I think the new calendar is superior. Good job BlackBerry!

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    02-24-15 09:08 PM
    In addition to the many flaws, I find the lack of vertical lines and borders in the calendar app (as well as other places, such as the phone's dial pad) to be very difficult to focus on. There's a reason GUI's use borders and frames - they help the eye/brain distinguish between elements on the screen.
    One of my biggest gripes about Android UIs is the lack of any sort of clear delineation between elements on the screen. Half the time you can't tell the difference between a text label, button or whatever else they've crammed onto the screen.

I've praised BlackBerry for not falling down this way, taken a lot of heat for it here and on other tech forums and now look what BlackBerry is doing - exactly what I praised them for not doing.
    DocDRM, peter0328 and Velocitymj like this.
    02-24-15 10:34 PM
    There it is in the dark theme.
    Attachment 336682
    Your sc... green button... is free.

Great design.
    scrapmetal58 and peter0328 like this.
    02-24-15 10:35 PM
    Your sc... green button... is free.
    What you didn't understand? The green button is free.
    02-24-15 10:49 PM
    OK, so it looks like a sketch that Mondrian drew on a napkin while he was bored. What do you expect? It's on a phone -- not much space to work with. There's a tradeoff of simplicity and function, and with such cramped real estate it's surprising the thing is readable. At least it isn't like the monstrously complicated, unwieldy beast that desktop calendars like Outlook have become -- it's simple. Maybe it's too simple, since it isn't really intuitive (e.g. what does a purple circle mean compared with a green square?). A device UI should not require consulting a manual; if that's your complaint, I can understand. But I generally reserve "disastrous" for ... well, for disasters. This is a phone.
    02-24-15 11:20 PM
    OK, so it looks like a sketch that Mondrian drew on a napkin while he was bored. What do you expect? It's on a phone -- not much space to work with. There's a tradeoff of simplicity and function, and with such cramped real estate it's surprising the thing is readable. At least it isn't like the monstrously complicated, unwieldy beast that desktop calendars like Outlook have become -- it's simple. Maybe it's too simple, since it isn't really intuitive (e.g. what does a purple circle mean compared with a green square?). A device UI should not require consulting a manual; if that's your complaint, I can understand. But I generally reserve "disastrous" for ... well, for disasters. This is a phone.
    The issue is it was much better before.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:56 PM
    I love BB10 calendar especially on Passport. Way better than those in legacy devices. Agenda is mostly I use. I can see all task and reminders for the day. And, oh it also reminded me latest YiFy movies. No need to check their website just to get updated.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-25-15 02:42 AM
    I think the new calendar is superior. Good job BlackBerry!
    Can you please elaborate why you think so?
    02-25-15 06:45 AM
    OK... don't post those scary things without warning... I have kids around...
    LOL.... Actually, I think kids would love those colorful dots and circles! :-)
    02-25-15 06:48 AM
    Lol...

It's a lost cause, I tried to raise the issue a long time ago... gave up and had to switch to week view.

Someone out there must love bingo boards, so they'll like it.

Posted via CB10
    I've been complaining about this for the better part of a year. The updated calendar is the worst I've ever seen. Whereas 10.2's calendar was the best I've ever seen.

Changes like vertical month scrolling, removing growing numbers, etc. It feels cluttered and confusing. And the green theme is ugly.

I don't mind the new agenda view, however.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:23 AM
    I want my 10.2 calender back, my z10 is a work tool, the 10.3 calender isn't made for work...

