01:52 AM
    How do you even knew this..??

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    He's right

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 02:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    [citation needed]
    10-31-16 02:16 AM
    - They will remove the stock facebook app an replace it with the Web version when the os is updated, killing the integration (that's what I believe)
    Cool waiting for that to happened since OS-10.0.1.xxx
    Hope the same will be done killing for the Android RT, Amazon crap app's, WA, Linkin too, big improvement.
    Hope at least any of this deep integrated bloat can at least be deleted without effort.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-31-16 02:47 AM
    if it was done and just waiting for outside approval, why wouldn't new builds be for 10.3.4 instead?)
    Chen has promised 10.3.4 after 10.3.3. I assume 10.3.3 maybe ready and they started working on 10.3.4 (don't know what will 10.3.4 is about to bring?)
    10-31-16 04:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    If update doesn't come soon, then we assume thIS DEADLINE is extended / pushed-back.
    10-31-16 04:21 AM
712 ... 1213141516 ...