Love the new calendar, so easy now to add a meeting with spoken word to blackberry assistant. My Two cents

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:16 PM
    Love the new calendar, so easy now to add a meeting with spoken word to blackberry assistant. My Two cents

Posted via CB10
    That's because of changes to the assistant, not the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:21 PM
    I just find that my needs seem to be very simple.
    1) easily add meetings/qppointments to my calendar with blkberry assistant. Fantastic! No need to type it in anymore.
    2) easily see the meetings when I open my calendar.
    3) reminded of my daily appointments.

That's it,im good!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:38 PM
    1) easily add meetings/qppointments to my calendar with blkberry assistant. Fantastic! No need to type it in anymore.

That's it,im good!

Posted via CB10
    If you find the 10.3 Calendar to be very simple, I'm wondering how more simpler the 10.2 will be.

CB on Q10
    03-03-15 10:29 PM

That's it,im good!

How simple is this?

Posted via CB10

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150227_214932.png

CB on Q10
    03-03-15 10:30 PM
    That is a step forward. The new Month View is a step backward, so unfortunately 10.3.1 is not a win-win when it comes to the calendar.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    I completely disagree. I liked the daily agenda. I hate the weekly Agenda view. Most of the time I just need to deal with today. I can switch to the Weekly view when looking for available time.

I currently have a Z30 running 10.2.1 as my primary BlackBerry and a BlackBerry Passport on my other hip as a secondary BlackBerry. They both have the same calendars. I much prefer the Z30 for calendar manipulation.

Understand, I make changes to my calendar quite often, moving things around and adding new ones throughout the day.

I've gotten used to the 10.3 calendar, but still don't like it.

My preference would be giving us the option of a weekly or daily Agenda and old or new Monthly view.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhanks64; 03-05-15 at 01:00 AM.
    03-03-15 11:42 PM
    Not having issues with syncing. If I'm not mistaken, there's a setting in Blend on how syncing & deletion of past appointments take place. My calendar is synced with my iCal (iOS) which is synced with my Outlook calendar and here in BlackBerry. Even after the new OS, my appointments last year are still here.

On the other hand, I agree with the rest of what you mentioned. Especially looking at the Month View. BlackBerry should be mindful of its users, especially those that utilize the calendar and the phone itself for business purposes. After all BlackBerry is a business tool, right?

CB on Q10
    I don't use Outlook. The reason why you have to use Outlook is because of the flaws in OS10.
    Outside of personalizing my phone and setting up the phones for my men, I don't have the time or the interest to do whatever it is that you are doing with Outlook.
    From my estimation, the only reason that people need to use Outlook, is because OS10 Calendar is flawed.
    You wouldn't need to use it, if it just functioned like calendar apps on all other phones.
    This problem didn't occur with OS7, which, was flawless and very deep in it's capabilities as a phone OS.
    Outside of leaving app windows open as frames and the hub, the only thing that OS10 has over OS7, is it's stability.
    The number of uncaught exception errors that I had on OS 7 was crazy. But on OS 10, not a single problem like that has occurred.
    I was in awe of OS10's stability, until I realized that iOS doesn't have any problems at all. It was an "oh" moment. I realized that OS stability with other phone platforms (or at least iOS) is normal.
    The quick launch and reliability of apps is normal on other phones and a given, while for us BB users, it's a delight when it happens (on non native apps).
    So many many basic operations, from editing to saving Calendar entries are a step backwards from OS7.
    And now the Calendar has gone another step or two back and from the way BB has acted in the last two years, they seem to think that we'll just get used to it.
    What BlackBerry has done, has used "hope" to lure us into complacency with those things that the OS10 lacks.
    They tried to do that with apps in the previous OS and that tanked them.
    Yes, there are some really great, unique features to OS10.2.1 and 3.1 and esp. the Q10.
    As of right now, we hold out hope that the next update will remove all of the bugs and provide fixes to OS10 that will give us all of the features we had with our Bolds and take our phones to their full potential.
    Just like we did for this most recent update. Just like we've been doing since the release of OS10.
    But they keep handing us a flawed product. What does that tell you?
    Dealing with problems in OS10 for us, has become a matter of, or rather, a habit of work-arounds (like using Outlook) and apk files for apps and we've slipped into this lazy acceptance of our situation with our phones.
    What other phone user has to think about loading a "radio" file and using Sachesi and auto loaders and whether something is "destructive or non destructive", etc., etc.?
    I'm so used to the stress of dealing with the hassle of editing and the calendar on my Q10 that when I do use the iPhone, I have this moment of surprise that I don't have to struggle to edit something or that I can find out what exactly we did on a job 4 months ago.
    This phone should be dead on with it's ability to do whatever any of the other phone platforms are doing as well as being flawless in the execution of the unique functions of BlackBerry OS10.
    And it's not any of that.
    And no matter how amazing the few unique features we have are, the overall experience confines the phones to the level of mediocrity.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 03-04-15 at 01:13 AM.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    03-04-15 12:53 AM
    I don't use Outlook. The reason why you have to use Outlook is because of the flaws in OS10.
    I didn't mentioned that I'm using Outlook because of the flaws in BlackBerry. I simply shared that my iCal is synced with Outlook and my BlackBerry. Why it is synced there? You don't know it. I'm sure with that. But since you are declaring something, I'd tell you. I'm simply using Outlook because my office laptop is Windows. So this makes my office laptop, iPad, and BlackBerry synced.

