Data's handled by your carrier now. So it could be a down cell tower or service outage or maintenance carrier wise.
    12-01-13 01:06 PM
    Bb10 does not use BIS.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:01 PM
    Since when 10 series devices use BIS?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:44 PM
    Since when 10 series devices use BIS?

Posted via CB10
    Since they were released.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:58 PM
    I dunno about this. I've been BBM messaging with my sister (Q10) across the pond all day and group chatting with her and my oldest sister (xBBM iPhone4s) without one hiccup all day. I'm on Bell in Toronto.
    12-01-13 04:59 PM
    Something is down. My son's S4 on MTS has no data, and his mom's Q5 seems to have no BlackBerry services (ie, the BlackBerry icon isn't showing up in the network connection icons at top) with wifi or cell (Virgin Mobile) and bbm won't work for her. My daughter (Q10) and I (Z10), both on Rogers are fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:33 PM
    BB10 does not use BIS.

Do you have use of the BlackBerry domain email with BB10?
    No. BB10 users can have email forwarded from there old legacy device. But for only one year.

BBM does go through the BlackBerry NOC. That's why you see the BlackBerry symbol on your phone.

If Netflix works then your not on BIS as when using BIS your phones IP shows as the location of the NOC and not where you are. Such as Waterloo CA.

This is from Vodafone:
    http://support.vodafone.com.au/artic...ata-BIS-or-BES

Until now, if you wanted to use a BlackBerry (BB) you needed to add a BB pack to your plan. The BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) or BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) pack let you use unlimited BB instant messaging, internet, email and corporate networks.
    With the introduction of the BlackBerry 10 OS (BB10OS), things have changed. The Z10 doesn't use BIS. They use standard data, through the Vodafone live APN, the same way any other smartphones does.

This was made VERY clear by BlackBerry. It was known before BB10 was launched.

If you don't think I am correct call BlackBerry and ask them yourself.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 07:05 PM
    It is true. We now have the privilege of using twice the data we used to.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    12-01-13 07:12 PM
    No blackberry data here either in the G.T.A with rogers since 1pm
    12-01-13 07:13 PM
    Lol... lots of miss information on this thread... BlackBerry 10 is capable of using BIS... I'm using my old BIS plan right now... $45 unlimited data... I didn't get my Z10 from my carrier... I purchased it unlocked from other sources and cut my old sim card to fit. BB10 no longer REQUIRES BIS but it is compatible with it.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    Oh the irony of the misinformation you just added to the thread!

Your Z10 is using the DATA part of your old unlimited BIS plan only. It is not making use of BIS. BB10 was not programmed to make use of BIS in any way.

BBM still connects to the NOC but not over BIS.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:36 PM
    I don't have the BlackBerry service symbol either. Been happening since Friday afternoon. My bbms randomly got sent and I received some in the middle of last night but haven't got any since.

On telus, just updated bbm and on 10.2.1..

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:26 PM
    Lol... lots of miss information on this thread... BlackBerry 10 is capable of using BIS... I'm using my old BIS plan right now... $45 unlimited data... I didn't get my Z10 from my carrier... I purchased it unlocked from other sources and cut my old sim card to fit. BB10 no longer REQUIRES BIS but it is compatible with it.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    To keep in theme with your lovely post...I'll be...typing like this because...one doesn't do the job...

You may "have" BIS subscribed...but you are not using it...your data is going through a different port...since grandfathered BB data plans sometimes had all data ports open (not just BIS as a social plan might have)...I hope you...understand
    12-01-13 08:32 PM
    My Rogers invoice states Blackberry BIS data plan. However I do understand that BB10 does not utilize BIS like a BBOS device.

Also not connected all day.

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 10:10 PM
    In February and March I had 14 days each with Bell and with Rogers. That is in Canada.

Each time I canceled. Z10 was new, and I was a first-time BlackBerry user, not carrying any previous BlackBerry contact data or email or anything. No upgrading just a new buy.

In each case there was confusing information provided to me. I was the purchaser. A newbie consumer. So, I can confirm something positive to the people in Canada who claim that they believe their BlackBerry bb10 phones use some or all of the functions of BIS.

BB10 does not use BIS.
    This was made VERY clear by BlackBerry. It was known before BB10 was launched. ..
    I was interested also in getting to the bottom of it. As a newbie, I couldn't find any information on BlackBerry.com at that time nine months ago.

When I canceled with Bell and with Rogers it was for a number of reasons not just the BIS or not BIS doubt/confusion factor. The same batch of reasons. When for the third time I purchased a new Z10 and a contract, I asked nothing about BIS because I had by then learned that the legendary BlackBerry BIS data compression thing was not going to be significant (to me) in terms of reducing my consumption of wireless data.
    12-02-13 01:31 AM
    People who think BB10 has BIS are totally misinformed ...

BIS down globally-img_20131178.png
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-02-13 02:48 AM
40 12