Hey all.

Sorry if this issue has been posted. But I just have a question / issue :

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150306_092541.png

Basically, as you can see it says Friday, March 6th down below. Look up on the calendar, and it has the 6th on Saturday, which of course is crazy talk. I go to agenda view,and it's all good. Is this just a bug, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:34 AM
    Just checked mine and the 6th shows as Friday.
    03-06-15 08:11 AM
    Mine's friday too.

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 09:04 AM
    Did a restart of the phone, and everything is back to normal. Good deal, thanks.

Just checked mine and the 6th shows as Friday.
    03-06-15 09:10 AM
    Not sure if I've seen this before: is it possible to sideload the 10.3.0 calendar on top of 10.3.1? Maybe 10.3.0 is more compatible than 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-06-15 10:16 AM
    I already posted a thread in the Beta Zone about this issue and so far no response yet from BlackBerry or the site's moderators (in case they do interact with BB users).

CB on Q10
    I bet that was your thread I found last night on Beta Zone. I added my comment too. I've done some tweets and I've responded to others with the same opinion on Clewley's BBM channel about 10.3.1. The more visible we are, the better chance it'll be seen. I can't believe that apparently Michael Clewley only knew about the Passport flickering issue after 10.3.1 was released. That means the channels for reporting issues basically doesn't exist or aren't taken seriously at all.
    03-06-15 10:51 AM
    I bet that was your thread I found last night on Beta Zone. I added my comment too. I've done some tweets and I've responded to others with the same opinion on Clewley's BBM channel about 10.3.1. The more visible we are, the better chance it'll be seen. I can't believe that apparently Michael Clewley only knew about the Passport flickering issue after 10.3.1 was released. That means the channels for reporting issues basically doesn't exist or aren't taken seriously at all.
    Or perhaps we generally aren't taken seriously by BlackBerry. It would somehow appease people if they sort of acknowledge these issues and publicly state that they are working on it.

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 11:41 AM
    Can you please post the subject of the thread so that we can all also add our voices.

03-06-15 11:41 AM
    I think it less about not being taken seriously, it is more about having to compete and get the product out ASAP, even with known bugs that would be addressed after release at some point.
    If they would wait to release stuff every time until all the bugs are out. They would not compete at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:44 AM
    Can you please post the subject of the thread so that we can all also add our voices.

Sure, it's under Global BlackBerry 10 Community, General BB10 Discussion: "10.3 Calendar key features gone"
    deltact likes this.
    03-06-15 12:20 PM
    Sure, it's under Global BlackBerry 10 Community, General BB10 Discussion: "10.3 Calendar key features gone"
    Yup, that's the thread. Courtesy of Lagertha Fisher now fishing for a cheap temporary android phone with a somewhat more functional calendar than my still-precious BlackBerry. And no, I'm not a Viking.

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 01:00 PM
    Yup, that's the thread. Courtesy of Lagertha Fisher now fishing for a cheap temporary android phone with a somewhat more functional calendar than my still-precious BlackBerry. And no, I'm not a Viking.

CB on Q10
    VERY Off Topic - That shield maiden is BAD ARSE! And FINE! Last night's episode was great. Need a Vikings BBM Channel.
    03-06-15 01:06 PM
    VERY Off Topic - That shield maiden is BAD ARSE! And FINE! Last night's episode was great. Need a Vikings BBM Channel.
    Off topic indeed. And people had been talking about it in front of my face that I am now considering legal options to change my birth name as it wasn't my choice at all.

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 01:11 PM
    Hey all.

Sorry if this issue has been posted. But I just have a question / issue :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150306_092541.png 
Views:	639 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	339279

Basically, as you can see it says Friday, March 6th down below. Look up on the calendar, and it has the 6th on Saturday, which of course is crazy talk. I go to agenda view,and it's all good. Is this just a bug, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    That's really weird! BlackBerry calendar let's you change what you would like to see as the first day of the week (Monday or Sunday) but the date should still be correct!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    03-06-15 02:57 PM
    Not sure if I've seen this before: is it possible to sideload the 10.3.0 calendar on top of 10.3.1? Maybe 10.3.0 is more compatible than 10.2.1.

Yes, it's been asked. No, won't work.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    03-06-15 03:32 PM
    What in the world are you talking about? Microsoft Outlook is a full featured (some say bloated) desktop application that offers far more features than any smart phone app. It's a quite popular email program that also handles all kinds of tasks that people need to do their jobs. Many people consider phone email just as a temporary thing to use until they get back to their desktop email program, usually Outlook. Some people have hundreds of thousands of emails and other data stored in Outlook or on their server. No Smart phone has the gigabytes of storage available to handle that.

I'm guessing you are living in a dream world where iOS is perfect. Are you aware of the huge numbers of people that refuse to update to iOS 8 because it screws up so many things? I'm guessing you have never used other smart phones, they too have lots of bugs
    When you find ANY software that is bug free, you better buy a lotto ticket quick because you are pretty lucky. Why do people Jailbreak iPhones? Why do people constantly try new ROMs on Android phones? To work around limitations and bugs.

You try duplicating the features of an operating system that took 10 years to mature and do it in 4 years. Lets see how well you do.
    After 10 years of development, you call this mature???
    If I designed and installed an electrical or a lighting system in someone's home or office that was this buggy and problematic and didn't remedy it immediately, I would be sued and no one would ever use my company again.
    And lets not even go into the anger that my clients would have if I made them wait over a year, only to deliver a job as inferior as not only the Calendar, but a lot of other aspects of 10.3.1 and even 10.2.1.

