If you are talking about the browser, you CAN tap the top bar to go to the top.. might need to swipe from the top to show it first though.

Been there since at least 10.1

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:28 AM
    Those features are all great, but in my opinion there are some other important things on that they should focus.
    Firstly, the shortcut gestures on z10, it takes long time to turn back to top of page. A simple gesture like tapping the top bar will save a lot of time in stead of keeping scrolling.
    Secondly, the sideloaded apps should be managed much more in apps permissions. We can change them at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    This can already be done with current gestures. If you are a few levels deep say in the crack berry app, swipe from left to right at the bottom left corner of the screen. This will allow you to quickly reach the top level menu without having to swipe back a bunch of times.

As for 10.2.1, I love the current swipe up/down for rejecting/answering calls. What I would absolutely love if they fixed, is the procedure to turning off the phone. Holding down the power button is a terrible way, and pulling my phone out of my pocket I will find sometimes it is off. There should be a swiping gesture to confirm powering down.
    11-11-13 06:29 AM
    hope there are options to select the way to answer calls.
    11-11-13 06:38 AM
    This can already be done with current gestures. If you are a few levels deep say in the crack berry app, swipe from left to right at the bottom left corner of the screen. This will allow you to quickly reach the top level menu without having to swipe back a bunch of times..
    I think that is the gesture that let us back to previous page. What I meant is how to back to top of current page, not only in CB app but also in many others like Browser, Facebook, Twitter...
    11-11-13 07:04 AM
    One more thing: everyone is so focussed on the rumours surrounding Google Play, but actually there are a lot more original ideas coming to 10.2.1+. Like the picture password option, I am glad they do not just 'copy' the competition. They are trying to create ways to make the OS easier to work with, and still design them in original ways, I like that!
    11-11-13 07:05 AM
    Well I still would like to see the squircle but it's good that BlackBerry is moving through the OS development at this rate. There are some good updates coming it seems.
    11-11-13 07:29 AM
    Hmm. Maybe I'm being nit-picky here, but they say to answer a call you swipe up. This is obviously wrong. Can we trust this source?

Posted via CB10
    It is swipe down to answer and up to decline but why would they even consider changing it to left and right. I am with you on this. skeptical about the thread!
    11-11-13 07:55 AM
    Me either. I don't know that there was ever any issue with that.

I keep my phone in my pocket, and it's not like I had problem answering after pulling it from my pocket. Which I was surprised about, but it never registered a swipe either way as I pulled the phone out.

And I don't think I've read of any other kind of issues around these forums related to which way you swipe to answer, or decline a call. Unless I just missed them.

Posted via CB10
    Looking at your avatar, you a Floyd fan then same as me.
    11-11-13 08:43 AM
    There is absolutely no need for a new call screen. I swear, BlackBerry currently likes to take away all of the actual cool stuff in the OS. The Swircle vanished because it was counter intuitive. It was replaced with a loading circle that looked like something out of Android. Now, this new call screen will be quite similar to Android as well. Just stop that. Ugh. Keep the cool stuff and add more cool stuff. Pretty simple, right? Also, #LetTATLoose. Thank you.
    11-11-13 09:43 AM
    I'll have to see but I don't mind the new call feature. I think it will be okay. Who cares it's just one feature.. bb10 is still amazing

Posted from my Z30.
    11-11-13 09:44 AM
    Maybe they have a reason, maybe they have to in order to add something else? Let's wait and see before calling it stupid

Posted via CB10
    It's to prevent accidentally activating the quick-settings menu.

It makes sense.
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-11-13 10:46 AM
    Was there something horribly wrong with how you answered the phone on prior versions of the OS? I never heard a single complaint. Changing how you answer the phone is just another way to join the "useless improvements" philosophy of Android. Android Play-Store????? Seriously, why stay with BB if every so called improvement is just making the phone more and more like an Android based phone? Just get an Android and be done with the BB updates to make you feel like you are using an Android.
    11-11-13 11:25 AM
    Was there something horribly wrong with how you answered the phone on prior versions of the OS? I never heard a single complaint. Changing how you answer the phone is just another way to join the "useless improvements" philosophy of Android. Android Play-Store????? Seriously, why stay with BB if every so called improvement is just making the phone more and more like an Android based phone? Just get an Android and be done with the BB updates to make you feel like you are using an Android.
    Because the OS is still totally different, the swipes ect, I'd love to have Google play on BlackBerry as well, gives me choice and more apps thus I'm sure more people will come and make BlackBerry even bigger and better. Without people there won't be BlackBerry much longer

Posted from my Z30.
    11-11-13 11:30 AM
    It's to prevent accidentally activating the quick-settings menu.

It makes sense.
    For me this is not possible on the current 10.2.0.1794.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:39 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to time your profiles ?

e.g. if in a meeting or at work just set how long would like to have your phone on "Silent" and when its time the phone would revert to "Normal" ofcause upon reverting the phone would vibrate indicating "its time" and one having options to "extend" by 15, 30,45mins to an hour..perhaps ?

