Attachment 340124

On that example I've got 6 events on the same day yet, I only see one dot. On the day before I have one event, and also only see one dot!

Where is the logic?

Posted via CB10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243 )
    It's toddler logic. That's why it was designed that way.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-10-15 08:04 AM
    Logic? Aren't you expecting too much? There are many posts that say BlackBerry fans are unreasonable and expect too much! :-)
    The core BlackBerry user is a very busy individual and likely does require fairly sophisticated calendar and messaging tools.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    DocDRM, gvs1341 and Velocitymj like this.
    03-10-15 08:43 AM
    The core BlackBerry user is a very busy individual and likely does require fairly sophisticated calendar and messaging tools.

That is correct.

This is why I choose BlackBerry. For productivity that is accomplished with minimum app requirement.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2267)
    DocDRM and Velocitymj like this.
    03-10-15 09:17 AM
    Who are you???
    I'm a business owner and the Calendar, which is instrumental in running my business, has been flawed since the beginning of OS10.
    And there are thousands of people with the same complaint.
    I'm glad this thread has been posted, because this thread is providing useful information.
    If it's this bad then, it looks like I'm going to be getting rid of BlackBerry in part, because of the liability the phone has become due to the Calendar not able to meet our needs in time critical situations.
    So, if you don't like the criticism, then don't read it and don't post your uninformative whining and as you said, save us all some trouble.
    "The Dangerous Delusions Of A BlackBerry Fanboy"
    I have not had problems with the calendar, but your point is well taken. For a business/ enterprise phone, this feature, along with contacts, is absokutely fundamental. Key apps like these require undivided attention by BlackBerry. All criticism should be helpful... bring it on..

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-10-15 09:48 AM
    Just a thought on those who find the 10.3 calendar awesome, particularly the 'coloured dots', I assume these people didn't get to experience how the 10.2 version was better given the presence of the growing numbers and vertical sidebars.

I really do not see those dots as something that helps us get the productivity out of the new calendar. Englighten me.

CB on Q10
    moyah8, gvs1341, endevour and 1 others like this.
    03-10-15 11:24 AM

Looks like you didn't notice the sarcasm (and the smiley) in my post!
    03-10-15 11:29 AM
    Looks like you didn't notice the sarcasm (and the smiley) in my post!
    Sorry, my bad. Need...more...sleep.

03-10-15 12:31 PM
    Just a thought on those who find the 10.3 calendar awesome, particularly the 'coloured dots'....
    Or for that matter - how do you feel that the coloured dots in the 10.3 version is more productive than the growing numbers and side bars?
    03-10-15 12:51 PM
    Or for that matter - how do you feel that the coloured dots in the 10.3 version is more productive than the growing numbers and side bars?
    I feel bad for those who are claiming this. Looks like they didn't get to experience the glory of 10.2. Probably jumped straight into the PP and Classic. How about you?

CB on Q10
    03-10-15 07:50 PM
    Most of the comments are (correctly) about the month view - but I also miss the old daily agenda view. In the old agenda we had the week on the top and could see by the awesome bars, how many meetings are on a specific day.
    With the perfect swipe support (swipe on the agenda -> next or previous day, swipe on the week header -> next or previous week) it was fast and effective. The new one is convoluted and the display is confusing (why are all days in BOLD). But again especially the lack of the bars makes it hard to see quickly which day is not already booked out.
    Lag_Fisher and gvs1341 like this.
    03-11-15 01:40 AM
    Most of the comments are (correctly) about the month view - but I also miss the old daily agenda view. In the old agenda we had the week on the top and could see by the awesome bars, how many meetings are on a specific day.
    With the perfect swipe support (swipe on the agenda -> next or previous day, swipe on the week header -> next or previous week) it was fast and effective. The new one is convoluted and the display is confusing (why are all days in BOLD). But again especially the lack of the bars makes it hard to see quickly which day is not already booked out.
    I agree.

See my example where different days with different amount of events are still only represented with one dot!

