Maybe that's part of the issue. When you design something that is unique and better, the market rewards you for the most part. Other's copy it, etc. But when you design something that's just different for the sake of being different, it instead can become a barrier to users that are considering switching to and using your technology, as well an a agraavation to those that have switched and are used to another convention.

I personally think with BlackBerry 10 failing to take off, there might be a process going on inside of BB -- that is saying -- ok let's address things users are having issues with. Another example is the added "Hub icon" in 10.2.

Basically the OS went a bit overboard with the whole gestures thing, perhaps? And now they are compensating a bit.
    Sounds legit
    11-11-13 03:29 PM
    It's a good idea. The current call answer screen is something I love now but it took me a few calls before I figured it out frankly. Don't know why. But people I've converted also said the same. Not good for new users.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:42 PM
    Lucas from N4BB just tweeted that although he isn't supposed to be saying it, the new call screen will be something like the ICS one

Attachment 219501

PS. Remember that the feature could always not make it to the final release and this maybe is far from the final version!!

Posted via CB10
    It's complete ****!!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:44 PM
    I wonder if the person that wrote the piece has actually used a Z10. He says that it is UP to answer and DOWN to reject when the opposite is true.
    He even has a Z30..! Check his Z30 vs the Z comparison... Gotta love the sound...

From the Z...
    11-11-13 03:50 PM
    So much they need to work on and they waste their time with changing the direction to swipe.
    Who the hell is running the show over there

Posted via CB10
    +1000

There were some early issues with people having difficulty figuring out how to end calls, but it has been resolved for a while; no reason at all to change things up again. In any case, there are PLENTY of issues people have collectively complained about since BB10 was first released that are STILL seemingly being ignored...
    11-11-13 04:01 PM
    It's a good idea. The current call answer screen is something I love now but it took me a few calls before I figured it out frankly. Don't know why. But people I've converted also said the same. Not good for new users.

Posted via CB10
    It can't get any easier, there 2 arrows one is red and the other is green and everyone on this planet knows red is for rejecting and green is for answering and it's even written on the screen.

BlackBerry 10.2.1 update to feature new call screen and quick settings-air_20131112_00000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    TBone4eva likes this.
    11-11-13 04:23 PM
    It can't get any easier, there 2 arrows one is red and the other is green and everyone on this planet knows red is for rejecting and green is for answering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIR_20131112_00000.jpg 
Views:	1274 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	219536

Posted via CB10
    The political green party is green but no one votes for them. Does that mean they're so good?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:25 PM
    The political green party is green but no one votes for them. Does that mean they're so good?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you mean but even if you don't know green is fir answering then just look at the screen, it's written right there.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:40 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean but even if you don't know green is fir answering then just look at the screen, it's written right there.

Posted via CB10
    I know that. I was just talking about your point that green means good

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:42 PM
    I personally have no issue with the current call-screen, but there have been complaints. It is not easy to use one-handed, it is sometimes unresponsive, and it is not simplistic enough for "noobs" to understand (~Hub/SMS icons). So there are reasons enough for them to try and change this, and if it does not work they will probably change it back by popular demand (remember them removing the dark theme?).
    11-11-13 04:45 PM
    Just when I got used to and began to like the current answer screen they might do this.
    11-11-13 04:55 PM
    Weird cause I never said I don't know how to swipe up ect. And the way BlackBerry is runing now it's not going to last longer. That's why they are in trouble because people like you don't like change. If YOU don't like android apps then don't download them lol no one is forcing you, but MORE choice is always better than less.
    I only have two apps (android) side loaded Xbox smart glass and a Habs app. So it's not a big deal to me, but considering android is #1 it seems to matter to some people.

Ps.. I'm a die hard BlackBerry fan. I tired an S3 had it for half a year until the Z10 came out

Posted from my Z30.
    Plenty of people seem terribly bothered by having to swipe up or down instead of left and right. I wasn't referring to YOU personally. I'm sure you agree that which way you swipe is a ridiculous thing to be bothered by. My point is.... get used to it. Which way you swipe to answer a call is one of the least important features of a phone. As far as apps are concerned, there are no apps I ever miss when going from one OS to another so they make no difference to me on a personal level.

I do like change. Big fan of choices. That's why I use Android, iPhone and BlackBerry on a rotation basis but I also like to have the Android experience on an Android device, not on an iPhone or BlackBerry device. If I want Android apps, I use an Android phone. If I want iPhone apps, I use an iPhone. I also don't want my Bull Terrier to be more like a Labrador just because Labs are more popular. Nor do I desire Windows to be on my Mac just because I like change. I'm not a fan of anything Frankensteined to bits.
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-11-13 05:02 PM
    I really like the call screen! It's one of the things that's actually different to every other os ( I know the swiping gesture to answer or reject has existed for some time) but the display on the call screen itself is certainly a nicer thing on bb10. By the description it sounds like it's becoming android esque.. that's not too cool...

