BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150220_191728.png

Wtf is this thing?

For people who has some calendar appointments everyday, the dot next to the date does not mean much.

We want our growing numbers and side vertical bar back!

I will even take the green buttons, just give us back the growing numbers and the side bar!

Why BlackBerry, why did you remove a functional part of such a crucial app?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:04 PM
    Did you try changing the view to week?
    Just saying... I've been having 10.3.1 now for a few months and I love it.
    PatrickMJS and BerryRipe like this.
    02-20-15 10:31 PM
    Lol...

It's a lost cause, I tried to raise the issue a long time ago... gave up and had to switch to week view.

Someone out there must love bingo boards, so they'll like it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:34 PM
    As messed up as the 10.3.0 calendar is compared to 10.2.1, the 10.3.1 calendar has reached a new level of failure. Sometimes BlackBerry users want their phones to be different from iOS and Lollipop.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-20-15 10:35 PM
    I tend to agree at first look after upgrading today. I really miss the calendar I. 10.2.1 but will give this a try.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-20-15 10:38 PM
    You want your rolodex back too. Some people just whine about change without even trying. Weak.
    02-20-15 10:43 PM
    I found changing the colours of the dots helped me like it a bit better. still feels cluttered though

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-20-15 11:00 PM
    This is what bugs me so far.

Open calendar (default: month view) --- click on a date to see your appointments --- then click "options" and select "month view" to go back to where you were... but nothing happen? There is no back button to return to month view once I've selected to see a specific day.

So I have to select week view and then select month view to go back. Definitely a bug they need to look at. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel. The OS 10.2.1 calendar was great and they should have left it like that

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    02-20-15 11:02 PM
    Definitely takes some getting used to, but once you have used it for a while, it's not so bad...

Posted via CB10
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    02-20-15 11:30 PM

Open calendar (default: month view) --- click on a date to see your appointments --- then click "options" and select "month view" to go back to where you were... but nothing happen? There is no back button to return to month view once I've selected to see a specific day.

So I have to select week view and then select month view to go back. Definitely a bug they need to look at. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel. The OS 10.2.1 calendar was great and they should have left it like that

do you see the arrow where it says the date and week 9 beside it. press that and you get back to month view.

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150221_003201.png
    BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150221_003206.png
    it's just a learning process. I literally just figured that out right now, I read your post and I wanted to look into it myself. I hope I have helped you out,

02-20-15 11:33 PM
    do you see the arrow where it says the date and week 9 beside it. press that and you get back to month view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150221_003201.png 
Views:	12013 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	335460
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150221_003206.png 
Views:	11999 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	335459
    it's just a learning process. I literally just figured that out right now, I read your post and I wanted to look into it myself. I hope I have helped you out,

That's the same process as in 10.3.0, so yes, it's by design. The thing that annoys me is that i need to select a day to drill down into the details of that day, whereas in 10.2.1 I could get an overview of each day in the entire month.

moyah8 and kokijak like this.
    02-21-15 12:00 AM
    That's the same process as in 10.3.0, so yes, it's by design. The thing that annoys me is that i need to select a day to drill down into the details of that day, whereas in 10.2.1 I could get an overview of each day in the entire month.

Ah I see, yea your right about that.

I find after staring at month view for a while it kinda gives me a head ache. there is just so much going on with very little organization. It's just looks like a mess.

fordn7 likes this.
    02-21-15 12:05 AM
    Why don't you lot just find an old 10.2.1 leak and autoload it? That way u get your calendar back and the rest of us that don't care get not to hear your ridiculous immature selfish moans ever again. #happydays.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport�
    02-21-15 01:57 AM
    I agree with OP I don't like the calendar at all. The feature to pull up the next 3 months seems to have gone too.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243

Posted on my Q10.
    moyah8 and allwi like this.
    02-21-15 02:04 AM
    Why don't you lot just find an old 10.2.1 leak and autoload it? That way u get your calendar back and the rest of us that don't care get not to hear your ridiculous immature selfish moans ever again. #happydays.

To be fair, I am happy with the rest of the update, with the inclusion of the Blend, meeting notification settings, and better Android support for 10.3.1. However, I still have to point out the shortcomings, not only to vent, but so that hopefully BlackBerry developers can take notice. And constructive criticisms are still needed.

I would not be making such "moanings" if I was not a BlackBerry fan.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:14 AM
    To be fair, I am happy with the rest of the update, with the inclusion of the Blend, meeting notification settings, and better Android support for 10.3.1. However, I still have to point out the shortcomings, not only to vent, but so that hopefully BlackBerry developers can take notice. And constructive criticisms are still needed.

I would not be making such "moanings" if I was not a BlackBerry fan.

Posted via CB10
    Oh.. so it's now a shortcoming because 500 of you think so? So the millions of other users that don't find the calendar a shortcoming are all wrong or something? You know what they say.. the complainers make the loudest noise. Those that don't have an issue ain't complaining and believe me we are at least a couple of millions more than the 500 that are complaining.