Posted via CB10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243 )
    03-11-15 02:08 AM
    I tweeted comment and link to this thread (when only 3 or pages long) to Clewley and Gary Klassen. Time to tweet again and remind them that this is one of the hottest topics here and at Beta Zone.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    More than happy to send a tweet - but I'm no Twitter expert (only follower) so how do I tweet TO Clewley? When I tried it, I got the info that I can only tweet to persons who are following me.
    03-11-15 06:52 AM
    More than happy to send a tweet - but I'm no Twitter expert (only follower) so how do I tweet TO Clewley? When I tried it, I got the info that I can only tweet to persons who are following me.
    Sounds like you were trying to send him a direct message. Just create a normal tweet with his twitter handle in the text.

By the way - Michael Clewley is @MichaelClewley and Gary Klassen is @gehr

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    allwi likes this.
    03-11-15 09:05 AM
    I also loved the 10.2.1 Calendar way more!!

What happens to me regularly is that if I'm in month view, I click on a day to see the appointments, and try to swipe left to go to the next day.
    But what happens?
    It doesn't go to the next day as in 10.2.1, it goes to an 'mulit-month-view'!

I find this disastrous, that users who already got used to the gestures now need to change, because the BlackBerry devs went making the app worse by trying to make it better.

Posted via CB10
    If you are in 'Day' view, looking at a particular single day of calendar, why not just look up to the top, where the entire week is displayed in a strip, and tap on the next day to go to the next day? No need to swipe at all to go to the next day. I do wholly agree though, that if you do swipe, going to default of the 6 month calendar is pretty stupid. Someone fried some brain cells the night before they cooked that one up.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    03-11-15 11:30 AM
    Sounds like you were trying to send him a direct message.
    Yes, I did
    Just create a normal tweet with his twitter handle in the text.

By the way - Michael Clewley is @MichaelClewley and Gary Klassen is @gehr
    And will do this now - thanks
    DocDRM likes this.
    03-11-15 02:42 PM
    I purposely avoided twitter and such, but I'm now wishing I had hopped on the bandwagon just to be able to tweet at companies when they do stupid stuff like this.

Are people getting after bbry for the calendar on twitter and such? I ask this because of some of the recent comments in here. Is it worth the effort?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 03:03 PM
    I purposely avoided twitter and such, but I'm now wishing I had hopped on the bandwagon just to be able to tweet at companies when they do stupid stuff like this.

Are people getting after bbry for the calendar on twitter and such? I ask this because of some of the recent comments in here. Is it worth the effort?

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's a means of communicating that peeps are voicing their disgust at.

In retrospect, this sort of thing should not be needed as people's opinion of not liking this calendar UI was said before official release, but seems to have been ignored by BlackBerry.

Welcome to the party. :-)

03-14-15 03:15 PM
    The more I use this calendar the more annoying if gets. The dots are just useless and don't tell me anything about my days.

03-14-15 04:28 PM
    Well, that's a means of communicating that peeps are voicing their disgust at.

In retrospect, this sort of thing should not be needed as people's opinion of not liking this calendar UI was said before official release, but seems to have been ignored by BlackBerry.

Welcome to the party. :-)

I've been making threads since the first 10.3 leaks, don't worry.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher and moyah8 like this.
    03-14-15 07:45 PM
    Prefer old 10.2 calendar too.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    03-14-15 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can reply directly to BlackBerry in their forums. Seems they think that this update is a big step forward and they're looking for suggestions to take it even "further".
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...3051653#M10149

Posted via Q10 CB10
    allwi likes this.
    03-15-15 01:05 AM
    I also find the new calendar to have more lag than the old one with the clear delay in loading all the colored dots for each day.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:49 AM
    I've just fired up my 9780 and boy how beautiful and effective that calendar was!

Lag_Fisher and Droidophobe like this.
    03-15-15 06:58 AM
    I've just fired up my 9780 and boy how beautiful and effective that calendar was!

Yeah, there Are quite a few things that have been abysmally crippled in BB10 compared to BBOS...

Posted via CB10
    moyah8, Droidophobe and DocDRM like this.
    03-15-15 09:35 PM
    I'm with you here. That is the view I use the most & it's not nearly as good on 10.3.1 as it was on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:00 PM
611 ... 1314151617 ...