Yes. I have an iPhone 5s that I use for running credit cards (when we need to), since the operation of apk apps on the Q10 are unreliable.
    And the Calendar works great. No problems. And since I almost lost a new client, because of the BlackBerry calendar's automatic deletion of dates after 30 days, I have to keep the iPhone with me to avoid having to go back to the office to look up information contained in calendar date.
    My issues with the 10.3.1 calendar -
    A. only syncs one way: from the computer to the phone. Any dates entered out into the field have to be entered manually on the office computer. Defeats the purpose of the time saving element of syncing.
    BlackBerry blend doesn't seem to do anything with that in terms of syncing.
    B. 10.3.1 changes the color coding of one of specific business calendar entries to a personal calendar entry every time I run the sync
    Now I can't rely on the phone to provide accurate information.
    C. The dates on the computer calendar are now being erased after syncing them to the Q10.
    After 30 days those dates will be erased on the Q10, leaving me without any record of what transpired or the ability to reference jobs.
    I'm a contractor and we perform a lot of service calls every week. Those jobs are set up for specific dates and times. So the calendar is critical to the operation of my business, both for future jobs and for referencing past jobs.
    This operating system and specifically the calendar is destructive to the running of that portion of my business.
    D. Apple's iOS shows the full month when I open it. BlackBerry shows the weeks left only. If I want to see a full month view on the BlackBerry, I have to swipe to the left to bring up all of the months and then tap on the month I'm in to get a full view of the month in order to bring up any information that might be on a previous date (within the 30 day time period).
    And what about the GUI? Compared to Apple's iOS it looks cluttered, confusing and totally ugly. Look how large the numbers are. Almost the same width as the appointment dots.
    And it's not just the Calendar that's a problem for me.
    Even though the main phone# for my business is on the BlackBerry sim card, I'm going to try using Siri and see how it goes.
    I'm hoping the trade off between losing the ability to leave an app open and switch to another on the Q10, along with one key speed dialing, will be made up by the reliability of the iPhone and the use of Siri.
    deltact likes this.
    03-02-15 06:52 PM
    Slightly OT (but relevant)

Just updated my uncle's android from Kitkat 4.4.4 to Lollipop (LoL) 5.1 (both plain vanilla).

It's "missing" quite a few of the "familiar" UI elements too.

The calendar looses much of the borders and UI elements - everything's flattened - BUT - it works the same way as before. The user is a total tech noob but still found it familiar and as easy to use as before!

Maybe BlackBerry (sh/w)ould listen to its users - particularly for the fact that the CBians asking for 10.2 calendar's features are (mostly) professional business folks/ hard core/ long time BlackBerry users - who want to get stuff done fast and efficiently.

More OT
    In regards to the UI, Lollipop is to Kitkat what 10.3.1 is to 10.2.1 - without the inconsistencies of course - but then GGL has 100x software teams/ resources than BBRY.

 Q5 / Z30
    03-02-15 08:39 PM
    Agreed. Missing the10.2 calendar. It was visually more appealing and more informative with the varying sizes of the numbers and the vertical bar. It was perfect for managing my business and speaking engagements. This "new" format lacks the originality and the intuitive feel of the10.2 calendar. Disappointing!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    03-02-15 10:16 PM
    My issues with the 10.3.1 calendar -
    A. only syncs one way: from the computer to the phone. Any dates entered out into the field have to be entered manually on the office computer. Defeats the purpose of the time saving element of syncing.
    BlackBerry blend doesn't seem to do anything with that in terms of syncing.

C. The dates on the computer calendar are now being erased after syncing them to the Q10.
    After 30 days those dates will be erased on the Q10, leaving me without any record of what transpired or the ability to reference jobs.

D. Apple's iOS shows the full month when I open it. BlackBerry shows the weeks left only. If I want to see a full month view on the BlackBerry, I have to swipe to the left to bring up all of the months and then tap on the month I'm in to get a full view of the month in order to bring up any information that might be on a previous date (within the 30 day time period).
    And what about the GUI? Compared to Apple's iOS it looks cluttered, confusing and totally ugly. Look how large the numbers are. Almost the same width as the appointment dots.
    Not having issues with syncing. If I'm not mistaken, there's a setting in Blend on how syncing & deletion of past appointments take place. My calendar is synced with my iCal (iOS) which is synced with my Outlook calendar and here in BlackBerry. Even after the new OS, my appointments last year are still here.

