Actually 10.3.1 is the only unprofessional looking calendar.

Attachment 336042
    Huh. You know what i see what you mean, 10.2 calender was better looking thats for sure. Its cool seeing them side by side. I made my statement based on memory
    02-22-15 03:13 PM
    Man am i just glad to see this thread here!

If I liked my BB, it's because of the calendar, and how I used to manage everything in it... This new look with the dots is just awefull

Used to open the calendar on the monthly view, and see small lines for every event, and in the case where you have two events on the same day, same calendar, we see two lines, not a single dot like now! Now i have one single green dot on every day of the calendar...

This may sound stupid a bit, but that's the thing I uses the most on my BB, if I can't get a useful calendar on my BB, why then would I need it? I will try to go back to OS 10.2, such a disappointment to lose all the other enhancements.
    ssbtech, DocDRM, moosbb and 2 others like this.
    02-22-15 03:36 PM
    Can someone post the agenda view?

The biggest problem is the green. It's like they asked Regan MacNeil to pick the color...

Thank you for posting the side by side images. Yes, 10.3.1 calendar is rather hideous and childlike. I'm glad I use agenda view as default...or at least from what I've read.

I just wished BlackBerry did something original with the UI rather than attempt to follow the herd...

emPowered by 
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-22-15 04:52 PM
    I just wished BlackBerry did something original with the UI rather than attempt to follow the herd...
    Like allow for custom skinning of the OS.
    02-22-15 05:46 PM
    Indeed, this seemed more helpful :

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150223_103155.png

�   Qchen   �
    Mathijs Booden likes this.
    02-22-15 06:32 PM
    Even this...

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150223_102644.png

Don't like the single dots... :-(
    The old 10.2.1 or even Passport's 10.3 gave you a much better overview. Haven't received the OTA updates yet.

Maybe we can get the option to toggle...? :-)

(I'm not a huge user of calendar, usually use the call log and Hub communications to keep on track and organize stuff...)

�   "Telstra, Telstra an der Wand, wer ist der schoenste im ganzen Land...?" Answer: Passport... (Optus got it!) ;-)   �
    02-22-15 06:37 PM
    Wow...that is crap. Part of me is glad Rogers hasn't pushed out the update yet for the Passport. I am in no hurry to switch over to that calendar style.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    02-22-15 06:48 PM
    Even this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150223_102644.png 
Views:	1573 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	336110
    It is sad that in the new calendar you get more visual clues from a big useless green circle than what's today's date!

Also, in the new calendar it is hard to tell when the month starts and when it ends. I honestly can't understand why they have done this to the great 10.2.1 calendar!
    02-22-15 08:00 PM
    emPowered by 
    Here is the Agenda view
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150222_211000.png

Posted via CB10
    celticmagick likes this.
    02-22-15 08:12 PM
    I asked my wife her opinion of the new calendar on my Z10 with 10.3.1 and hers on 10.2.1. I didn't say anything and just got her opinion. She didn't like it. She specifically called out that she didn't like the circle/square for a day with activity vs the multi-colored lines on 10.2.1 that really showed you how busy the day is. She also didn't like the always large day numbers on 10.3.1 vs the different sizes that showed how busy the day is on 10.2.1. And finally, she didn't like the lack of lines on 10.3.1 that separated the days.

This is coming from someone that mainly uses her phone for calendar, email, and Netflix. She said the new calendar looks like iCloud, which she didn't like.

I also showed her how they changed the swipe for changing months and viewing the yearly calendar. She didn't seem too bothered by that but said she liked the old way better. I asked if she ever used the Agenda view and she doesn't.

It seems so dumb that BlackBerry has a patent for the growing date numbers and stopped using it.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-22-15 08:26 PM
    Not a fan of that ugly heavy font either.
    02-22-15 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20140624_110835.jpg
    skstrials and VeryBumpy like this.
    02-22-15 08:37 PM
    The views are different, but the speed difference for me between the old (brutally sluggish) calendar app and the new snappy one makes up for me. I'll adapt.
    02-22-15 09:11 PM

The biggest problem is the green. It's like they asked Regan MacNeil to pick the color...