The calendar is fine in my opinion. If it's not for any user.. go back to 10.2 and save us all some trouble.

Simples.

Keith Atkinson and der_mit like this.
    02-21-15 02:28 AM

There is a way to return to month and view. Just click the week number on the right hand side with the down arrow. You are then returned to month view.

Vodafone 4G UK, BlackBerry Passport, OS 10.3.0.908
    02-21-15 02:34 AM
    Oh.. so it's now a shortcoming because 500 of you think so? So the millions of other users that don't find the calendar a shortcoming are all wrong or something? You know what they say.. the complainers make the loudest noise. Those that don't have an issue ain't complaining and believe me we are at least a couple of millions more than the 500 that are complaining.

The calendar is fine in my opinion. If it's not for any user.. go back to 10.2 and save us all some trouble.

Simples.

It is not a shortcoming because 500 of us think so, it is a shortcoming because there is a clear removal in functionality.

The growing numbers and side bars provided the users with information on how filled up the schedule is, and approximation of when the scheduled event is happening within the day.

With the new calendar layout, whether you have 1 hour appointment or a full 12 hour work day, it is all shown the same in the monthly view: a circle.

It is fine if you do not agree that it is a big loss in functionality, but it is a clear loss of functionality from a completely objective point of view.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    02-21-15 02:44 AM

Simples.

10.2.1 is not an option for us Passport users because there is no autoloader, afaik. I would like to do a hybrid by loading just the calendar bar file, but I think it has already been tried.

I'm sure any form of a calendar works fine for 2,000,500 people: my wife never even uses hers. But for the 500 who are forced to juggle too tasks and commitments, the 10.3.1 calendar format is several steps backwards.

DaDaDogg, DocDRM, allwi and 2 others like this.
    02-21-15 02:47 AM
    10.2.1 is not an option for us Passport users because there is no autoloader, afaik. I would like to do a hybrid by loading just the calendar bar file, but I think it has already been tried.

I'm sure any form of a calendar works fine for 2,000,500 people: my wife never even uses hers. But for the 500 who are forced to juggle too tasks and commitments, the 10.3.1 calendar format is several steps backwards.

I have to juggle many tasks and though the new calendar will take a bit of getting used to, (change is like that), I think people will adapt in time. Let's give this update a chance.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-21-15 03:35 AM
    I also loved the 10.2.1 Calendar way more!!

What happens to me regularly is that if I'm in month view, I click on a day to see the appointments, and try to swipe left to go to the next day.
    But what happens?
    It doesn't go to the next day as in 10.2.1, it goes to an 'mulit-month-view'!

I find this disastrous, that users who already got used to the gestures now need to change, because the BlackBerry devs went making the app worse by trying to make it better.

Posted via CB10
    fordn7 likes this.
    02-21-15 03:43 AM
    Not sure what your problem is. See below. Quite informative. The dots and squares just keep growing until they become a line. 26th of feb for instance.

BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!-img_20150221_104030.png

Edit: you're only using one calendar account? I see what you mean now. Sorry. So just with different calendar accounts, every entry should have their own dot or square. That would fix it. The quick day-peek described above does help a bit though.
    02-21-15 03:45 AM

Simples.

Who are you???
    I'm a business owner and the Calendar, which is instrumental in running my business, has been flawed since the beginning of OS10.
    And there are thousands of people with the same complaint.
    I'm glad this thread has been posted, because this thread is providing useful information.
    If it's this bad then, it looks like I'm going to be getting rid of BlackBerry in part, because of the liability the phone has become due to the Calendar not able to meet our needs in time critical situations.
    So, if you don't like the criticism, then don't read it and don't post your uninformative whining and as you said, save us all some trouble.
    "The Dangerous Delusions Of A BlackBerry Fanboy"
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-21-15 at 05:14 AM.
    02-21-15 03:53 AM
    Can't agree more, this is one ugly looking calendar.

Who else would do 6 weeks in a month's view. The color is wrong, the fonts are wrong. A healthy does of aesthetic is not too much to ask is it ....
    02-21-15 03:59 AM
    Who are you???
    I'm a business owner and the Calendar, which is instrumental in running our business, has been flawed since the beginning of OS10.
    And there are thousands of people with the same complaint.
    I'm glad this thread has been posted, because this thread is providing useful information.
    If it's this bad then, it looks like we're going to be getting rid of BlackBerry in part, because of the liability the phone has become due to the Calendar not able to meet our needs in time critical situations.
    So, if you don't like the criticism, then don't read it and don't post your uninformative whining and save us all some trouble.
    "The Dangerous Delusions Of A BlackBerry Fanboy"
    Well said! I feel the same. Interestingly, the forum is full of threads/posts about people complaining about the 10.3.1 calendar, wanting the 10.2.1 back. I have a feeling BlackBerry will get the message and do something about it, sooner or later!
    02-21-15 04:52 AM
611 123 ...