Really loving 10.3 but there are a few things I would like to see in 10.3.1

1. Instant actions in File Manager just like you get in 10.3 in the hub, this would make it easier to move or delete files
    2. The ability to sort the the file manager locations manually
    3. The ability to sort setting Alphabetically, they have added sort in 10.3 but I just want to press a button and have all the settings in Alphabetical order
    4. When I delete an email in Gmail it actually deletes not archives it ( I have tried all the workarounds but to no avail) this works on every other device I use except BlackBerry.
    5. Pie in the Sky time - Google Play Store and Services

Please add any features you would like to see.

David
    johnnyhead likes this.
    10-14-14 08:30 AM
    Which version of 10.3 are you using? Regarding number 4 above, I believe Gmail is defaulted to archive. Are your Gmail settings as below?

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Feature Requests-gmail.jpg
    10-14-14 09:15 AM
    10.3.1 is basically done. (just testing & tweaks now) if it's not in there already, it won't be in it in November. You need to look towards 10.4 for requests

Btw I liked your ideas

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:17 AM
    Here is what I want at some point to aid my BlackBerry passport..

App switching abilities: map all 8 active frames apps to keys

Q W E
    A S D
    X C

And then of course when space bar is pressed for three seconds anywhere in the OS it would take me to the the homescreen..

Just hate touching such a beautiful screen..

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:44 AM
    5. Pie in the Sky time - Google Play Store and Services
    That will never happens, sorry. I would like them to remove the non-functional stub of GSF from the device so users could install GPlay Stores and Services

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-15-14 12:29 AM
    The ability to select multiple emails by touching the top one and while keeping your finger on touch below the last email you want deleted so they all highlight at once. This was a feature with the Bold 9900. Big time saver...... faster than having to select each one individually.

Posted via CB10
    Burton79, scrapmetal58 and Gerii like this.
    10-15-14 12:43 AM
    • Swype style typing. PLEASE!
    • Let me put my icons anywhere I want. Do not force them to be strung together like iOS. It's ok for gaps to exist between icons.
    • Enforce notification settings. I keep getting Candy Slash Story updates even though I've turned it all off under Notifications. Why?
    • Gesture to close app in one swipe. Maybe Swipe up to top of screen from bottom to close app so I don't have to swipe up, then hit close.
    • Have a gesture so I can turn off my device and lock it without having to reach for the power button on top. Swipe up and continue down to shut off?
    • Give us better security lock screens like the 3x3 grid of dots with pattern unlock.
    10-15-14 12:58 AM
    • Give us better security lock screens like the 3x3 grid of dots with pattern unlock.
    Pattern unlock is really bad. I can copy my friends pattern easily by seeing it once even if he/she set his phone to hide his pattern. BlackBerry Picture password is great, my friends can't figure out the pass code because they just tracing my finger to find out the passcode

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-15-14 02:53 AM
    -'select all' feature for text - EDIT: already works
    -app icon self-alignment in folders
    -date showing in "peek view"
    -quick settings toggle for "data services"
    -emergency contact info accessible from lock screen

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by WGn199; 10-21-14 at 01:51 AM.
    10-15-14 03:27 AM
    Hope there are options to delete app data and theme menu(Not Wallpaper) in menu setting, like android.. it's useful maybe
    Thanks for BlackBerry developer!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:13 AM
    How about Removing android support as a feature. That would be awesome... and really from a business view. Windows support would be much more useful then android.

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    Lightower likes this.
    10-15-14 12:07 PM
    The option to be able to swipe left or right on the keys to change songs in the music player. It would be much easier than using the up and down arrows.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:54 AM
    The ability to control media player with keyboard.

E.g Pause with space bar

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:07 AM
    Turn off word prediction when you file message to subfolder as it causes need for double tap before mail gets filed

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:23 AM
    API Printing User Interface
    Gerii likes this.
    10-18-14 06:29 AM
    In 10.4 we need old calling screen back or at least an option.

