There really is a little bit more to it as I outlined in various topics. It's not a bet 'cause all that the official update will contain (except for the actual NIAP certification) is available in the current public 10.3.3 dev build.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    Let the update land. If there are much more than browser and NIAP, need to tag some comments on a bunch of ARROGANT and ADAMANT people

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 12:02 AM
    I heard it's coming with Half-Life 3.

Posted via CB10
    kvndoom likes this.
    10-01-16 01:58 AM
    There really is a little bit more to it as I outlined in various topics. It's not a bet 'cause all that the official update will contain (except for the actual NIAP certification) is available in the current public 10.3.3 dev buold
    If that is indeed the case then why doesn't everyone just install that dev build then?? Why don't we just post the link here and encourage all to enjoy?? /rhetorical.
    10-01-16 06:26 AM
    By the time BlackBerry waits for a long-wait NIAP certs to finish , they should have finish developing a dark hub for 10.3.3,......also, any known bugs in current OS can be totally cut out. 10.3.3 should become the most perfect BB10 ever. [Speculating]....

BlackBerry Z10 STL1-001 10.3.2.2888
    10-01-16 06:32 AM
    I'm wondering if like everybody is assuming that Blackberry is ditching OS10.... whats the point of getting it NIAP certified now?

But the way, I checked the NIAP pages, and there is not even one certification for RIM Blackberry. Is this the first one?
    It's weird because even Apple and Samsung have various certifications...
    Yes, this is the real reason we wait. Yet, it seems they have a stockpile of Passports that they are able to unload. Perhaps 10.3.3, how ever a small an update it might be, will be released once Blackberry is able to unload all of those devices above cost. It nicely makes it seem like it's a supported platform as long as some announced update is coming.

Interesting you don't find them there. Chen and some here have repeated what Chen said to no end as a reason for the delay.
    Did you check the page for Blackberry Blackberry? They did change the corporate name near their end.
    10-01-16 06:32 AM
    Yes, this is the real reason we wait. Yet, it seems they have a stockpile of Passports that they are able to unload. Perhaps 10.3.3, how ever a small an update it might be, will be released once Blackberry is able to unload all of those devices above cost. It nicely makes it seem like it's a supported platform as long as some announced update is coming.

Interesting you don't find them there. Chen and some here have repeated what Chen said to no end as a reason for the delay.
    Did you check the page for Blackberry Blackberry? They did change the corporate name near their end.
    Yes, checked RIM alone, Blackberry alone, both together. There is no trace of any device or software being certified. Also there is no archive of past certifications. Weird...
    melander likes this.
    10-01-16 11:48 AM
    Just to they give us autoloaders for Android and to put it on the rest of stock which left and with some fair price, it will sell like hot cakes

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:41 PM
    By the time BlackBerry waits for a long-wait NIAP certs to finish , they should have finish developing a dark hub for 10.3.3,.....
    What if 10.3.3. was already certified, but after hearing all the complaints about not having dark Hub, Chen said "make it so" (as he's a big ST:NG fan), only to find out later that the whole certification process needed to be done again, thus delaying the release of 10.3.3?!?

I blame you, dark Hub people!
    10-01-16 03:31 PM
    What if 10.3.3. was already certified, but after hearing all the complaints about not having dark Hub, Chen said "make it so" (as he's a big ST:NG fan), only to find out later that the whole certification process needed to be done again, thus delaying the release of 10.3.3?!?

I blame you, dark Hub people!
    Sure, that's why it was bumped from March till June.

Then of course, towards the end of June, you know what happened...

"What do you mean, we forgot to include Lithuanian?!"

Third time's the charm!
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-01-16 03:46 PM
    Sure, that's why it was bumped from March till June.

Then of course, towards the end of June, you know what happened...

"What do you mean, we forgot to include Lithuanian?!"

Third time's the charm!
    Exactly! We could have had it in March!

I blame you, dark Hub people... and Lithuanians!
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-01-16 03:52 PM
    Exactly! We could have had it in March!

I blame you, dark Hub people... and Lithuanians!
    And by the time they figure out dark Hub and Lithuanian separately, turns out you can't have a dark Lithuanian Hub.
    10-01-16 06:24 PM
    If that is indeed the case then why doesn't everyone just install that dev build then?? Why don't we just post the link here and encourage all to enjoy?? /rhetorical.
    Because the dev build is missing a few core features like Bedside Mode for example and WhatsApp doesn't work. But they will be available and working again in the official update.
    So that's why it's not encourageable to install the dev build.

10-01-16 11:55 PM
    Yes, checked RIM alone, Blackberry alone, both together. There is no trace of any device or software being certified. Also there is no archive of past certifications. Weird...
    https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

10-01-16 11:58 PM
    It does seem strange that BlackBerry is bothering with NIAP for BB10. Will NIAP somehow result in additional sales?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    melander likes this.
    10-02-16 04:29 AM
    You're looking on the American site for which the certification is named after. So am I.
    This is very very strange indeed.
    In business, you're supposed to not hang internal development schedules on external factors.
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was released and currently listed as going through certification! (probably stalled after the recall) Apple released iOS 9.3.2 then it got certified later. Apple released iOS 10, but it is not in certified status.
    So, if 10.3.3 is feature complete, there was no business reason not to release it once it hit done status. I would speculate that it's a financial reason John Chen used the announcement of 10.3.3... One where I would question his ethics but never question his business acumen
    10-02-16 06:54 AM
    My honest speculation on all of this is that NIAP was used as a delaying tactic.