/Bob 10.3.1.1565
    muindor likes this.
    02-25-15 09:34 AM
    There it is in the dark theme.
    Attachment 336682

Posted via CB10
    I'm on a Q10 and I don't have squares, only dots.
    I'm sorry, but with dots or squares or both, every time I look at this GUI, it looks like a regurgitated bad meal.
    02-26-15 02:08 AM
    I'm on a Q10 and I don't have squares, only dots.
    In 10.3.0, squares represent all day events.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-26-15 02:14 AM
    Just discovered that in addition to the wrong Calendar colors being assigned to specific tasks in the sync, the 10.3.1 sync for the Calendar is only one way: from the computer to the phone.
    Anything entered out in the field, can't be transferred into the office network.
    And that's only after I restarted BB Link three times to try to get it to sync and used a test date on the office computer.
    BlackBerry Blend no longer works with the Calendar. It hasn't added anything new from either the phone or the computer.
    BlackBerry has billions of dollars and can afford to give their program designers better drugs to work on, instead of a tube of glue and a plastic baggie to share.
    Seriously, this is a catastrophe for my business right now.
    02-26-15 02:20 AM
    In 10.3.0, squares represent all day events.
    And buried deep in the forums of CrackBerry was post number 163 of thread number 999163 where the ambiguous calendar squares were explained.

A bunch of dots and squares mean nothing. The bars were pretty clear in what they were representing.
    muindor, Velocitymj and gvs1341 like this.
    02-26-15 02:29 AM
    And buried deep in the forums of CrackBerry was post number 163 of thread number 999163 where the ambiguous calendar squares were explained.

A bunch of dots and squares mean nothing. The bars were pretty clear in what they were representing.
    Exactly!!

BlackBerry made a mistake with this new calendar. I'm worried they're never going to realise that.

It would just be nice to have the option to switch the layout to the 10.2.1 calendar. That thing was a work tool! This new one is embarrassing.

02-26-15 03:09 AM
    Exactly!!

BlackBerry made a mistake with this new calendar. I'm worried they're never going to realise that.

It would just be nice to have the option to switch the layout to the 10.2.1 calendar. That thing was a work tool! This new one is embarrassing.

Options, it all comes down to options. This is what I don't get. BlackBerry spent how ever mich time designing this new horrific layout, but why not just leave the option to go back to the original. People are never going to get mad that the option still exists to go back to the previous version, and who does it hurt?

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    02-26-15 06:56 AM
    I'm surprised that you guys didn't try to reach Michael Clewley on his twitter account.
    Calendar being one of the most import feature for those business phones...
    And what a big regression there sadly!

Posted via CB10
    Jus incase likes this.
    02-26-15 07:46 AM
    I'm surprised that you guys didn't try to reach Michael Clewley on his twitter account.

Posted via CB10
    I was just thinking about that, but let's get the screen flicker and low volume issues get sorted out first.

02-26-15 08:14 AM
    I was just thinking about that, but let's get the screen flicker and low volume issues get sorted out first.

Agree about the low volume issue too! Urgent to fix!
    For the flickering, it seem to get fixed with the posted build.

I would say camera need a little more love too and then we get a really rock steady OS challenger even before 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:54 AM
    I've sent him the occasional tweet as well as BBM Channel comments. Nothing gets acknowledged or replied to.
    02-26-15 11:23 AM
    Options, it all comes down to options. This is what I don't get. BlackBerry spent how ever mich time designing this new horrific layout, but why not just leave the option to go back to the original. People are never going to get mad that the option still exists to go back to the previous version, and who does it hurt?
    Could the need for the change have come from the improved voice assistant? If that adds/changes calendar appointments maybe something had to change there but I don't know...
    02-26-15 11:24 AM
    I've sent him the occasional tweet as well as BBM Channel comments. Nothing gets acknowledged or replied to.
    We need to create the same buzz as the flickering lol
    More seriously, we should have took the chance to get them aware of the 2-3 other annoyances other than flickering...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:26 AM
    Attachment 335434

Wtf is this thing?

For people who has some calendar appointments everyday, the dot next to the date does not mean much.

We want our growing numbers and side vertical bar back!

I will even take the green buttons, just give us back the growing numbers and the side bar!

Why BlackBerry, why did you remove a functional part of such a crucial app?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I agree, I want 1). The growing numbers feature and 2) the side bars back.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    02-26-15 11:28 AM
    Yeah, I agree, I want 1). The growing numbers feature and 2) the side bars back.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    3) sideways calendar scrolling instead of vertical

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:41 AM
611 ... 56789 ...