Thank you for posting the side by side images. Yes, 10.3.1 calendar is rather hideous and childlike. I'm glad I use agenda view as default...or at least from what I've read.

emPowered by 
    Why the FU$#@?!CK is it green. I am not over exaggerating! Every other quick action button is blue. BlackBerry Blue! Now I have this ugly green taking up space on my home screen. WTF?????

Posted with Z30
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-22-15 09:26 PM
    That dots are annoying and the lines were much better, but what really annoys me is that with the Passport in monthly view I can't see the Agenda view on the bottom like I could with my Z10. I like to see the overview of the whole month and it annoys me that every time I touch a date it shrinks to show only a single week. I constantly find myself accidentaly shrinking the month view and having to switch back. Honestly, the calendar on my Z10 with 10.0 was better than this garbage.
    02-22-15 09:30 PM
    The views are different, but the speed difference for me between the old (brutally sluggish) calendar app and the new snappy one makes up for me. I'll adapt.
    It is quicker. I will give blackberry that.

Posted with Z30
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-22-15 09:32 PM
    Actually 10.3.1 is the only unprofessional looking calendar.

Attachment 336042
    I agree 100%. That is indeed inexcusable.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:39 PM
    Uh... except that they were NOT 'random sizes and placements'... they were directly representative of the times and duration of what you had scheduled.

Posted via CB10
    I was attempting to mock a certain type of user, but in a somewhat civil manner.

Other folks, BUSY folks, live by their calendars, as their time on a daily and weekly basis is planned and scheduled in blocks of time, an hour or two here, 15 minutes there, two or three days on the road there, etc. These are the "PLANNER CALENDAR" or "APPOINTMENT CALENDAR" folks. Before smartphone calendars, these were the Day-Timer, Franklin Planner, and Filo folks. they needed to be able to look at their calendars to find openings/free time to add additional events - to "overload" their calendar as stated above.

That ability to quickly view BUSY and FREE or busy-ER and free-ER time was the beauty of the original growing numbers version of the BB10 calendar. Quick, clean ability to see in a snap where the next demand on your time might best be inserted. "Oh, you need me for a full day site visit? Well, I see two days next week (small numbers) that look promising, I'll quickly drill down and verify one of them for you."
    "The dentist wants to see me next Tuesday? Can't do it, day is full" (largest number on the week).

Some folks, maybe even most folks, are WALL calendar folks. The rest of us need the growing numbers Month view from 10.2.1 back.
    I would say that most people are wall calendar folks, including the vast majority of BB users who switched to other platforms. My wife certainly is the wall calendar type.

I was saddened at the loss of the 10.2.1 calendar when I switched to the Passport because I'm an "overload the calendar" type. The 10.3.0 calendar has the vertical bars displaying relative time and duration, but the stupid "flat" design with a single non-descript grey for any type of appointment is painful because I can no longer tell which calendar an appointment belongs to.

I will miss the vertical blocks more than growing numbers. Consider the scenario where I have multiple appointments/meetings each day, at different times. I then receive a call from a friend or client who wants to meet for lunch sometime in the next couple of weeks:

1) 10.2.1 calendar. I pop open the calendar in month view, and scan it for days with small numbers. Tuesday this week, and Wednesday and Thursday next week have small numbers. I then examine these days more closely to see where the blocks are located. At one glance I can tell that none of them work because I don't have meetings in the morning or afternoon, but I already have lunch meetings scheduled. The next step is then to glance at the days to see if there are days with holes in the middle of the day. Aha, I see a mid-day gap on Friday next week. I tap on that day and the meetings are listed. The digit on month view is large because I have four 30 minute meetings in the morning and three more in the afternoon, but I'm free from 11-2. I then confirm the time while tapping the add button and the new appointment is on my calendar by the time the call ends.

2) 10.3.1 calendar. I pop open the calendar in month view. The size of the numbers on each day look the same. Okay, so I resort to looking for a day with the fewest number of coloured dots. The first day I see is Tuesday this week with only a single dot, so I tap on it to check. Alas, I see that there is a lunch meeting that day. Onto the next day with a single dot, which is Wednesday this week. Tapping Wednesday reveals that I have 3 meetings in the morning, a lunch meeting and 2 meetings in the afternoon. Aw, that one dot made Wednesday look quiet. I check day after day and they are all busy, until 7 days later I come to Friday next week and I find I am free for lunch on that day.

