Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello,

mandatory diverting xyz@brand.blackberry.com to bb10 : it recommends strongly to use the bb-id E-Mail.

That i did not, but chose a non- BB-ID mail.

Is there an advantage or a disadvantage

Posted via CB10
    10-06-19 05:15 AM
    Hello,

mandatory diverting xyz@brand.blackberry.com to bb10 : it recommends strongly to use the bb-id E-Mail.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry email service was shut down many years ago.
    10-06-19 06:57 AM
    Hello,

Posted via CB10
    The question is kind of confusing.

But, the BIS account never required a "user@carriername.blackberry.net" or ".com" email account to be associated with it. Any valid email address would work fine. Mine was set for my home ISP email account - which I had from my first BlackBerry, a Pearl 8100 from 2007, and made into my BBID, when that was added around 2011 before BB10 came out, and carried over to my Z10 in 2013.

I only had to change my BBID email at the beginning of this year because we moved and changed our ISP, so my old email finally disappeared.

I do remember that many users did have their BIS tied to a blackberry.net/com email. I also seem to remember that it was suggested to NOT use that same address for the BBID. Which became apparent when, as Conite noted, BlackBerry shut down their email service soon after BB10 came out (forget exactly when, though).

If you're saying that you only recently changed your BIS login from the old blackberry.com email, and it's a different address from the one you use for your BBID... I don't know if there's really a problem with that.

I hope your BBID doesn't use the blackberry.com address?
    dubengeldu likes this.
    10-06-19 10:45 AM
    Just for the record. BIS email service has never been shut down and works like a charm (but is only available for BBOS devices). This is actually one of the reasons why I still use a legacy BB, just to have emails showing on my end two to five seconds after being sent.

Sent from my BB 9320 using CB Forums app
    Last edited by Lex24; 10-06-19 at 01:29 PM.
    dubengeldu likes this.
    10-06-19 01:17 PM
    Just for the record. BIS email service has never been shut down and works like a charm. This is actually one of the reasons why I still use BBOS device, just to have emails showing on my end three to five seconds after being sent.

The BIS email address shutdown is what @joeldf was referring to. It was shutdown in 2012-2014 timeframe depending on your carrier. I remember the status @carrier.blackberry.net email had for some people. LMAO remembering the old days. Now five year old have old smartphones on WiFi setup with email.
    10-06-19 01:26 PM
    My email address is:

myname_at_bell_dot_blackberry_dot_net

10-06-19 01:34 PM
    My email address is:

myname@bell.blackberry.net

Twelve months before carriers turned off this feature, user had obligation to provide email forwarding address. I’m assuming you did as such. If not, then Bell Canada would be the only carrier still allowing this.
    10-06-19 01:39 PM
    From my perspective as a Bell Mobility customer the only thing which was shutdown around 2014/15 was email forwarding service, from BIS address to a new address as provided by the user. But it only affected users who actually switched from a BBOS device to BB10 device. Those who kept their BBOS devices have never had any interruption with their "blackberry_net" email service.

10-06-19 02:20 PM
    From my perspective as a Bell Mobility customer the only thing which was shutdown around 2014/15 was email forwarding service, from BIS address to a new address as provided by the user. But it only affected users who actually switched from a BBOS device to BB10 device. Those who kept their BBOS devices have never had any interruption with their "blackberry_net" email service.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post11638671
    10-06-19 02:47 PM
    Just for the record. BIS email service has never been shut down and works like a charm (but is only available for BBOS devices). This is actually one of the reasons why I still use a legacy BB, just to have emails showing on my end two to five seconds after being sent.

Yup. I used my 9900 until this 30th of september o2 concluded bis support, i enjoyed a swift decombobulator serverchain besides my q20classic having fixed a dozen q10 q20s

Posted via CB10
    10-06-19 03:40 PM
    @chuckfinley69:

The link provided in your last post just confirms what I have said before. Users of pre-os 10 devices were not affected by the shutdown. Only forwarding service was shutdown, "blackberry_dot_net" email service itself has never been shutdown.

Some carriers will still activate a new BIS data plan (BlackBerry data plan) today for customers who bring their own BBOS phone and it's safe to assume that those customers can get "blackberry_dot_net" email service activated as well because it is an integral part of BIS. You can ask at Bold 9900 sub forum, it is the most active sub forum in the BBOS section.

10-06-19 03:57 PM
    @chuckfinley69:

The link provided in your last post just confirms what I have said before. Users of pre-os 10 devices were not affected by the shutdown. Only forwarding service was shutdown, "blackberry_dot_net" email service itself has never been shutdown.

Some carriers will still activate a new BIS data plan (BlackBerry data plan) today for customers who bring their own BBOS phone and it's safe to assume that those customers can get "blackberry_dot_net" email service activated as well because it is an integral part of BIS. You can ask at Bold 9900 sub forum, it is the most active sub forum in the BBOS section.

My last two BBOS devices were forced to give up their @Att.blackberry.net email addresses. I never did the forwarding service. One day, the email addresses were gone, no longer valid. I never used them since I used actual email addresses through BIS that I use with all my devices. It was only an issue for BBID since it’s how I set up each of my BBOS devices each time back then. As linked thread had someone listing the message received.

I left BBOS for BB10 in 2013 and never looked back until 2016 when I activated 9860 for nostalgia reasons as third line. AT&T specifically no longer allowed me to elect @ att.blackberry.net email address. I played stupid with tech support and the agent looked up the old notification from 3-4 years earlier. As I said, perhaps Bell negotiated some deal and that’s first I’ve heard of it. That’d be cool since I’d activate third line again for just that reason. I’d have fun with bill collectors and such.
    10-06-19 04:19 PM
    Here in germany the isp called "base" (eplus net) shutit down in 2016. Its sister corp isp called "o2" this very 30th of september. I used these since bold9000, 8520,9900 countless since studytimes and liked the swift hard to decypher e-mail services. The germans replaced the devices all devices like that on intel-coma time realtime. Itdidntseem tomake a big difference, but im confident all got through properly always.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-19 09:24 AM