Posted via CB10
    I know where you're coming from; I really like the way the current BB10 call screen looks. Functionally, though, it does require a stretch of the thumb that can be awkward at times (especially when rejecting a call). I'm good with left-right.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-11-13 05:06 PM
    I know that. I was just talking about your point that green means good

Posted via CB10
    Never said green means good, just said green means answer.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:10 PM
    I know where you're coming from; I really like the way the current BB10 call screen looks. Functionally, though, it does require a stretch of the thumb that can be awkward at times (especially when rejecting a call). I'm good with left-right.
    Exactly, and this particularly aggravated in bigger devices such as the Z30 (I imagine almost impossible to do one-handed for some with smaller hands). With the horizontal swipe gesture, you are assured some limit (as long as the phone app is locked to portrait mode) to the necessary thumb reach when holding it with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:20 PM
    It can't get any easier, there 2 arrows one is red and the other is green and everyone on this planet knows red is for rejecting and green is for answering and it's even written on the screen.

Name:	AIR_20131112_00000.jpg 
Views:	1274 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	219536

Posted via CB10
    .... Now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-11-13 06:04 PM
    So much they need to work on and they waste their time with changing the direction to swipe.

Posted via CB10
    Mr. Google Android of course. ;-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-11-13 07:18 PM
    This is what seriously worries me. Of all the things that iv heard people complain about, both here on this forum and elsewhere, `darn this incoming call screen is so hard to use` is something iv never heard.

Even more, the current iteration looks elegant and polished. Now iv seen a screencap of the `new` version (or at least one style they are testing) and all i can say is i almost threw up. its that bad.

The new pulldown panel looks good (although brightness should be a slider not a link) but just omg the incoming screen i saw was horrible.

As i say, the screen i saw was beta, so much could (and should) change. lets just say this is one leak i actually wouldnt want on my phone when it comes out lol
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-11-13 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a few pics I could post.....but, whatever.
    11-11-13 09:27 PM
    I am not sure where this call screen info came from. Yet again, I won't believe any of these so called OS improvements until I see it personally on my device. So, in effect, we shall see, but I am not getting overly emotional over any of this until things are more concrete.

Dangit, just saw the new call screen.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 11-11-13 at 11:21 PM.
    11-11-13 10:34 PM
    sounds good accept the answer call thing seems meh. i like it how it is now
    11-12-13 01:07 AM
    Here is the new call screen which debuts with 10.2.1, which looks so much uglier than the current swipe up/down. It doesn't even follow suit with the UI elements. The whole 10.2.1 update improves on everything but takes a huge step back with the call screen. I don't understand this change. I suggest that everyone voice their opinion with Michael Clewley on Twitter (@MichaelClewley). If BlackBerry listened to all of our feedback so far, then they will bring back the previous call screen! Remember how the black theme, dropdown settings, speed dial came back due to popular demand? Well our original call screen can, and will, too! The swipe up/down call screen was unique to BlackBerry 10 and followed suit with the operating system's most important gestures: up/down. Everything needs to stay consistent. They need to revert the call screen as soon as possible. Voice your opinions everyone!
    BlackBerry 10.2.1 update to feature new call screen and quick settings-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:28 AM
    Here is the new call screen which debuts with 10.2.1, which looks so much uglier than the current swipe up/down. It doesn't even follow suit with the UI elements. The whole 10.2.1 update improves on everything but takes a huge step back with the call screen. I don't understand this change. I suggest that everyone voice their opinion with Michael Clewley on Twitter (@MichaelClewley). If BlackBerry listened to all of our feedback so far, then they will bring back the previous call screen! Remember how the black theme, dropdown settings, speed dial came back due to popular demand? Well our original call screen can, and will, too! The swipe up/down call screen was unique to BlackBerry 10 and followed suit with the operating system's most important gestures: up/down. Everything needs to stay consistent. They need to revert the call screen as soon as possible. Voice your opinions everyone!

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	219727

Posted via CB10
    I did tweet to Michael clewley about it but got no reply, you should tweet him too cause that screen is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    thanasi likes this.
    11-12-13 03:48 AM
    I did tweet to Michael clewley about it but got no reply, you should tweet him too cause that screen is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, don't you worry. I tweeted him before this leak even showed up

For those that tweet him, let us know if you get a reply.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-12-13 04:10 AM
    New screen looks okay to me.
    habs_fan and Thunderbuck like this.
    11-12-13 05:32 AM
180 ... 34567 ...