I can certainly adapt and survive with the 10.3.1 calendar, but I'd rather not have to tap on every day to drill down to the details when I can get a more useful, high-level overview with the 10.2.1 calendar, which helps focus my attention on the most suitable days.
    02-23-15 01:07 AM
    The 10.2 calendar is perfect for "wall calendar" types.

Why? Because at a glance, wall calendars show you what's going on on any given day, just like the 10.2 calendar.
    02-23-15 02:13 AM
    I have seen two issues with the 10.3.1 calendar. I use Agenda View and prefer just one day showing at a time. I liked swiping to the next day.

The other thing is when setting the time of an appointment, I much prefer the way that 10.2.1 worked. It is more logical to me to touch where I want the time to be, not drag the timeline.

I think the week view on 10.2.1 was better too, but I don't use it much, can't remember what is different at the moment.
    02-23-15 04:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140624_110835.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	426.1 KB 
ID:	336139
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150223_055900_edit.png
    *sigh

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-23-15 05:00 AM
    I

2) 10.3.1 calendar. I pop open the calendar in month view. The size of the numbers on each day look the same. Okay, so I resort to looking for a day with the fewest number of coloured dots. The first day I see is Tuesday this week with only a single dot, so I tap on it to check. Alas, I see that there is a lunch meeting that day. Onto the next day with a single dot, which is Wednesday this week. Tapping Wednesday reveals that I have 3 meetings in the morning, a lunch meeting and 2 meetings in the afternoon. Aw, that one dot made Wednesday look quiet. I check day after day and they are all busy, until 7 days later I come to Friday next week and I find I am free for lunch on that day.

That is going to **** me off. I need to look at calendar and be able to find free time to add appointments NOW. Not later.
    02-23-15 06:51 AM
    Quick question: on my q10 with official 10.3.1 update, my calender notification don't work. It shows up on the display, but there is no sound, no vibration and no notification led working.

I checked the profiles, they are correct. I also created new ones to make very sure. And I saw a threat that others are complaining too about the missing of the notifications.

Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:00 AM
    I was attempting to mock a certain type of user, but in a somewhat civil manner.

I would say that most people are wall calendar folks, including the vast majority of BB users who switched to other platforms. My wife certainly is the wall calendar type.

I was saddened at the loss of the 10.2.1 calendar when I switched to the Passport because I'm an "overload the calendar" type. The 10.3.0 calendar has the vertical bars displaying relative time and duration, but the stupid "flat" design with a single non-descript grey for any type of appointment is painful because I can no longer tell which calendar an appointment belongs to.

I will miss the vertical blocks more than growing numbers. Consider the scenario where I have multiple appointments/meetings each day, at different times. I then receive a call from a friend or client who wants to meet for lunch sometime in the next couple of weeks:

1) 10.2.1 calendar. I pop open the calendar in month view, and scan it for days with small numbers. Tuesday this week, and Wednesday and Thursday next week have small numbers. I then examine these days more closely to see where the blocks are located. At one glance I can tell that none of them work because I don't have meetings in the morning or afternoon, but I already have lunch meetings scheduled. The next step is then to glance at the days to see if there are days with holes in the middle of the day. Aha, I see a mid-day gap on Friday next week. I tap on that day and the meetings are listed. The digit on month view is large because I have four 30 minute meetings in the morning and three more in the afternoon, but I'm free from 11-2. I then confirm the time while tapping the add button and the new appointment is on my calendar by the time the call ends.

I can certainly adapt and survive with the 10.3.1 calendar, but I'd rather not have to tap on every day to drill down to the details when I can get a more useful, high-level overview with the 10.2.1 calendar, which helps focus my attention on the most suitable days.
    Exactly. It is counter productive as it requires an additional step. It's not just about the graphics itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:55 AM
    This is what bugs me so far.

Open calendar (default: month view) --- click on a date to see your appointments --- then click "options" and select "month view" to go back to where you were... but nothing happen? There is no back button to return to month view once I've selected to see a specific day.

So I have to select week view and then select month view to go back. Definitely a bug they need to look at. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel. The OS 10.2.1 calendar was great and they should have left it like that

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    There's a little arrow next to the week number. Click it.
    02-23-15 08:06 AM
611 ... 34567 ...