You can do this on the current layout, it's just sorta hidden. Instead of dragging the bar up or down, simply tap the bar itself and it'll mute the ringer/vibration.

Posted via CB10
    You don't even have to tap the bar itself just anywhere will mute the call.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:44 PM
    The old call screen is superb. I have pointed this out already in another thread. However, I am going to do it here as well. I really think there should be a way to make this an option. You don't want to bog the whole device/OS with too many options, but I think this one would be on par with the light/dark theme option. Just don't take cool stuff way because a few folks are having trouble. Way too reactionary.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-13 05:55 PM
    You don't even have to tap the bar itself just anywhere will mute the call.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I first noticed it while doing so on the bar so I figured that was the trigger point. Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:57 PM
    <shrugs> Yeah, I'm okay with it too. Like the "mute" button as well (sometimes you don't want to immediately "reject" a call).
    You can do this now. Just tap the grey bar without swiping up or down.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-12-13 08:17 PM
    Any support for PPTP VPN servers.
    11-13-13 08:57 AM
    You can do this now. Just tap the grey bar without swiping up or down.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    Okay, I'd suspected this (since that's how it's worked). The trouble is, since in many cases I was answering a call, I couldn't always determine if I'd just muted the ringer or if I'd refused the call. A separate control makes sense.
    11-14-13 12:57 AM
    Okay, I'd suspected this (since that's how it's worked). The trouble is, since in many cases I was answering a call, I couldn't always determine if I'd just muted the ringer or if I'd refused the call. A separate control makes sense.
    Why make a small icon to mute when u can press anywhere on the screen to mute? Sometimes I'm driving and my phone strts ringing, I just press anywhere on the screen better than look at my phone while driving to locate the icon to mute it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:21 AM
    Swiping up is the only way to refuse a call. If you still have the call incoming screen, it's still ringing

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:25 AM
    I have to agree with a previous post, this hardly seems to be something worth BlackBerry devoting their time to. The incoming call screen is one of my favorite fun and new elements of the BlackBerry 10 OS and all my friends get a kick out of it when they see me swipe up or down to take action. Leave it as is. Don't mess with a good thing. There are plenty of other issues and items in BlackBerry 10 that could use BlackBerry's attention... such as...

-enhancing the music app UI.. (quick key at the bottom for full library song list, instead of having to go into playlists)
    -video enhancements. The browser has a hard time displaying embedded videos frequently and often times the video controls (pause/play/scrub bar) are so small they are unusuable.
    -camera enhancements. What happened to panorama mode... I'm pretty sure everyone who uses their BlackBerry for pics would appreciate this.
    -actionable notifications from the lock screen
    -calendar improvements. More than one next event on active frame.. for ex. Next three upcoming events. Perhaps add task/to-do integration wherein the calendar cycles between next three upcoming events. And next three task to be complete
    -general improvements to all active frames... add last received messages to BBM frame, add live screen to clock frame so that a live countdown or count up appears for the stop watch and timer when minimized, add a live screen to maps frame that shows current location and next turn/up coming directions when minimized while receiving turn by turn directions, add news feed to Facebook frame so new posts / stories cycle through much like the cb10 app.

There are many things BlackBerry could be working on that could use enhancements. The incoming call screen is not one of them.

Posted from my incredible Z10
    thanasi likes this.
    11-14-13 03:52 PM
    I hate the current gesture. It's one of the few things about BB10 that really bug me. If it were a learning curve, I could handle it, but on my Q, it's hit or miss. And I sometimes swipe 2 or 3 times trying to answer a call, only to have it go to VM. It needs to be improved. I can't imagine it getting any worse on my phone.
    There are threads on here about folks having issues answering calls using the current gesture. Perhaps the new side to side gesture was tested and found to work easier for folks.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-14-13 05:51 PM
    Didn't like the new screen and took a little try at rethinking it to match the current screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873410

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 06:49 PM
    Anyone else think BlackBerry is making the most of the leak community here and using us to gauge user approval of possible changes like this?

If you think it's just another conspiracy theory, then riddle me this: What happened to the Squircle??? (Actually, I'd really like to know, I kinda miss it...)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:46 PM
    Anyone else think BlackBerry is making the most of the leak community here and using us to gauge user approval of possible changes like this?
    Would be good if they are doing this.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:10 PM

If you think it's just another conspiracy theory, then riddle me this: What happened to the Squircle??? (Actually, I'd really like to know, I kinda miss it...)

Posted via CB10
    Hope you're right.

Hey BlackBerry your new call screen sucks! Leave it alone or give me the option to keep It.
    Also work on the look of your quick settings poll down menu. It's horrid.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 10:26 PM
    So you are using the leak? How are the rest of the new features?
    Hope you're right.

Hey BlackBerry your new call screen sucks! Leave it alone or give me the option to keep It.
    Also work on the look of your quick settings poll down menu. It's horrid.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:38 PM
    I hate the current gesture. It's one of the few things about BB10 that really bug me. If it were a learning curve, I could handle it, but on my Q, it's hit or miss. And I sometimes swipe 2 or 3 times trying to answer a call, only to have it go to VM. It needs to be improved. I can't imagine it getting any worse on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Are you just swiping up or down?
    It sounds like you are.
    You are meant to grab the silver bar and move it up or down

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I miss it too. It was one of the few original features on BlackBerry 10 that stood out

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-15-13 02:03 AM
    Didn't like the new screen and took a little try at rethinking it to match the current screen.

Call Screen Modification Idea - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Nice work! I like where you're taking this.
    11-15-13 06:07 PM
    I'm not swiping, I'm grabbing. But it seems like it could require less focus.
    Are you just swiping up or down?
    It sounds like you are.
    You are meant to grab the silver bar and move it up or down

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:14 PM
    This is very, very... very ugly. The call UI of 10.2 is perfect ! hoping they'll not put this ugly thing
    thanasi likes this.
    11-15-13 07:23 PM
    I really like it.

Posted from my Z30.
    11-15-13 07:55 PM
    Have 10.2.1.1055 installed and it looks like a call screen from an old crappy Android device. Don't know what BlackBerry is thinking. Every modern mobile device has fancier call screens. Liked the original BlackBerry 10 call screen, hope it's just a concept and it wil look nicer if they implement it in an official release.

Posted via CB10
    thanasi likes this.
    11-16-13 06:25 AM
    Really don't like the new answer call screen, far too android for me. Maybe a little tweaking of the UI on the original would have been better.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    thanasi likes this.
    11-16-13 08:38 AM
    Seems silly to be overly concerned about a feature in the first leak in a new OS version. Now way to know if it will even be in the release.

If you really have a problem with it, just downgrade your OS. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:05 PM
    Seems silly to be overly concerned about a feature in the first leak in a new OS version. Now way to know if it will even be in the release.

If you really have a problem with it, just downgrade your OS. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    As proven before by the beloved Squircle. You shall be missed...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:48 PM
180 ... 5678