I am proposing that Blackberry makes available a month view screen that shows detailed events like something that we are accustomed to seeing on desktop screens. (i.e. shows all of the writings.) Instead of a DOT or VERTICAL BARS, say "10 am: Meeting with X-Men" and "1 pm: Lunch with the Raptors Managing Team". CalenGoo and BusinessCalendar and so many android apps do this. Blackberry can easily do this and really show off the large screens on the Passport.
    fredvabu likes this.
    04-25-15 06:40 PM
    I am proposing that Blackberry makes available a month view screen that shows detailed events like something that we are accustomed to seeing on desktop screens. (i.e. shows all of the writings.) Instead of a DOT or VERTICAL BARS, say "10 am: Meeting with X-Men" and "1 pm: Lunch with the Raptors Managing Team". CalenGoo and BusinessCalendar and so many android apps do this. Blackberry can easily do this and really show off the large screens on the Passport.
    04-25-15 06:49 PM
    The agenda view used to do this nicely. You could see all and only your appointments, search or scroll until you found it. Now the agenda shows one week at a time so you can forget about that...
    04-25-15 08:20 PM
    The calendar is subject to intensive work by BlackBerry team. Hopefully we will see more improvements in next beta release.
    04-25-15 08:27 PM
    Yuo guys whine too much. You don't like your BlackBerry? Thrash it and get yourself an iphone or android. Just leave the real geniuses to handle BlackBerry.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-26-15 05:08 AM
    Yuo guys whine too much. You don't like your BlackBerry? Thrash it and get yourself an iphone or android. Just leave the real geniuses to handle BlackBerry.

Are you talking about the geniuses who designed the dots and circles in the month view? If yes, NO, thanks!
    04-26-15 05:59 AM

Oh dear.

04-26-15 06:01 AM

Then there were two BB owners and BBM went silent. Good thing you're not the goodwill Ambassador for the device with less than 1% market share. Or are you and is that the problem???
    04-26-15 10:32 PM
    There are two kind of people in CB. Real blackberry user who even when they complain, they do it constructively. But when it is more like blaming, i'm sorry, its just a bunch of whining and not constructive at all.

04-27-15 12:48 AM
    Next in the list of signs of an ailing-brand user community that is going down the drain:

+ Dividing members into "real fans" and what amounts to "enemies": Check! (I have been specifically waiting to see this one crop up)
    04-27-15 02:52 AM
    As much as I want Blend and the updated Android engine I am still sticking with 10.2.xx. It has the better calendar, in my opinion, and is less bloated.
    04-27-15 05:40 AM
    Can you select default calendar to insert items into?

It pisses me off that I have to switch the calendar all the time when adding new events.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    04-27-15 06:17 AM
    Can you select default calendar to insert items into?

It pisses me off that I have to switch the calendar all the time when adding new events.

Posted via CB10
    Settings>Accounts>Set Defaults

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:35 AM
    Settings>Accounts>Set Defaults

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I don't use the local calendar, and despite me having turned it off, it was always the default. I thought the setting used to be in the calendar app, and I couldn't find it (using 10.3.2 now). You'd think if a calendar was hidden, the app wouldn't just tell me my default is hidden, but rather allow me to change the default based on that context.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-27-15 12:40 PM
    ******* Not all user cases are the same - opening disclaimer! *******

Many/most of my calendar adds are via email. Either an invite, or FROM an open email I choose the overflow then Invite to Meeting. This triggers the calendar app to choose the calendar associated with that particular email. Then I just delete any invites generated if I don't want to actually invite the other recipients.

Not sure how but, when I use the "Add/+" icon from app itself, it defaults to my MS Exchange Activesync account / company email related calendar (non-BES, regular old personally owned Passport). Does it change based on the last appointment saved, or does it default to a user defined account? It seems the only way I can add to another calendar is to manually switch on the toggles when adding an event. Of course, unless I create the event from an email- then as stated above, it defaults to that account.

Seems Local Calendar never comes into play, unless I'm not understanding what Local Calendar is????

EDIT to add: PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    04-27-15 02:02 PM
    ******* Not all user cases are the same - opening disclaimer! *******

Many/most of my calendar adds are via email. Either an invite, or FROM an open email I choose the overflow then Invite to Meeting. This triggers the calendar app to choose the calendar associated with that particular email. Then I just delete any invites generated if I don't want to actually invite the other recipients.

Not sure how but, when I use the "Add/+" icon from app itself, it defaults to my MS Exchange Activesync account / company email related calendar (non-BES, regular old personally owned Passport). Does it change based on the last appointment saved, or does it default to a user defined account? It seems the only way I can add to another calendar is to manually switch on the toggles when adding an event. Of course, unless I create the event from an email- then as stated above, it defaults to that account.

Seems Local Calendar never comes into play, unless I'm not understanding what Local Calendar is????

EDIT to add: PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    Go change the default calendar.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:49 PM
    Thanks! I don't use the local calendar, and despite me having turned it off, it was always the default. I thought the setting used to be in the calendar app, and I couldn't find it (using 10.3.2 now). You'd think if a calendar was hidden, the app wouldn't just tell me my default is hidden, but rather allow me to change the default based on that context.
    Put the calendar settings in the actual calendar??? What a concept. Who would have thunk???

Not sure why this device pushes the local repositories when people have wireless sync turned on??? This seems to be the source of duplicates.
    04-27-15 07:36 PM
    +1.
    Totally agree. For now the agenda is the only point that makes me regret having a blackberry 10
    05-04-15 03:53 AM
    The calendar is subject to intensive work by BlackBerry team. Hopefully we will see more improvements in next beta release.
    How do you know this to be a fact?

Posted via Q10 CB10
    05-07-15 05:00 PM
    At first I didn't like the new calendar but after I got used to it I love it. When 10.3.2 is released bringing back the expanding numbers that will be the icing on the cake. To all of you that don't like it I say give it a chance.... I especially like leaving it open in an active frame which shows your appointments for the day.

Posted via CB10
    I gave it a chance for 6 weeks. It's a disaster and as was OS 10.3.1 for me. I'm back on 10.2.1 and the Calendar is an improvement both in function and visual aesthetics compared to the "update".

Posted via Q10 CB10
    allwi likes this.
    05-07-15 05:06 PM
    Clewley said so recently. Keep faith
    05-07-15 05:10 PM
    Found an empty day...

Attachment 348376

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for posting that.
    I have one question: are you using the "Dark Background"?
    When I was on 10.3.1 Dark Background showed up with a white display, hence my question.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    05-07-15 05:16 PM
    Thank you for posting that.
    I have one question: are you using the "Dark Background"?
    When I was on 10.3.1 Dark Background showed up with a white display, hence my question.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    no, I use light background. I hate dark background.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    05-08-15 09:54 AM
    June is looking so much better now.
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150602_144939.png

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:50 PM
    Getting better...

They still need to run that "Add" button through the photo copier at about 75%...
    mefretwell and Velocitymj like this.
    06-02-15 05:07 PM
611 ... 2122232425