Swiping up and down was better to receive call

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-18-14 11:35 AM
    This is more of a wanted feature fix request than a new feature request. I want to see the Remember App back to the way it was in 10.2.1 where I can put tasks and notes into the same folders. For example, I have a folder named "Pet Medical." In the folder I keep notes regarding all the medications that my cat takes, pharmacy order information, her restricted diet information, etc. On top of that I put tasks in there to remind me when to refill her meds, reminders to schedule her next vet appointment, etc. (for those wondering my cat suffers from Chronic Renal Failure). It makes my life easier having everything in one place. However, now it seems more counter productive and less efficient in 10.3 than productive and efficient in 10.2.1. Now I have to have two folders, and both cannot have the same name, so the one in the "Notes" tab is "Pet Medical-1" instead of just "Pet Medical." I have to jump back and forth now between the "Tasks" and "Notes" tabs. It's a pain in the ***, and just plain terrible. It was a great thing turned crap. Yet, this all can easily be fixed in the 10.3.1 OS update. All that needs to be done is to merge the "Tasks" and "Notes" tabs in the 10.3 version so notes and tasks pertaining to one thing can be kept in the same folder. So, the tabs would go from being "Tasks," "Notes," and "Tags" to becoming "Folders" and "Tags" instead. This makes it more like the 10.2.1 version bring back the simplicity, productivity, and efficiency, but also giving it the new clean and flat UI and design look of 10.3. I would love to see this in 10.3.1.

Since I'm on the topic of the Remember App, some new features I would like to see in it are the ability to assign exact times to the "Due Dates" in tasks. Also the ability to share tasks and notes with any attachments to them to others through BBM, Email, NFC, or Text (similar to how contacts or "Contact Cards" can be shared to other BlackBerry's or cross platform). Possibly the ability to add contacts to a task much like a calendar appointment, which also adds the task and all its content to that contacts calendar and tasks app. Another integration of the Remember App would be in calendar appointments, where I can attach tasks and notes with all there content and attachments to a specific calendar appointment. Then you can just open that appointment in the calendar, see all the tasks and notes associated with it and even open them from right there. I'd even extend this to the File Manager App so files can be attached to calendar appointments directly. Obviously 10.3.1 is too close to release to incorporate features like this, but I would certainly love to see them in a 10.3.2 or 10.4 OS update.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    10-18-14 03:56 PM
    I would like to see the option to fix active frames so they remain active all the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:18 PM
    API Printing User Interface
    YES. Why isn't this already there?
    (I use PrintHand to compensate)

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:17 PM
    Pattern unlock is really bad. I can copy my friends pattern easily by seeing it once even if he/she set his phone to hide his pattern. BlackBerry Picture password is great, my friends can't figure out the pass code because they just tracing my finger to find out the passcode

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    Yes I agree with this. Besides it's not unique to use pattern unlock. We're just copying android if we really use that. Really not cool. Picture password is better.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:39 PM
    I'm new to the forum but do they ( blackberry dev ) interact and implement ideas from this forum?
    10-18-14 09:42 PM
    -'select all' feature for text
    -app icon self-alignment in folders
    -date showing in "peek view"
    -quick settings toggle for "data services"
    -emergency contact info accessible from lock screen

Posted via CB10
    Select all? You mean like this?
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Feature Requests-img_20141019_094207.png

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:42 PM
    • A new NFC trigger that puts the phone in bedside mode,
    • Have the browser display a warning dialog if you try to close it when more than one tab is open,
    • Install bar files OTA like we can do with apk files now.
    10-19-14 12:27 PM
    Add hiding alarms in Calendar, can't believe I forgot that, it drives me crazy!

Posted via CB10
    Justin Taffner and djfawbz like this.
    10-21-14 01:17 AM
    Select all? You mean like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_094207.png 
Views:	1017 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	307200

Posted via CB10
    Learned something new today, thanks!
    10-21-14 01:40 AM