Now with regard to the topic at hand:
    1. What is it that you don't understand regarding the fact that the Calendar on the BlackBerry OS10 is flawed, that BlackBerry acknowledges this and "doesn't have a resolution planned in the near future"????
    2. What is that you don't understand about BB Calendar apparently being the only phone Calendar that automatically deletes data after 30 days????
    3. What is that you don't understand about the fact that using Outlook is a work around and that we shouldn't have to use it as an alternative????
    4. What is it that you don't understand about the fact that this problem doesn't exist with BB OS7 and that it synced perfectly with iCal????
    5. What is it that you don't understand about the fact that I don't want to and shouldn't have to use "Outlook"???
    I'm on a Mac and I use iCal, do you understand that?
    I want a plug and play phone, not some phone that I have to create work arounds with in order to get a standard app to work.

As for your accusation that I'm living in a dream world, I would have to agree, but for different reasons. See, I had some illusion that BlackBerry would fix the long standing problems with OS10 after 2 years. And that we would get something even better than it was and well executed at that.
    But they haven't. And it isn't.
    But even in my supposed dream world, I wouldn't have imagined that they would have removed abilities from an app.

My first smart phone was a Sony Ericsson P-900 (11 years ago). Probably the first real smart phone on the market. It was Symbian based.
    It was a touch screen and qwerty and deep in it's capabilities for the time. And one of, if not the first phone to access the internet (albeit it was so slow as to be not worth it).
    And it had perfect sync with both Apple's iCal and Contact Groups. It was a very well thought out and executed phone. Really set a benchmark, in my opinion.
    And it was not buggy by any means. It's only flaw was it's internet speed. But that was before iPhone and LTG, etc.
    I eventually bought a Bold but when it froze up the first week of owning it and online info showed that people with the same problem had to send their phones in for a repair of two weeks or longer, I returned it and bought an iPhone. .
    When that got stolen, I went back to my P900.
    When that was lost, I again bought a BlackBerry, the Bold 9900. Outside of constant "uncaught exceptions" it was great.

Now I have both a Q10 and a 5s.
    I kept the 5s because the apk apps are unreliable on the Q10. Esp. Square Register and the iPhone is a reliable back up for credit card processing and now to assure that I can, in a time sensitive situation, look up information relating to certain dates that occurred over 30 days ago.
    Bottom line, is that I've used both and I know which one works without issues. That would be the iPhone.
    But the phone I prefer on other levels, is the Q10.
    People jailbreak phones so that they can use them with their carriers, because for a long time only AT&T carried the iPhone, which was the only "limitation" about owning one that would relate to a jailbreak and something that I have never heard referred to as a "bug".
    I'm glad that you're a fan of the BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 03-06-15 at 10:43 PM.
    03-06-15 10:21 PM
    Thanks, I've added my feedback.

03-06-15 11:55 PM
    Thanks, I've added my feedback.

Thanks! We have to keep our voices up and make sure that BlackBerry will listen to us. Daydreaming right?

CB on Q10
    03-07-15 12:39 AM
    Could you please share the link to it so we can find it more easily? Or is it just for Beta Zones members?

03-07-15 04:08 AM
    Calendar and contact don't sync correctly. Some can integrated and some not. Specially if you doing restore backup for Contract.
    No option to correct it. Just delete contact then input all again. Then everything OK. But for 600 contact .
    Contact is..... I cannot say anymore. If you do backup restore then you have some email...LinkedIn etc... disasters...
    It not happen for my BlackBerry OS 7. I am still using it.
    For office email, security, email calendar OK.
    But like birthday etc double contact etc... wuihhh.
    Hope it will fix or someone in BlackBerry notice and willing to fixed it.
    Backup restore = disaster for contact

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 04:39 AM
    Could you please share the link to it so we can find it more easily? Or is it just for Beta Zones members?

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/29385

I think you have to log-in / register.

CB on Q10
    muindor likes this.
    03-07-15 06:48 AM
    I prefer the new version. Granted I've been using it since I got the passport in October. The calendar changed with 10.3, only the look changed with 10.3.1.

The calendar essentially operates in real time now. So when you touch a day to view appointments, it doesn't open the day as a separate item; it rather opens the day up via a drop down menu, for lack of a better term. Instead of swiping right or left to see the next or previous day, you just click on the day you want in that week. Swiping right or left when viewing a day does the same thing as when you're viewing the monthly view. If you want to go back to the monthly view, simply touch the bar in the view that tells you the date and what week it is. Some might find that inconvenient, I find it useful.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    03-07-15 07:46 AM
    I prefer the new version. Granted I've been using it since I got the passport in October. The calendar changed with 10.3, only the look changed with 10.3.1.

The calendar essentially operates in real time now. So when you touch a day to view appointments, it doesn't open the day as a separate item; it rather opens the day up via a drop down menu, for lack of a better term. Instead of swiping right or left to see the next or previous day, you just click on the day you want in that week. Swiping right or left when viewing a day does the same thing as when you're viewing the monthly view. If you want to go back to the monthly view, simply touch the bar in the view that tells you the date and what week it is. Some might find that inconvenient, I find it useful.

JB

As mentioned hundred times before, the essence of the complaints are the stupid dots in the monthly view. It doesn't tell you anything, it's just confusing and embarrassing to look at.
    Almost everyone complaining wants the growing numbers and the side bars back, because that gave you the fastest and efficient overview of the month.

gvs1341 likes this.
    03-07-15 08:43 AM

JB

Have you even tried using the 10.2 calendar? Everything you mentioned here is something that we all know. And as mentioned by the post before this, we're after the growing numbers and vertical sidebars. Not those useless dots and squares.

CB on Q10
    03-07-15 09:14 AM
    Calendar works for me. It's a calendar...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:19 AM
611 ... 1011121314 ...