Utterly bizarre email behavior. Got an itinerary from AA on my Yahoo account. Forwarded it to some people, using another email account (drop down, selected different Send From account). Instead of forwarding the itinerary, it "replied" to a (one month old) email thread in the email account from which I forwarded the itinerary. This is a very worrisome and dangerous bug.

Bizarre Email Behavior - Forwarding Email Results in "Replying" to Old Email w/New Subject-capture.jpg
    09-24-13 09:05 AM
    Nasty and totally unacceptable if it happened like you describe it.

Just to be 100% sure: The sender and recipient is correct, but the mail body is from a completely different email?

What does your device show as the sent item? Same as Outlook or does it show the correct mail body?
    Can you reproduce it (just forward to your self)?
    09-24-13 09:17 AM
    Nasty and totally unacceptable if it happened like you describe it.

Just to be 100% sure: The sender and recipient is correct, but the mail body is from a completely different email?

What does your device show as the sent item? Same as Outlook or does it show the correct mail body?
    Can you reproduce it (just forward to your self)?
    To be clear, the sender (AA.com) is correct, the recipients of my email (my friends, on another email account) are correct. The subject (AA.com itinerary on hold) is correct. The body just got replaced by a discussion we were having a month ago!

My device shows the same thing. I checked my Sent Items in Outlook before posting to confirm it showed the same thing.

I will try to reproduce later. I'm fairly sure this is how it happened. I certainly didn't go to an old email chain with my friends from a month ago, Reply to All, and change to subject to match my AA itinerary on hold!

Very scary...
    09-24-13 09:21 AM
    I will add: This is a very very dangerous and scary issue. I keep several email accounts on my device: my personal Yahoo, my friends chat email, and my work email. The fact that one can "jump the wall" and "reply" to something unrelated when simple forwarding is very concerning.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:24 AM
    I was able to reproduce it. I forwarded the AA itinerary, that I had received using Yahoo from my second email account (MS Exchange) to my Gmail account (work). I double checked before sending, and it showed the itinerary. As soon as I sent, it sent the same unrelated conversation from a month ago:

Bizarre Email Behavior - Forwarding Email Results in "Replying" to Old Email w/New Subject-capture2.jpg
    09-24-13 10:21 AM
    This might be the nail in the coffin for me with BlackBerry. I simply can't have a device which I don't trust to forward the right emails. Too much can go wrong with a bug like this.
    09-24-13 10:22 AM
    What OS version u using currently? I try to forward my company email using my gmail to my other email work just fine.

My OS 10.2.0.1743 STL100-1.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-13 11:04 AM
    The latest MR from T-Mobile. 1.4200 or something. Just started happening tho, and I upgraded to this OS weeks ago. I don't think it's the OS.

Either way, BIG problem. With whom do I address this problem? I'm sure TMO wouldn't have a solution? With BlackBerry directly?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:01 PM