BlackBerry is doing well overall, on a slow but steady track towards a profitable business.

One of the major revenue decrease comes from services, while people port from bbos to bb10 or other platforms subscriptions to bis are dropping significantly.

In the spirit of going cross platform with their services BlackBerry should launch BIS10 consisting of a bundle of services such as BlackBerry protect, cloud backup and restore, BlackBerry secure email, bbm secure etc... straight to the consumer using bb10, windows,iphone,android, like most services first year free people try it, love it, hate it etc.. and start paying through their carriers a year later just like the old BIS billing.

If this gets picked up well, service charges could be reduced or waived for bb10 devices and hence helping also in boosting hardware sales.

Opinions plz.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-28-15 08:55 AM
    BlackBerry is doing well overall, on a slow but steady track towards a profitable business.

One of the major revenue decrease comes from services, while people port from bbos to bb10 or other platforms subscriptions to bis are dropping significantly.

In the spirit of going cross platform with their services BlackBerry should launch BIS10 consisting of a bundle of services such as BlackBerry protect, cloud backup and restore, BlackBerry secure email, bbm secure etc... straight to the consumer using bb10, windows,iphone,android, like most services first year free people try it, love it, hate it etc.. and start paying through their carriers a year later just like the old BIS billing.

If this gets picked up well, service charges could be reduced or waived for bb10 devices and hence helping also in boosting hardware sales.

Opinions plz.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is not that BlackBerry did not want to continue to offer and charge for BlackBerry services like those you suggest. It is that many if not most of the largest carriers didn't want to continue that business model going forward. They don't have to do that with other smartphones and BlackBerry isn't the power in the industry they were when they set that up.

There are some services that you can get by subscribing directly with BlackBerry. Some are only available on BES, but others are available without BES. If you want this side of the business to grow you should probably subscribe to these features and then request the ones you want.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 03:52 PM
    The problem is not that BlackBerry did not want to continue to offer and charge for BlackBerry services like those you suggest. It is that many if not most of the largest carriers didn't want to continue that business model going forward. They don't have to do that with other smartphones and BlackBerry isn't the power in the industry they were when they set that up.

There are some services that you can get by subscribing directly with BlackBerry. Some are only available on BES, but others are available without BES. If you want this side of the business to grow you should probably subscribe to these features and then request the ones you want.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    Thnx for your input, but the old BIS was obligatory for bb7 users, and BlackBerry was in control and hence butchered the carriers profit margins on these services, and I believe that's why carriers rejected them.

What am proposing is actually an optional bis10 service that can be sold even to apple and droid users, and maybe give the carriers a healthy margin for them to sell your service, or another model would be through the xplatform bbm appstore, my point is reach android and apple people with BlackBerry services that we used to enjoy on the old platform, with some of the new.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 02:24 AM
    Thnx for your input, but the old BIS was obligatory for bb7 users, and BlackBerry was in control and hence butchered the carriers profit margins on these services, and I believe that's why carriers rejected them.

What am proposing is actually an optional bis10 service that can be sold even to apple and droid users, and maybe give the carriers a healthy margin for them to sell your service, or another model would be through the xplatform bbm appstore, my point is reach android and apple people with BlackBerry services that we used to enjoy on the old platform, with some of the new.

Posted via CB10
    That is more likely to happen. I suggested that model to them before the launch of BB10. They didn't outright reject it, but the closest they have come to it are the subscription services I mentioned.

Edit:

Bla1ze posted about some here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1008839
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    03-29-15 06:30 AM
    Quoted my own post instead of editing.
    03-29-15 06:37 AM