I've been using the .1016 leak for about two weeks on my Q10 and its been great.

The one thing I've been disappointed with it was the new shortcut implementation. On BBOS the shortcuts such as "L" for calendar, "M" for messages, "N" for BBM, and so forth worked by just a quick press of the keys. On 10.3.1 those shortcuts work by long-pressing the keys instead. A quick press will activate the universal search.

With the long press implementation, it limited the shortcut keys availability. For example all the long presses on the old BBOS were for my quick dials. Now those keys have been shared among the other shortcut keys.

On BBOS you can disable the auto universal search to use the quick press shortcuts, and to use the Universal search all you would need to do is press "S" and start typing.

Anyone else miss the quick press shortcuts of the old BBOS?
    11-11-14 10:57 PM
    I'm assuming the problem is you can no longer setup some of your speed dials mnemonically because you can only have a single assignment?

Otherwise I don't see a shortage of keys available. I can't remember more than 10 anyways

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:44 PM
    On BBOS map the quick dials to almost all the keys because it required a long press to activate. On th 10.3.1 all the shortcuts only work by long pressing, that in turns has to be shared with quick dials.

If this gets carried over to the official release some will be disappointed. I know I am.

The way shortcuts worked on my 9900 made it the work horse phone I've used for a long time. Blackberry should work bringing the shortcuts exactly how it worked on the old OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 02:22 PM