I have an unlocked device. I've even owned another unlocked BlackBerry before this one, and I've never gotten updates.

Posted via CB10
    that's just because you are on the wrong provider... it doesn't really matter if you buy it unlocked or not... your network provider is the one realsing the updates to you...

I would highly recommend you to look into the Sachesi thingie and enjoy life
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-15 04:35 PM
    So what happens if I bought the phone out right and my carrier doesnt even sell the device? It is unlikely they will spend time to approve any updates. I still expect to get them.

Are you telling me that I wont?
    YES! (speaking from experience as I'm on Videotron network and they do have the Z10 but not the Z30, so my Z10 gets the updates pushed but not the Z30)...

That's why it is so nice that people around release leaks all the time... you can get your little dirty hands on the latest/hottest BB10 OS, or you can decide to stick with a nice released version from ANY carrier ANYWHERE in the world... Sachesi is your friend
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-15 04:40 PM
    So what happens if I bought the phone out right and my carrier doesnt even sell the device? It is unlikely they will spend time to approve any updates. I still expect to get them.

Are you telling me that I wont?
    I have a question. in Turkey my cell operator brand Turkcell provided 10.2 but what if they won't support 10.3.1? Because BIS is not running here anymore so I have some concern about new update here. If they won't publish the official 10.3.1 OS, will it be possible to download from anywhere else like leaked ones?

PS: Sorry for my non-Shakespeare English.
    Use Sachesi, use a country and operator code that you like and you'll we able to download the "official" update released by that provider. Then use Sachesi and install it on your device...

Once you are comfortable with this... then try some leaked ones... as they are all digitally signed by BB, so except for bugs you don't actually have any other risks (leaks are NOT the equivalent of rooting your device in Android/iOS world)
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-19-15 04:45 PM
    I purchased an unlocked Z30 direct from BlackBerry. The OS 10 updated with an alert. Updated using wi-fi OTA. I use a pre paid from T-Mobile. Any apps that I have also updated with an alert. I hope 10.3 will do the same.
    01-19-15 04:55 PM
    I purchased an unlocked Z30 direct from BlackBerry. The OS 10 updated with an alert. Updated using wi-fi OTA. I use a pre paid from T-Mobile. Any apps that I have also updated with an alert. I hope 10.3 will do the same.
    It should. But rumors are also pointing out that this update will be pushed directly from BlackBerry instead of the carrier.
    gfondeur and arifbsantoso like this.
    01-19-15 09:08 PM
    I thought I received a 10.3 update over the air after getting my unlocked passport that's on at&t. Unless I remember wrong maybe.
    01-19-15 10:04 PM
    It should. But rumors are also pointing out that this update will be pushed directly from BlackBerry instead of the carrier.
    I'm really hoping those rumors become for real
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-20-15 12:09 AM
    I would be possible to use an autoloader to put the new OS on your phone, and if it doesn't work, you can always go back to the older OS. You will loose all your data using an autoloader, so backup the phone first.

It may not be BIS, but some carriers have forced the new BlackBerry phones use a specific plan in order to enable connection to the BlackBerry network. In addition, when the BB10 phones came out, some carriers did not support them and the users could not get a data connection. After a bit of time this problem was solved. I suspect it was something they had to do on their network to connect the new phones to the BlackBerry infrastructure. In other words, Turkcell may have to set something up in their network software to allow 10.3.1 to connect to the BlackBerry network.
    I installed the leaked 10.3.1 before, but I needed to re-install 10.2 because of 10.3's battery consuming performance. I would be thankful for autoloader. I backup my datas every week anyway, it will not a big deal to use my chance. Thanks for you attention.
    01-20-15 02:17 AM
    My BlackBerry phones are all on the same network. Factory unlocked devices I purchased from official importer ALWAYS got updates on the day those were released, unlike those I purchased from the carrier

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 04:21 AM
    I have a question. in Turkey my cell operator brand Turkcell provided 10.2 but what if they won't support 10.3.1? Because BIS is not running here anymore so I have some concern about new update here. If they won't publish the official 10.3.1 OS, will it be possible to download from anywhere else like leaked ones?

PS: Sorry for my non-Shakespeare English.
    Merak etme en k�t� Şubat'a geliyor s�r�m turkcell vodafone farketmez

Ayrıca leaked de kalsan bile yeniden en g�ncel s�r�m� indirecektır telefona
    From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    01-20-15 06:09 AM
    So if that is true we at INDIA will see it only in mid March.