Profile Changer Pro - BlackBerry World
    11-11-13 12:30 PM
    One more thing: everyone is so focussed on the rumours surrounding Google Play, but actually there are a lot more original ideas coming to 10.2.1+. Like the picture password option, I am glad they do not just 'copy' the competition. They are trying to create ways to make the OS easier to work with, and still design them in original ways, I like that!
    Actually WP8 has a picture password. Though BlackBerry's implementation it completely different

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:31 PM
    There are threads on here about folks having issues answering calls using the current gesture. Perhaps the new side to side gesture was tested and found to work easier for folks.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Yep I thought it was agreed that holding and moving the icon was already too android. Use of keyboard or true gestures that didnt have a virtual button to move is what was suggested. As it is up and down is just about tolerable.
    11-11-13 12:44 PM
    Because the OS is still totally different, the swipes ect, I'd love to have Google play on BlackBerry as well, gives me choice and more apps thus I'm sure more people will come and make BlackBerry even bigger and better. Without people there won't be BlackBerry much longer

Posted from my Z30.
    If BlackBerry does not cut it for you, if you can't seem to answer a call because you have to swipe down instead of sideways, if you want Android apps, if you want the whole BB experience to be more like Android.......... buy an Android device. You can do without the minimal BB features.

Without a BB OS that isn't just like an Android OS, there won't be a BlackBerry much longer. If BlackBerry has to adopt so many features of another OS in order to make BlackBerry relevant and gain more of the market share, forget about selling BB...... just give it away to another OS. With each "improvement" BB does to it's OS, I'm beginning to think BBOS7 is the real BB and BB10 is just another version of Android.
    11-11-13 12:57 PM
    If BlackBerry does not cut it for you, if you can't seem to answer a call because you have to swipe down instead of sideways, if you want Android apps, if you want the whole BB experience to be more like Android.......... buy an Android device. You can do without the minimal BB features.

Without a BB OS that isn't just like an Android OS, there won't be a BlackBerry much longer. If BlackBerry has to adopt so many features of another OS in order to make BlackBerry relevant and gain more of the market share, forget about selling BB...... just give it away to another OS. With each "improvement" BB does to it's OS, I'm beginning to think BBOS7 is the real BB and BB10 is just another version of Android.
    Weird cause I never said I don't know how to swipe up ect. And the way BlackBerry is runing now it's not going to last longer. That's why they are in trouble because people like you don't like change. If YOU don't like android apps then don't download them lol no one is forcing you, but MORE choice is always better than less.
    I only have two apps (android) side loaded Xbox smart glass and a Habs app. So it's not a big deal to me, but considering android is #1 it seems to matter to some people.

Ps.. I'm a die hard BlackBerry fan. I tired an S3 had it for half a year until the Z10 came out

Posted from my Z30.
    Last edited by habs_fan; 11-11-13 at 01:27 PM.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:15 PM
    Did not know that. But I guess Microsoft is in a similar position, they also need new and distinguishing features to look innovative. I am glad to hear at least the implementation is different, there are only so many easy/logical ways to do image passwords.
    I hope the TAT team is involved in some of these new features, that should put some minds at ease about how they will look.
    ...Actually WP8 has a picture password. Though BlackBerry's implementation it completely different...
    11-11-13 01:26 PM
    I think that is the gesture that let us back to previous page. What I meant is how to back to top of current page, not only in CB app but also in many others like Browser, Facebook, Twitter...
    In the CB app, double tap the orange banner and you are back on top of page
    In the Browser swipe down from the top bezel and tap the little banner that drops down to go to top of page
    It is present in the OS, just not everywhere yet

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:50 PM
    Lucas from N4BB just tweeted that although he isn't supposed to be saying it, the new call screen will be something like the ICS one

BlackBerry 10.2.1 update to feature new call screen and quick settings-_new_tw_rail_img-37-.png

PS. Remember that the feature could always not make it to the final release and this maybe is far from the final version!!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:36 PM
    Lucas from N4BB just tweeted that although he isn't supposed to be saying it, the new call screen will be something like the ICS one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_new_Tw_rail_img(37).png 
Views:	1052 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	219501

Posted via CB10
    Looks alright, makes no difference to me weather I swipe up or swipe right to answer calls lol
    If it brings more people to BlackBerry then I'm all for it

Posted from my Z30.
    11-11-13 02:37 PM
    Looks alright, makes no difference to me weather I swipe up or swipe right to answer calls lol
    If it brings more people to BlackBerry then I'm all for it

Posted from my Z30.
    I agree. But say you're right handed, and you bought bb10 device because it's built specifically for one handed operations. Now say you're in a rush somewhere and are holding a million and one things in your left hand and your phone in your right hand. What if you get the call that you've been waiting for a really long. You want to slide right, but you can't because your hand's too wide/big. And then you miss your call.

Would make a lot of people angry
    11-11-13 03:25 PM
    Why change the beautiful Swipe up/down? Its so unique.
    Maybe that's part of the issue. When you design something that is unique and better, the market rewards you for the most part. Other's copy it, etc. But when you design something that's just different for the sake of being different, it instead can become a barrier to users that are considering switching to and using your technology, as well an a agraavation to those that have switched and are used to another convention.

I personally think with BlackBerry 10 failing to take off, there might be a process going on inside of BB -- that is saying -- ok let's address things users are having issues with. Another example is the added "Hub icon" in 10.2.

Basically the OS went a bit overboard with the whole gestures thing, perhaps? And now they are compensating -- a bit -- probably to please the enterprise customers that are complaining about how different BB10 is from a) old BlackBerrys and b) iPhones...
    11-11-13 03:27 PM
180 ... 23456 ...