There's a little arrow next to the week number. Click it.
    Was that required in 10.2.1 for square display devices? I never had to do this on the Z10, but vertical screen space was not an issue on that phone.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-23-15 08:21 AM
    Has anyone brought it up to BlackBerry themselves, and heard back?

I am not even sure where we can go to make our point about the calendar.

They own the patent, what is stopping them from using the old 10.2.1 calendar??

Posted via CB10
    muindor and VeryBumpy like this.
    02-23-15 09:29 AM
    Has anyone brought it up to BlackBerry themselves, and heard back?

I am not even sure where we can go to make our point about the calendar.

They own the patent, what is stopping them from using the old 10.2.1 calendar??

Posted via CB10
    yes, it has been well noted in the private beta group. BlackBerry is too stubborn to listen it seems like. Every idea and bug in that group never got fixed/added. I've had the same bugs since 10.3.0.140 which i have reported from day 1.

Even on all the surveys it was one of the top 5 worst things about 10.3.1
    skstrials and gvs1341 like this.
    02-23-15 11:13 AM
    Might have been said already but by turning off Facebook calendar it will tidy it up a bit. I was wondering why I had something everyday and it was just birthday reminders which I get on the Facebook app so no need in the calendar. I realize everyone's mind works a bit different but for me I'm loving this new calendar. Flows good and awesome in Blend.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:36 AM
    Exactly. It is counter productive as it requires an additional step. It's not just about the graphics itself.
    At least the quick action Add button is bigger and easier to find. That'll make up for the lost time
    02-23-15 12:12 PM
    yes, it has been well noted in the private beta group. BlackBerry is too stubborn to listen it seems like. Every idea and bug in that group never got fixed/added. I've had the same bugs since 10.3.0.140 which i have reported from day 1.

Even on all the surveys it was one of the top 5 worst things about 10.3.1
    Will BlackBerry ever learn or will they let their arrogance finally get the best of them?
    02-23-15 12:15 PM
    Will BlackBerry ever learn or will they let their arrogance finally get the best of them?
    Yes, they're trying to fix the screen flickering issue on Passport now, after the official OS update release. It was reported months ago. Calendar update as per customers request is coming in 2016, probably.
    anon(5818411) and gvs1341 like this.
    02-23-15 12:33 PM
    Yes, they're trying to fix the screen flickering issue on Passport now, after the official OS update release. It was reported months ago. Calendar update as per customers request is coming in 2016, probably.
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 12:42 PM
    God, I don't want to have to delete the update notification daily for another year.
    02-23-15 12:58 PM
    God, I don't want to have to delete the update notification daily for another year.
    I prefer to delete update notification than look at the Android / iOS hybrid mess all day.
    ssbtech, ralfyguy, muindor and 1 others like this.
    02-23-15 01:15 PM
    I prefer to delete update notification than look at the Android / iOS hybrid mess all day.
    My wife already asked how to stop getting the update. She's on AT&T so it might be a while anyway.
    02-23-15 03:38 PM
    I like that, I couldn't have said it any better. LOL

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:47 PM
    Bring back the old calendar. This one is disgusting.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 04:20 PM
    This is much worse than I thought.
    I have 10 types of Calendars, all color coded. Ex. Estimates. Jobs. To Do. Billing, etc.
    Even though they are set in the phone, colors don't match up on the sync. Estimates came up color coded for personal events.
    No matter how much people complain about this here, do you think that BlackBerry is going to listen?
    02-23-15 04:40 PM
    No matter how much people complain about this here, do you think that BlackBerry is going to listen?
    Optimistic answer - No. Never happened before. Users will adapt.
    Pessimistic answer - Yes. If they have time to fix it before Chen shuts down the whole department.
    Realistic answer - Maybe. Be patient, all programmers are currently busy on support lines.
    Velocitymj and gvs1341 like this.
    02-23-15 04:58 PM
    Optimistic answer - No. Never happened before. Users will adapt.
    Pessimistic answer - Yes. If they have time to fix it before Chen shuts down the whole department.
    Realistic answer - Maybe. Be patient, all programmers are currently busy on support lines.
    You got optimistic and realistic reversed.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-23-15 05:06 PM
    You got optimistic and realistic reversed.
    It doesn't really matter. The old calendar is not coming back soon, if ever.
    02-23-15 05:19 PM
    Bla1ze and the higher ups, would be nice to have feedback on this.

