Note to Forum police. I started a separate thread as this is a long term problem that has not been fixed despite my installing many leaks and making numerous posts since April 1 when I got my Z10.

Z10 on AT&T now running leak OS10.2.0.1443. I have installed a number of leaks.
    I sync the Z10 to my home 5 GHz WiFi channel.

With all of these leaks, I have had problems with the WiFi staying connected. Primarily this occurs when coming home and every few days it will fail to connect. Sometimes after restarting the WiFi it will be connected. Other times, particularly with this leak, it will not connect and I have to re-link it with the WPS on my router (Linksys EA6500 with WPA2 personal) .

Last night, about 3:30 AM, I was up to the bathroom and when I got back into bed I noticed that the Z10 was re-booting itself. It has not done that for a long time and only one or two times before while on the original AT&T official release.

After it re-booted, then the WiFi would not connect. I manually restarted it again and still the WiFi would not connect. It wanted the password again. So then I went to my Comcast cable modem and found that it has lost connection as well ??!! I restarted the cable modem and then got full up/down connection. Then I used the WPS button on the router to re-connect with the Z10 and it worked. At risk of sounding paranoid, I live here in spook valley just one block from the court where Snowden will be tried when we get him back. Some people around here could be the young skilled hackers that our US government hires and one of them after a late Saturday night on the town might have been trying to hack my network - successfully and caused the Z10 to re-book and my modem to disconnect. Comcast could have been fiddling with the network too.

Now 7 hours later it is still connected but I have not been away either.

Another and probably connected issue is when at a Starbucks with overloaded AT&T WiFi, the Z10 will try to use that and turn off the LTE. But if the WiFi is weak or overloaded I don't get internet connection and further the Z10 will cycle between LTE and WiFi back and forth. I have to actually turn the WiFi off to force it to use the LTE. Then of course when home it often won't connect when I turn WiFi back on.

Similar problems with the Airplane mode and WiFi.
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 09-22-13 at 09:28 AM.
    09-22-13 09:15 AM
    I'm not sure who you are expecting to fix this for you? These are leaks... you are entitled to no warranty or expectation of problem free service. If that's an issue for you then revert to your carriers official OS.. at that point, and only then, if the problem continues contact your carrier to have your device serviced. You may have a defective wifi radio.
    09-22-13 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure who you are expecting to fix this for you? These are leaks... you are entitled to no warranty or expectation of problem free service. If that's an issue for you then revert to your carriers official OS.. at that point, and only then, if the problem continues contact your carrier to have your device serviced. You may have a defective wifi radio.
    Others have this problem too - so it is most likely the OS and not my device. I don't don't see how it could be a carrier problem either. I expect Blackberry to fix the software that causes the problem. I would expect others who have similar issues to chime in and then for Blackberry folks to get the word. I have seen numerous other posts about this. I saw it before installing any leak. In fact one of the reasons I have installed leaks is with hope that it has been fixed. If in fact, I am the only one with this problem then, I will ask AT&T to replace the phone as defective.
    09-22-13 02:26 PM
    This sounds like a hardware problem. My wife and I both have Z10's and I have, at one time or another, tried each and every leak. We are also on the AT&T network and have Comcast as our internet provider. We also use a dual-band wifi network in our home with a Motorola Surfboard modem and a top-of-the-line Netgear router. We have experienced no such problems on either of our phones. I have, in the past, however, read articles on the net that intermittent wifi problems have been associated with certain non-updated modems on the Comcast network, my modem included. The fix was to call Comcast and make sure that they have sent the very latest software update to the modem. Comcast must do this, you cannot. This is just an idea and I do not know if it will solve your issue. Good luck. If this suggestion does not help, I would suspect a Z10 that needs repair.
    just_luc likes this.
    09-22-13 02:42 PM
    This sounds like a hardware problem. My wife and I both have Z10's and I have, at one time or another, tried each and every leak. We are also on the AT&T network and have Comcast as our internet provider. We also use a dual-band wifi network in our home with a Motorola Surfboard modem and a top-of-the-line Netgear router. We have experienced no such problems on either of our phones. I have, in the past, however, read articles on the net that intermittent wifi problems have been associated with certain non-updated modems on the Comcast network, my modem included. The fix was to call Comcast and make sure that they have sent the very latest software update to the modem. Comcast must do this, you cannot. This is just an idea and I do not know if it will solve your issue. Good luck. If this suggestion does not help, I would suspect a Z10 that needs repair.
    Thanks for the information. I bought my own cable modem, a Motorola SB 6141, a top of the line model. I will check if there is new firmware for it. Comcast here is problematic and I suspect they were upgrading something at 3:00 AM on Sunday. The other issue though may be with my phone. I will take it to the AT&T store where I bought it (that particular store is not Blackberry hostile and they are selling some). However, I have read on other posts that people have problems on the 5 GHz band WiFi. Do you use that one?
    09-22-13 04:30 PM