CB on Q10
    03-04-15 01:05 AM
    Anyone tried installing and using the Google Calendar on 10.3.1 (via Cobalt's apks)?

The latest version that comes with Lollipop (have to LoL at that name, could LoL become the acronym for Android Lollipop?) is as flattened as the 10.3.1's but is more usable.

 Q5 / Z30
    03-04-15 04:10 AM
    The thing about Android, WP and iOS is. You can use third party calendars like they are the stock calendar (they integrate with the OS). With Blackberry that isn't an option, no calendar apps and you are giving away headless/OS integration for an android one.

If you want to give up headless/OS integration functionality. Download sunrise calendar. Best calendar app to date. It's also a cloud calendar that is available on all platforms

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:14 AM
    If BlackBerry can't even get a simple productivity app like a Calendar right, then what's the point? (well...they did have it right in 10.2.1)

The hub is going to other platforms as announced by BlackBerry. I guess I'm only here for the keyboard now (an exaggeration, but it's looking more and more that way these days).

BlackBerry, get your **** together. This is embarrassing.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:51 AM
    If you want to give up headless/OS integration functionality. Download sunrise calendar. Best calendar app to date. It's also a cloud calendar that is available on all platforms

Posted via CB10
    From the screenshots and videos I've found, it looks like Sunrise's month view does not provide the growing numbers and side bar functionality that we are trying to replace.
    03-04-15 10:17 AM
    From the screenshots and videos I've found, it looks like Sunrise's month view does not provide the growing numbers and side bar functionality that we are trying to replace.
    well that ship has sailed. It's been the biggest complaint about 10.3 since July/August. Even the beta group with direct contact with BlackBerry couldn't even get it looked at.
    03-04-15 10:54 AM
    Yeah, I don't like the new "dots" visuals in the new 10.3 BlackBerry calendar. I prefer the old calendar with the colour bars on the side and the date numbers that grow larger with the more appointments in a given day.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    03-04-15 04:25 PM
    If BlackBerry can't even get a simple productivity app like a Calendar right, then what's the point? (well...they did have it right in 10.2.1)

The hub is going to other platforms as announced by BlackBerry. I guess I'm only here for the keyboard now (an exaggeration, but it's looking more and more that way these days).

BlackBerry, get your **** together. This is embarrassing.

Posted via CB10
    They giving away the HUB? OMG!!!!! I don't think I'll be proud of BlackBerry anymore. God must be crazy.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:12 PM
    They giving away the HUB? OMG!!!!! I don't think I'll be proud of BlackBerry anymore. God must be crazy.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure it will be monetized, perhaps as a BES12 subscription option. But I'm not sure there will be any takers if they give the 10.3.1 calendar away for free.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    03-04-15 08:25 PM
    Outside of personalizing my phone and setting up the phones for my men, I don't have the time or the interest to do whatever it is that you are doing with Outlook.
    From my estimation, the only reason that people need to use Outlook, is because OS10 Calendar is flawed.
    You wouldn't need to use it, if it just functioned like calendar apps on all other phones.
    What in the world are you talking about? Microsoft Outlook is a full featured (some say bloated) desktop application that offers far more features than any smart phone app. It's a quite popular email program that also handles all kinds of tasks that people need to do their jobs. Many people consider phone email just as a temporary thing to use until they get back to their desktop email program, usually Outlook. Some people have hundreds of thousands of emails and other data stored in Outlook or on their server. No Smart phone has the gigabytes of storage available to handle that.

