I am out of my mind about this. Had made notes in the calendar app for meetings that are now gone. I love my BlackBerry but this is making me want to sell it and jump platforms. Or maybe just go back to my Palm Tungsten.
    How can they still consider this a business tool with that kind of bs?

Posted via CB10
    What account are you syncing your calendar with?

I use Outlook.com and I see there's a Sync timeframe option of up to 6 months.
    10-26-15 04:12 PM
    What account are you syncing your calendar with?

I use Outlook.com and I see there's a Sync timeframe option of up to 6 months.
    This thread is about BlackBerry's native Calendar app., not Outlook, not Entourage and not Gmail's calendar.
    For some reason, people seem to confuse Outlook or Gmail with BB's native Calendar app. in these discussions.
    Probably because those are popular Calendars for Windows users and available as an app on BB.
    10-27-15 10:57 AM
    This thread is about BlackBerry's native Calendar app., not Outlook, not Entourage and not Gmail's calendar.
    For some reason, people seem to confuse Outlook or Gmail with BB's native Calendar app. in these discussions.
    Probably because those are popular Calendars for Windows users and available as an app on BB.

I too am talking about the native calendar app. Here's the setting showing a 6 month sync time frame for the Outlook.com data in the native app.

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20151027_090810.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:10 AM
    "I too am talking about the native calendar app. Here's the setting showing a 6 month sync time frame for the Outlook.com data in the native app. "

I don't know anything about setting up another calendar to work through the native app. which is, I assume, what you've done with Outlook and BlackBerry's Calendar app (?).
    I think that the key is that you are using "Outlook", which is not a native app that comes with the phone or at least didn't with my Q10.
    Not that I would change my Calendar system and not just because I've been using iCal for 11 years (and it syncs perfectly with my Bold).
    But also because my company does a lot of work in areas where there isn't any wifi or cell phone signal, so we can't rely on something that is located online.
    The top of my photo is the sync and set up screenshot for the BlackBerry Calendar on my Q10 (directing the user to BlackBerry Link on the computer) and the bottom is a screenshot of the Calendar set up on BB Link.
    There is no adjustment.
    The third pic is a screenshot that someone else posted as proof that I was incorrect, who also mistakenly thought BB's native Calendar held onto dates for 6 months, but he is actually using Outlook.
    As you can see, his set up is for "Outlook.office365.com", while yours doesn't indicate what calendar your using.
    Another person also thought the same thing as you two and they sent me a screen shot and it turned out that they were using Gmail.
    Gmail holds onto dates indefinitely unless deleted.

I've spoken with a Tier 2 support tech about this and they are aware that there is no adjustment for data retention with the native Calendar.
    Their recommendation was that I "use Outlook".

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-screen-shot-2015-10-27-12.02.39-pm.jpg

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-screen-shot-2015-10-27-12.12.48-pm.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-27-15 at 03:24 PM.
    10-27-15 02:17 PM
    Eh? My calendar entries stay forever on my Classic.
    10-27-15 04:01 PM
    Well, either BlackBerry fixed that problem with the 10.3.2 update, or you're using Gmail's calendar?
    If BlackBerry fixed the problem w/10.3.2, then I'll update to it.
    10-29-15 11:37 PM
    Hmmm...my recurrent appointments stay on my calendar but my one-time appointments do not. Can you check your calendar? I am using the most recent VZW (10.3.2.858)
    10-30-15 07:48 AM
    I think that the key is that you are using "Outlook", which is not a native app that comes with the phone or at least didn't with my Q10.
    No, nobody is using the Outlook app. They're using the native calendar which is sync'd with the Outlook service. Key here is "sync'd" So even in no-coverage zones, you should still be able to add/remove stuff from it and it'll sync when connected again.
    10-30-15 10:55 AM
    Simply using BB Calendar on phone only.
    10-30-15 07:59 PM
    Simply using BB Calendar on phone only.
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:42 AM
    No, nobody is using the Outlook app. They're using the native calendar which is sync'd with the Outlook service. Key here is "sync'd" So even in no-coverage zones, you should still be able to add/remove stuff from it and it'll sync when connected again.
    Thanks for explaining that.
    From what I've read, that's internet app isn't it?
    Anyway, without using Outlook we're stuck w/ only 29 day's.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:47 AM
611 ... 232425