Never understood the "waiting for NIAP" thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't BlackBerry release anything they want to and then proudly announce its certs after it receives them?
    The NIAP Certification is what 10.3.3 is all about, for BlackBerry at least. For a few it (10.3.3) seems to be very important, but for most it just makes for entertaining conversation.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 09-29-16 at 11:55 PM.
    09-29-16 08:00 PM
    It will come I'm sure, but when it does, boy we will be either very very disappointed, or very very impressed!! I'm guessing disappointed lol

Posted via CB10
    The info I've seen says that it would be a maintenance update, if released.
    09-29-16 11:47 PM

PS: I'm not one you wanna be messing with.
    Lolwut, did you just threaten me 'cause you can't handle criticism? Pretty pathetic. Well, I'm not one you wanna be messing with either.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-30-16 12:08 AM
    Hahahahh 10.3.3** is big joke

Posted via CB10
    The amount of jokes that my friends have used about 10.3.3 is so funny lol.

its going to be more funny when we actually get it and we are like 'i waited so long for this?!?' lol
    09-30-16 02:54 AM
    Remember Remember The 5th of November, The BlackBerry Treason And Plot...

Posted via CB10
    Great idea!!! We can have a bonfire and roast potatoes and throw in all our old and decrepit Blackberry OS7 phones and....
    methodinsane likes this.
    09-30-16 06:16 AM
    The NIAP Certification is what 10.3.3 is all about, for BlackBerry at least. For a few it (10.3.3) seems to be very important, but for most it just makes for entertaining conversation.
    Maybe someone bought a million BB10 devices and is just waiting on this certification to deploy them?

Otherwise it's been a smoke screen that fooled a few here....
    09-30-16 07:25 AM
    I think it should come by October. Let us know if you have received it already from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares, when there is no dark hub and Lithuanian lang pack :-) Joking aside, I don't think anything will be changed on front end so ...
    09-30-16 07:55 AM
    Bavarian language support would be a very helpfully too right on time for the October beer festival in Munich/Germany for translation purpose which is more important.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    dmlis likes this.
    09-30-16 08:11 AM
    "IF" we get the 10.3.3 Update, I'm wondering "who" is going provide it ie; BlackBerry or the "New" Company? Like so many others, I don't believe it's go to happen under Chens watch.
    09-30-16 09:37 AM
    I'm wondering if like everybody is assuming that Blackberry is ditching OS10.... whats the point of getting it NIAP certified now?

But the way, I checked the NIAP pages, and there is not even one certification for RIM Blackberry. Is this the first one?
    It's weird because even Apple and Samsung have various certifications...
    09-30-16 09:49 AM
    Ha ha ha hah hah

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 10:00 AM
    When is the Funeral Service ?
    09-30-16 10:30 AM
    As if we even need the NIAP update. To be honest, they should allow us to unlock the bootloader and install Android on Playbook and phones. Who cares about NIAP when you phone is becoming obsolete because of your own ignorance of one of the best mobile OS. If you are playing games with Google go and say straight what kind of deal binds your or give us the way to unlock and install Android on both Playbook and Z10/Z30 etc. I'm 90% that there is working BB10 version PlayBook that's probably internal unit and that works with 4.2 runtime. Probably the same case for Z10/Z30. All of them share the similar hardware to Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab S3 etc. BlackBerry thinks that we are idiots to be honest. Oh and let's not forget that we all had WiFi problems few years ago since proximity sensors depended on some of their servers.
    09-30-16 11:04 AM
    It's still the best OS even without developers

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-30-16 11:14 AM
    More than speculation, I do think it will hit us in October, but we shall have to wait and see what 10.3.3 actually is..... bets are very mixed from a security update to something a little more pronounced... but either way it will be an improvement to the bb10 software and that's always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:03 PM
    More than speculation, I do think it will hit us in October, but we shall have to wait and see what 10.3.3 actually is..... bets are very mixed from a security update to something a little more pronounced... but either way it will be an improvement to the bb10 software and that's always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Everything is arbitrary when you don't know any better.
    09-30-16 12:06 PM
    I really hope RIM sticks to its commitment to provide at least two more OS updates. It would suck if they backtracked on it.
    melander likes this.
    09-30-16 12:44 PM
    I'm sure with the outsourcing of the software, blackberry will do the updates for the bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 01:03 PM
    does an outdated update really mean anything now we know BB devices are over and out? its only a matter of time when we will all need a new phone and what are the chances of our new phone being a BB? Personally I dont mind who makes the device as long as the OS is Blackberry.................Im now so use to bad news when it comes to BB, im now actually looking forward to a new relationship with a smart new Samsung
    09-30-16 01:19 PM
    Bavarian language support would be a very helpfully too right on time for the October beer festival in Munich/Germany for translation purpose which is more important.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Tolong satu gelas bir.
    Blackberry is all Indonesian now. :-)
    09-30-16 01:32 PM
    Maybe someone bought a million BB10 devices and is just waiting on this certification to deploy them?....
    There must have been a financial incentive for BlackBerry to pursue this, but now more than three months after Chen said he expected it, that opportunity may already be lost.
    09-30-16 01:50 PM
    There must have been a financial incentive for BlackBerry to pursue this, but now more than three months after Chen said he expected it, that opportunity may already be lost.
    Three months... he was talking about it last summer. I imagine that with the recent release of the LEAP and the six month old Classic that finally someone in the US goverment was wanting to go futher in deployment of BB10 phones. But this certification was needed to allow that to take place.

But I doubt anyone really is waiting for it at this point... other than those here that are hoping much more is coming than what has been promised.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-16 02:00 PM
    I believe Chen said back in April that he expected 10.3.3 to ready for mid -June. Maybe he had just made a sale of BB10 phones based on a promised to get NIAP certification. That would actually make more sense. Now he can still tell his customer it's coming "soon".
    09-30-16 02:12 PM
    BlackBerry should just announce that for consumers, there won't be any more OS updates because the waiting process is too difficult for consumers to deal with; that way, there's a definitive answer.

Meanwhile, enterprise gets a few updates...
    I am a consumer and waiting has to do with patience and after all the time I have put into life, I have the time to wait.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-30-16 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    There really is a little bit more to it as I outlined in various topics. It's not a bet 'cause all that the official update will contain (except for the actual NIAP certification) is available in the current public 10.3.3 dev build.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-30-16 11:52 PM
712 12345 ...