On the other hand, I agree with the rest of what you mentioned. Especially looking at the Month View. BlackBerry should be mindful of its users, especially those that utilize the calendar and the phone itself for business purposes. After all BlackBerry is a business tool, right?

CB on Q10
    03-02-15 10:20 PM
    I'm so missing this calendar. I'm really having a hard time working with this new UI/functionality. Will give this another week or two and if there's no option, or at least confirmed response from Blackberry, that we can get back the previous calendar - again, particularly the growing numbers & vertical sidebars - I will most likely go back to OS 10.2.

CB on Q10
    How can I go back to 10.2.1? I need that calendar.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:30 PM
    How can I go back to 10.2.1? I need that calendar.

Posted via CB10
    You will need an autoloader, please see the Leaked OS forum for links.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-02-15 11:02 PM
    One full week into the 10.3.1 calendar, and it still sucks.

Before on 10.2.1, the month view was so powerful that I did not even use the week view or the agenda, now I have to stick with the week view since the month view is useless.

Right now, telling my clients when my next free time is one or two weeks from now is so much time consuming since I have to go through all of the week view.

All in all, I am still unsatisfied with the calendar even with a week of "getting used to" time.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:16 AM
    One full week into the 10.3.1 calendar, and it still sucks.

Before on 10.2.1, the month view was so powerful that I did not even use the week view or the agenda, now I have to stick with the week view since the month view is useless.

Right now, telling my clients when my next free time is one or two weeks from now is so much time consuming since I have to go through all of the week view.

All in all, I am still unsatisfied with the calendar even with a week of "getting used to" time.

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it. Getting used to this kind of change, as has been pointed out by those who, in my opinion, do not rely so much in their Calendars for work/business (ie daily 7am to 4pm work, free weekends) is mediocrity.

CB on Q10
    KR2013 likes this.
    03-03-15 01:07 AM
    i wouldnt call it Disastrous but its definatly a downgrade and the 10.2.1 was better imo.
    I have been on 10.3.1 for several month now (Q5) and the old calendar was definatly better.

One thing that is annoying me on 10.3.1 and i havnt seen mentioned here, is selecting the calender in which you want to create a appointment.

I have 3 calendar accounts on my device and 5 calendars in total:
    • local - used for small personal reminders like pick up milk at the end of the day or empty the dryer. (stuff i only need on my phone)
    • synced - google:
    • private: private events like birthday parties, meetings with friends and trips.
    • university: classes and deadlines
    • synced - owncloud (caldav):
    • work personal: my own work related stuff
    • work team: work events that are related not only to me

Well in 10.2.1 i had all those calendars in one list, in 10.3.1 i always have to select the account first and then im able to select the calendar.
    This doesnt sound like its thats annoying but its a additional step that is just annoying and not needed.
    (tap calendar, select account, select calendar) .
    It would be much better if you could select the calendar of one dropdown list that contains every account right out of the default view of creating a new event. The same goes for reminder time, you have to unfold the calendar an then you can select the time, why isnt this on the default view?

Way to many submenus you have to access on a small screen imo.
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    03-03-15 06:15 AM
    i wouldnt call it Disastrous but its definatly a downgrade and the 10.2.1 was better imo.
    I have been on 10.3.1 for several month now (Q5) and the old calendar was definatly better.

One thing that is annoying me on 10.3.1 and i havnt seen mentioned here, is selecting the calender in which you want to create a appointment.

• local - used for small personal reminders like pick up milk at the end of the day or empty the dryer. (stuff i only need on my phone)
    • synced - google:
    • private: private events like birthday parties, meetings with friends and trips.

Well in 10.2.1 i had all those calendars in one list, in 10.3.1 i always have to select the account first and then im able to select the calendar.
    This doesnt sound like its thats annoying but its a additional step that is just annoying and not needed.
    It would be much better if you could select the calendar of one dropdown list that contains every account right out of the default view of creating a new event. The same goes for reminder time, you have to unfold the calendar an then you can select the time, why isnt this on the default view?

Well thanks for adding this! I actually haven't set-up additional calendars as I'm way too frustrated with the 10.3 version and reverted back to my good old desk calendar.