Will BB be addressing this? Do they care? What kind of design sample pool is BB listening to?

BB devices are turning unproductive. This needs to stop. If they don't, I won't be supporting BB on my next upgrade cycle.
    skstrials and Just Me like this.
    02-23-15 06:28 PM
    I like the old layout too, I think that they could have been clever and used the colours in the growing numbers. Anyway I don't find it bad, I think more user acceptance could have been done here during development.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:33 PM
    Funny story: my "wall calendar" wife asked me last night on what day my doctor's appointment would be. I asked her to look at her phone, because I've shared a couple of Google calendars with her (so that she can figure out this type of information if I'm not around). She opens the calendar, the first time since I upgraded her Z10 to 10.3.1, and complains that there are dots everywhere.

So the dots only keep it clean for users with relatively few appointments. And no, I have not been bad-mouthing the calendar in front of her: what happens on CB, stays on CB.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    Just Me, DocDRM, skstrials and 1 others like this.
    02-24-15 08:43 AM
    I'm of the belief that there's probably a better way to reach them.

Let's be blunt ... there are a lot of card carrying members of the "everything is awful, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance, no matter what" crowd. And a few executives on the board of that group who are extra melodramatic and ***** and moan about everything ... how everything is terrible, nothing is right, nothing ever improves, nothing is good etc.

To be honest, amidst the thousands of threads and all the melodrama and armchair CEO know-it-alls, it must be annoying as hell to get to the meat. Let alone quantify it in a way that makes sense.

Maybe CrackBerry can help by running some polls so they can see, in a quantifyable sense what the issues are and focus on that. They did that when BlackBerry 10 launched.
    Just Me and skstrials like this.
    02-24-15 10:28 AM
    I'm of the belief that there's probably a better way to reach them.

Let's be blunt ... there are a lot of card carrying members of the "everything is awful, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance, no matter what" crowd. And a few executives on the board of that group who are extra melodramatic and ***** and moan about everything ... how everything is terrible, nothing is right, nothing ever improves, nothing is good etc.

To be honest, amidst the thousands of threads and all the melodrama and armchair CEO know-it-alls, it must be annoying as hell to get to the meat. Let alone quantify it in a way that makes sense.

Maybe CrackBerry can help by running some polls so they can see, in a quantifyable sense what the issues are and focus on that. They did that when BlackBerry 10 launched.
    well it was in the top 5 most hated things about 10.3 in all surveys since August in the beta zone testing group. There was multiple threads made about it with tons of likes and replies.

So that was the best way to reach them. I don't think they really looked at the bug reports, surveys and ideas too much though.

Probably one of the reasons why the beta group is getting shutdown.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    02-24-15 11:19 AM
    Why don't you lot just find an old 10.2.1 leak and autoload it? That way u get your calendar back and the rest of us that don't care get not to hear your ridiculous immature selfish moans ever again. #happydays.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport�
    Someone posting an opinion on the calendar is (in your words) expressing "ridiculous, immature, and selfish" moans? Ah, the irony.

I agree with the OP. The 10.3 calendar is a trainwreck. The GUI is laughably awful. The previous version had an excellent design/interface. Guess we're up to 501 now.

In addition to the many flaws, I find the lack of vertical lines and borders in the calendar app (as well as other places, such as the phone's dial pad) to be very difficult to focus on. There's a reason GUI's use borders and frames - they help the eye/brain distinguish between elements on the screen. A bunch of black numbers in a matrix against a white background is a very poor design. Someone mentioned the calendar looks like a "bingo card". I'd agree, except that bingo cards at least have horizontal and vertical lines to separate the numbers! I have never seen a phone dial pad on a screen that didn't have lines or graphic elements (shading, whatever) to distinguish the numbers.

Also, Blackberry couldn't use italics, a different font, colour, weight, etc., for the non-current-month days appearing in the monthly view?

This is beyond amateurish.
    Last edited by slickvguy; 02-24-15 at 07:38 PM.
    skstrials, DocDRM and flyingsolid like this.
    02-24-15 07:02 PM
    There it is in the dark theme.
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150224_211636.png

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:17 PM
    There it is in the dark theme.
    OK... don't post those scary things without warning... I have kids around...
    02-24-15 08:24 PM
611 ... 45678 ...