When 10.3.3 was originally announced (in late 2015) for the end of March 2016, maybe they truly believed that was a possible release date. But based on what we saw in the dev built that didn't come out until when, May I think? Based on that, there is simply no possible way that 10.3.3 would have been anywhere near ready for public release in March.

My belief is that they've gutted the BB10 department such that the skeleton crew remaining (be it 10 people, 5 people, or one part-time unpaid teenage intern and his dog) that they simply don't have the manpower to get anywhere near the original timetable / deadline.

Hence, 'waiting for NIAP' is a convenience, a way to shift the blame or lay the delay on an outside entity. It's part and parcel of the 'still fully committed to BB10' illusion.

Maybe I'm overly skeptical. But as others have mentioned, and asked, what is BB10 getting NIAP going to do for BlackBerry when BB10 is all but dead? Why can't they release the OS first then announce the certification after the fact, as their competitors have done?

This is the only way I can think of to answer those questions, that makes sense to me.
    JeepBB, Rustiman and anon(8080272) like this.
    10-02-16 07:52 AM
    It does seem strange that BlackBerry is bothering with NIAP for BB10. Will NIAP somehow result in additional sales?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    I think it's more to reassure governments and high security businesses that the device secure and it's been verified by a external party. Also to reassure current customers that their devices won't be EOL in the next 2 months. Don't think it's to try get more purchases.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    10-02-16 08:00 AM
    My honest speculation on all of this is that NIAP was used as a delaying tactic.

When 10.3.3 was originally announced (in late 2015) for the end of March 2016, maybe they truly believed that was a possible release date. But based on what we saw in the dev built that didn't come out until when, May I think? Based on that, there is simply no possible way that 10.3.3 would have been anywhere near ready for public release in March.

My belief is that they've gutted the BB10 department such that the skeleton crew remaining (be it 10 people, 5 people, or one part-time unpaid teenage intern and his dog) that they simply don't have the manpower to get anywhere near the original timetable / deadline.

Hence, 'waiting for NIAP' is a convenience, a way to shift the blame or lay the delay on an outside entity. It's part and parcel of the 'still fully committed to BB10' illusion.

Maybe I'm overly skeptical. But as others have mentioned, and asked, what is BB10 getting NIAP going to do for BlackBerry when BB10 is all but dead? Why can't they release the OS first then announce the certification after the fact, as their competitors have done?

This is the only way I can think of to answer those questions, that makes sense to me.
    I sort of agree, in that I think that NIAP has become a delaying tactic to avoid releasing 10.3.3.

I reckon BB really did intend to go for the certification.. a move that probably made sense a year ago when they likely put together the plan... but then rapidly hit the buffers when they realised what an Evaluation entailed. And the bolded part of your quote is why I believe that.

I doubt very much if BB has anyone left in the company who really understands how BB10 is put together... and a successful Evaluation requires that you do have knowledge in depth. The evaluation process is far from a rubber stamp, but I doubt there is anyone left in BB that understands (or remembers) how much effort is required.

In summary, the Evaluation process works like this:
    1) Sponsor approaches Evaluator with product they claim is "secure" and evaluation commences.
    2) Evaluator asks Sponsor for evidence of the functionality and mechanisms that support the claimed secure aspects... the Evaluator asks really, really detailed questions.
    3) Sponsor provides evidence, Evaluator considers response and whether answers support the claims.
    Steps 2 & 3 are repeated until the Evaluator is convinced that the claims the sponsor is making are justified... until:
    4) Evaluator provides "pass" certificate. Product is evaluated.

My belief is that the process is stuck at (3). The very few left to support BB10 (1 manager, 1 old hand, 2 interns and the dog to keep up morale) are clueless about how to answer the Evaluators questions. They simply don't understand enough about the detailed workings of BB10, so the process has stopped. It'll remain stopped until the evaluator gets satisfactory answers.

So, BB's tweet about the NIAP process being in the final stages is both true, and completely misleading at the same time.
    10-02-16 10:30 AM
    ...is both true, and completely misleading at the same time.
    I have this weird feeling I've been here before.
    10-02-16 10:49 AM
    https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

Yes, but -correct me if I'm wrong- CSE is not NIAP. NIAP is NSA, nothing to do with Canadian government.
    10-02-16 02:29 PM
    Yes, but -correct me if I'm wrong- CSE is not NIAP. NIAP is NSA, nothing to do with Canadian government.
    This link answer most of your questions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Criteria
    10-02-16 02:47 PM
    This link answer most of your questions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Criteria
    All right. So, they were using the wrong name (NIAP), but in fact the OS is being certified after all.

Thanks for the link.
    10-02-16 03:43 PM
    Me when RIM finally release 10.3.3:

BlackBerry 10.3.3 OS will be *December  [Speculation]-tumblr_na82dqh9qw1qedb29o2_r1_500.jpg
    10-02-16 10:30 PM
    Me when RIM finally release 10.3.3:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_na82dqh9qw1qedb29o2_r1_500.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	409364
    RIM will never release 10.3.3 'cause RIM has been dead for a long time now. BlackBerry, however, will release 10.3.3

10-02-16 11:59 PM
    May be we might get the update on 10/10... may be..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    10-03-16 09:23 AM
712 ... 23456 ...