I was filing some legal papers in my local Court of Appeals while I found a lawyer friend, not technologically savvy, with a first generation Z10, loaded with BlackBerry 10.0.0.31. She saw my Passport, running the shiny BlackBerry 10.3.2 system, and I immediately offered to upgrade her phone, and showed her how to do it. Her carrier restricts her phone to 10.3.1, but this still really is one heck of an upgrade.

What things should I look for in such an upgrade? What kind of issues do you think may arise? Is this going to be a rocky upgrade, or an easy one?

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-07-15 12:17 PM
    Well, generally it should just update and all will be fine but... there's always a chance it could screw up. Just make sure you do a backup of the device before you do it. Android apps, if she has any installed, could stop working. Contacts could go missing, calendar dates could be removed...etc etc etc....but really that's the risk you take. You either do it......or don't. Just ensure the backup is good.
    08-07-15 12:21 PM
    What things should I look for in such an upgrade? What kind of issues do you think may arise? Is this going to be a rocky upgrade, or an easy one?

Wide vision, from Chile.
    The typical stuff applies: Make sure to backup the phone. Make sure the phone is on a charger and you got a stable internet connection.
    Keep in mind the OS might need some time to "settle in" after such an upgrade. So she might see decreased battery life and performance the first day or two.

If that doesn't get better, reloading the OS might do the trick.
    08-08-15 01:58 AM