Posted via CB10
    Dear Indian and other friend, you do not know Brazil , believe 10.3.1 depends operators and political cloth , must leave in February 2018. This is the perpesctiv of my country.

you can see the price of Passport , worldwide US $ 599 , US $ 1031 in Brazil
    01-20-15 06:16 AM
    I am in the UK and just spoke with a bunch of BlackBerry reps visit and demonstrating the new Classic in a pop up stand. They've been told to expect the release of 10.1.3 at the end of January. I hope they are right
    01-20-15 06:43 AM
    Use BlackBerry Link, if you are not using it you are missing out on a lot of features. Just plug your phone into your computer using your USB Cable BlackBerry Link will install automatically. It is very much improved over the last year. Check for updates is easy.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:46 AM
    When I read threads about loading leaks I often wonder how many enterprise users out there can use Sachesi?

I know I am blocked so I cannot...so I am one who truly has no choice but to wait.

Now that being said, I can just use an autoloader and call IT for a new activation...

I wonder how many times however can I take from that well before getting slapped?

Fortunately I am on Bell and typically the updates are pretty quick once BB releases them.
    01-20-15 08:29 AM
    When I read threads about loading leaks I often wonder how many enterprise users out there can use Sachesi?

I know I am blocked so I cannot...so I am one who truly has no choice but to wait.

Now that being said, I can just use an autoloader and call IT for a new activation...

I wonder how many times however can I take from that well before getting slapped?

Fortunately I am on Bell and typically the updates are pretty quick once BB releases them.
    Fortunately for me, I have a strong relationship with my BES Admin.

I certainly would keep it to a minimum, don't load every leak, maybe keep to the high 1xxx type builds. If your BES Admin looks, he'll notice you're on a leaked build.
    01-20-15 08:47 AM
    After seeing 10.3.1 on my newly-arrived Classic, I no longer care when/if it is released for other BB10 devices. I will certainly not install it on my Q10 or Z30. I hate the new Calendar app and also the big blue circle everywhere. It's just wrong!
    01-20-15 01:05 PM
    same for me - I bought an unlocked passport, not ties to stupid Canadian 2 year contract laws, only way to go
    01-20-15 07:54 PM
    After seeing 10.3.1 on my newly-arrived Classic, I no longer care when/if it is released for other BB10 devices. I will certainly not install it on my Q10 or Z30. I hate the new Calendar app and also the big blue circle everywhere. It's just wrong!
    Big Blue Circle? Can post up some screenshots of the bits you dislike?

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    01-21-15 02:23 AM
    Here's my answer to this topic.

Enjoy the reality.
    01-21-15 03:09 AM
    Merak etme en k�t� Şubat'a geliyor s�r�m turkcell vodafone farketmez

Ayrıca leaked de kalsan bile yeniden en g�ncel s�r�m� indirecektır telefona
    From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    Aslında bug�n tam da bu hususu araştıracaktım, leak s�r�m� y�kledim. Gayet de başarılı buldum pil konusu dahil. Madem leak olmasına karşın g�ncelleme sağlanacak, bana da sabırla beklemek d�şer. Teşekk�r ederim.
    01-21-15 03:15 AM
    Guess you're looking for another platform then, it's supposed to represent the signature action/ most likely to use. (Apps can change it's colour for themselves)
    01-21-15 03:23 AM
    I'm waiting for 10.4 *dancing*

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 03:35 AM
    Aslında bug�n tam da bu hususu araştıracaktım, leak s�r�m� y�kledim. Gayet de başarılı buldum pil konusu dahil. Madem leak olmasına karşın g�ncelleme sağlanacak, bana da sabırla beklemek d�şer. Teşekk�r ederim.
    Thats easy for you to say...
    01-21-15 03:35 AM
    Guess you're looking for another platform then, it's supposed to represent the signature action/ most likely to use. (Apps can change it's colour for themselves)
    Not so fast, buddy! I will keep using my beautiful Q10 and Z30 on 10.2.1 for now. I have a feeling they will improve the UI of the OS/Calendar app in the future updates since the reviews on it on the Crackberry forums have not generally been favorable so far.
    01-21-15 05:17 AM
    Big Blue Circle? Can post up some screenshots of the bits you dislike?

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport

BlackBerry 10.3.1 is coming!-img_20150121_124441.png

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.1.2072)
    01-21-15 05:45 AM
77 1234