CB on Q10
    03-03-15 06:57 AM

• synced - google:

Sounds like my setup. At least I'm in no hurry to go to 10.3.1 until they resolve the screen flicker and low volume issues particular to the Passport.

03-03-15 08:14 AM
    I don't think the new calendar is something you can get used to.

I was using a Passport since launch, got rid of it for a new ATT Classic. That's months of use, and I never got comfortable with the 10.3 redesigned calendar.

I'm back on the Q10 again (as of a few days ago), and the 10.2.1 calendar is a breath of fresh air. Way less cluttered, way more usable at a glance. Just efficient, simple but powerful.

I will not upgrade to 10.3.1 when it is made available until the issue is remedied. Once 10.2.1 is too outdated, I may switch to a competing OS. But I feel that's a ways off.

Posted via CB10
    deltact and muindor like this.
    03-03-15 09:40 AM
    I hope BlackBerry will read this, and take the feedback.

03-03-15 10:05 AM
    I'm lucky not to be a heavy calendar user, but I do think they made a good functional design change in the way you scroll down/up through the weeks and months with vertical swipes (versus horizontal swipes in 10.2.1). As a result, they changed the access to the multi-month view from a swipe down (10.2.1) to a left swipe, which isn't a problem in my opinion.

Those are the only two positives from the new calendar. The rest feels poorly designed and put together (and some of that is shared with the rest of the OS).
    03-03-15 10:50 AM
    It's all about tradeoffs
    I use the weekly agenda pull down a lot and it is amazing. Shows exactly what you have going on for the week.
    I'll trade that alone for any other change

Posted by Jerbru
    03-03-15 11:36 AM
    I'm lucky not to be a heavy calendar user, but I do think they made a good functional design change in the way you scroll down/up through the weeks and months with vertical swipes (versus horizontal swipes in 10.2.1). As a result, they changed the access to the multi-month view from a swipe down (10.2.1) to a left swipe, which isn't a problem in my opinion.

Those are the only two positives from the new calendar. The rest feels poorly designed and put together (and some of that is shared with the rest of the OS).
    I actually greatly prefer the horizontal swiping. It reduces confusion.

Weekly agenda is a good change for some however.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:37 PM
    Weekly agenda is a good change for some however.

Posted via CB10
    That is a step forward. The new Month View is a step backward, so unfortunately 10.3.1 is not a win-win when it comes to the calendar.

03-03-15 01:43 PM
    That is a step forward. The new Month View is a step backward, so unfortunately 10.3.1 is not a win-win when it comes to the calendar.

No its not, I agree.

I'm the biggest critic of 10.3's calendar that you'll find. I'll switch to another OS before I upgrade my Q10 to the official release of 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:52 PM
    So relieved to read this, I'm not alone with this dislike of the calendar. We'll need to get this Feedback to BlackBerry and get them to listen.

03-03-15 02:15 PM
    Speaking of tradeoffs, then they made a mistake with letting go of growing numbers and the vertical sidebars. This decreased the functionality of the calendar.

CB on Q10
    03-03-15 07:34 PM
    Instead of removing features from the calendar and doing other silly things like forcing you to use the camera button, why can't BlackBerry focus on improvements? Example: It's still too easy to send a half-composed BBM message by hitting send when you intended to hit "."
    03-03-15 08:26 PM
    Instead of removing features from the calendar and doing other silly things like forcing you to use the camera button, why can't BlackBerry focus on improvements? Example: It's still too easy to send a half-composed BBM message by hitting send when you intended to hit "."
    Hmmm, that's exactly my wife's gripe coming from iOS to BB10.

03-03-15 08:32 PM
    So relieved to read this, I'm not alone with this dislike of the calendar. We'll need to get this Feedback to BlackBerry and get them to listen.

I'm sure we'll engage Michael Clewley on this once we get the screen flicker and low volume notification issues fully sorted out.

03-03-15 08:33 PM
    Hmmm, that's exactly my wife's gripe coming from iOS to BB10.
    Or... how about that quick action button? Make it customizable and give the option to disable the quick action enhancements altogether.

I'm tired of my phone being someone else's idea of ideal.

I rarely compose new emails on my phone. I don't need a giant Compose button because someone else thinks that's what I need.
    03-03-15 08:36 PM
    Is like a solid 6 seconds normal to launch your calendar?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:38 PM
611 ... 89101112 ...