I was in awe of OS10's stability, until I realized that iOS doesn't have any problems at all. It was an "oh" moment. I realized that OS stability with other phone platforms (or at least iOS) is normal.
    I'm guessing you are living in a dream world where iOS is perfect. Are you aware of the huge numbers of people that refuse to update to iOS 8 because it screws up so many things?
    The quick launch and reliability of apps is normal on other phones and a given, while for us BB users, it's a delight when it happens (on non native apps).
    I'm guessing you have never used other smart phones, they too have lots of bugs
    As of right now, we hold out hope that the next update will remove all of the bugs and provide fixes to OS10 that will give us all of the features we had with our Bolds and take our phones to their full potential.
    Just like we did for this most recent update. Just like we've been doing since the release of OS10.
    But they keep handing us a flawed product. What does that tell you?
    Dealing with problems in OS10 for us, has become a matter of, or rather, a habit of work-arounds (like using Outlook) and apk files for apps and we've slipped into this lazy acceptance of our situation with our phones.
    When you find ANY software that is bug free, you better buy a lotto ticket quick because you are pretty lucky.
    What other phone user has to think about loading a "radio" file and using Sachesi and auto loaders and whether something is "destructive or non destructive", etc., etc.?
    Why do people Jailbreak iPhones? Why do people constantly try new ROMs on Android phones? To work around limitations and bugs.
    I'm so used to the stress of dealing with the hassle of editing and the calendar on my Q10 that when I do use the iPhone, I have this moment of surprise that I don't have to struggle to edit something or that I can find out what exactly we did on a job 4 months ago.
    This phone should be dead on with it's ability to do whatever any of the other phone platforms are doing as well as being flawless in the execution of the unique functions of BlackBerry OS10.
    And it's not any of that.
    And no matter how amazing the few unique features we have are, the overall experience confines the phones to the level of mediocrity.
    You try duplicating the features of an operating system that took 10 years to mature and do it in 4 years. Lets see how well you do.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-05-15 01:15 AM
    But I'm not sure there will be any takers if they give the 10.3.1 calendar away for free.
    LOL.

But I'd gladly pay for the 10.2.1 calendar if it's available from BBRY in the App World!

 Q5 / Z30
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-05-15 01:15 AM
    What in the world are you talking about? Microsoft Outlook is a full featured (some say bloated) desktop application that offers far more features than any smart phone app. It's a quite popular email program that also handles all kinds of tasks that people need to do their jobs. Many people consider phone email just as a temporary thing to use until they get back to their desktop email program, usually Outlook. Some people have hundreds of thousands of emails and other data stored in Outlook or on their server. No Smart phone has the gigabytes of storage available to handle that.

I'm guessing you are living in a dream world where iOS is perfect. Are you aware of the huge numbers of people that refuse to update to iOS 8 because it screws up so many things? I'm guessing you have never used other smart phones, they too have lots of bugs
    When you find ANY software that is bug free, you better buy a lotto ticket quick because you are pretty lucky. Why do people Jailbreak iPhones? Why do people constantly try new ROMs on Android phones? To work around limitations and bugs.

You try duplicating the features of an operating system that took 10 years to mature and do it in 4 years. Lets see how well you do.
    BB10 isn't BlackBerry's first go-round you know. They have experience and they aren't exactly trailblazing.

This should be easy.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-05-15 08:39 PM
    My coworker got a new Note 4, and somehow the topic of calendars came up. He checked the calendar compared to his Galaxy S3, and the new calendar has a stupid green circle on each day of the month, whereas his old one you could actually see some details of events. So I don't know who originated the idea, whether it was Apple or Android, but BlackBerry shouldn't follow the crowd for some stupid aesthetic reason. BlackBerry is about productivity and efficiency (besides security), and this is a horrible change that leads to less productivity and efficiency. BlackBerry has certain strengths, and if they let go of them in the name of conformity, they lose the very reasons why people use BlackBerry in the first place. Conforming to Android or iPhone standards won't win them any users either. At the very least BlackBerry should add options to retain the old 10.2.1 functionality. That way power users don't get left behind in a fruitless quest to appease Android or iPhone users.
    deltact, moosbb, KR2013 and 1 others like this.
    03-05-15 09:03 PM
    It seems to be the awful trend nowadays to make everything look "cute" and infant style. I have no idea what the damn deal is with this ineptitude.

Next thing you know the put a colorful rattle bar at the bottom of phones and the headphones are gonna look like pacifiers on a cord.
    Would look good on a Galaxy S4 or S5 with the white shiny plastic back. They already look like a two way baby radio.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus and gvs1341 like this.
    03-05-15 09:12 PM
    Honestly guys, after reading the change log for iOS 8.2 and all of its bug fixes...I'll take the botched calendar and quirky VA glitch of 10.3.1 any day.

After seeing the slider, it's clear that BlackBerry is listening. I have faith a fix will be in the works for the next update.

emPowered by 
    03-05-15 09:28 PM
    BB10 isn't BlackBerry's first go-round you know. They have experience and they aren't exactly trailblazing.

This should be easy.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't know the first thing about software development.

Posted via CB10
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-06-15 02:59 AM
    I already posted a thread in the Beta Zone about this issue and so far no response yet from BlackBerry or the site's moderators (in case they do interact with BB users).

CB on Q10
    03-06-15 05:33 AM
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't know the first thing about software development.

Posted via CB10
    To not remove amazing features and debase an already great app? I know enough not to do that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 03-06-15 at 08:18 AM.
    03-06-15 06:20 AM
611 ... 910111213 ...