I want to use BIS on my BB Z10 rather than normal data plan. So how to setup BIS on Z10 my carrier is Vodafone India........? DID Z10 supports BIS.....or not plz answer..
    11-14-13 03:45 AM
    :nohope:

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:52 AM
    I want to use BIS on my BB Z10 rather than normal data plan. So how to setup BIS on Z10 my carrier is Vodafone India........? DID Z10 supports BIS.....or not plz answer..
    Hi danish and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    The answer is not as clear as yes or no ... hopefully Adam did write a full blog entry about it : Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com
    Check it out !

Cheers,
    SF
    Elite1 and mrfreeze like this.
    11-14-13 03:57 AM
    Please do not post duplicate threads on the same topic.
    Your other thread has been closed.
    11-14-13 03:58 AM
    I don't want to use normal data plan i want to use a special blackberry data plan ........so how to setup BIS on Z10...
    11-14-13 04:04 AM
    I don't want to use normal data plan i want to use a special blackberry data plan ........so how to setup BIS on Z10...
    Cannot means cannot. Why are you so persistent?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and epark88 like this.
    11-14-13 04:25 AM
    It depends on your carrier. Here in Saudi Arabia, mobily still offers BIS to BB10. I tried this in STC and BIS is working too. Same way as the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:50 AM
    It depends on your carrier. Here in Saudi Arabia, mobily still offers BIS to BB10. I tried this in STC and BIS is working too. Same way as the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    Mobily is the biggest lair in history, they say it's BIS but it's not. I use to use their sim 4 the last 5 years then they started to be a big fat lie, now I always recommend anyone not to use their sims.

Did you try using mobile hotspot?! They blocked it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:20 AM
    Mobily is the biggest lair in history, they say it's BIS but it's not. I use to use their sim 4 the last 5 years then they started to be a big fat lie, now I always recommend anyone not to use their sims.

Posted via CB10
    There is no BIS. But the option to delete on handheld coming soon. That's all BIS had going for it.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-14-13 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. It doesn't work like that.

You could subscribe BIS for your Z10, but there is no way it will use the BIS service. Instead BB10 will bypass the BIS and use telco APN instead.

After all, BIS is just an additional subscription on top of normal data plan. It has been like that since the beginning. If anything, one is just paying additional fee for something he/she cannot actually use.
    11-14-13 07:20 AM
    Hi danish and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    The answer is not as clear as yes or no ... hopefully Adam did write a full blog entry about it : Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com
    Check it out !

Cheers,
    SF
    Wrong. The answer is plainly NO. No BIS on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm using STC on my curve, my Z10 is connected through mobile hotspot on my curve. I tried once the BIS on my Z10 but never tried the mobile hotspot.

I thought it's the STC who is the biggest liar...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    You CANNOT get a bb10 to work with BIS. Period.

This was a known issue two years ago!!!!!

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-14-13 08:01 AM
    No. It doesn't work like that.

You could subscribe BIS for your Z10, but there is no way it will use the BIS service. Instead BB10 will bypass the BIS and use telco APN instead.

After all, BIS is just an additional subscription on top of normal data plan. It has been like that since the beginning. If anything, one is just paying additional fee for something he/she cannot actually use.
    This...

http://www.mobily.com.sa/portalu/wps...etPortlet=true

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:04 AM
    I'm using STC on my curve, my Z10 is connected through mobile hotspot on my curve. I tried once the BIS on my Z10 but never tried the mobile hotspot.

I thought it's the STC who is the biggest liar...

Posted via CB10
    Lol stc is a lair too but at least they have the hotspot working on their network plus they have the best coverage in ksa. I use zain, they're good, they need to work on their coverage though.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:14 AM
    Don't believe that, it's a lie, it's just normal internet package but with the name BIS, cause BIS costs more than normal internet and they know a lot of people in ksa don't know that BlackBerry10 doesn't use BIS anymore so they take advantage of that.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:16 AM
    The fact that the side loaded Netflix works shows their is no BIS.

Those that know how BIS works knows the reason why it works now.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-14-13 08:29 AM
    Don't believe that, it's a lie, it's just normal internet package but with the name BIS, cause BIS costs more than normal internet and they know a lot of people in ksa don't know that BlackBerry10 doesn't use BIS anymore so they take advantage of that.

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm using BIS on my curve and use the mobile hotshot to connect my Z10. But the data is only 1GB, but it's OK, as long as my Z10 is working plus 79SR is not that expensive for two BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:05 AM
    Well I'm using BIS on my curve and use the mobile hotshot to connect my Z10. But the data is only 1GB, but it's OK, as long as my Z10 is working plus 79SR is not that expensive for two BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    Yes BIS is only for legacy devices like the curve, 79SR isn't expensive at all but it's cheaper in other countries plus internet package in ksa itself is cheaper than BIS ( unless u choose a higher package than 1GB).

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:53 AM
    There is no BIS. But the option to delete on handheld coming soon. That's all BIS had going for it.

That is not completely accurate. BIS also had email filters that worked very well and that I sorely miss. You could set up filters that allowed email from only certain users or on specific topics. So, while away from home, I would only get email from friends and family members that I wanted to see. All the rest of my email was not sent to my phone at all.

Also BIS really compressed data when browsing the web. So smaller data plans could more easily accommodate the flow of data. Folks with the new bb10 devices are finding that they are going beyond their lower data allowances.

So, there was much more to bis then controlling retaining email on the phone/server.
    Superfly_FR, Mr Bigs and ssbtech like this.
    11-14-13 11:40 AM
    I know this may upset some people in this thread... but I am indeed using BIS on both my BlackBerry 10 phones a Z30 and a Q10. Its dependent on the carrier if they offer it to you by accident which is what happened on the line my z30 uses with Orange/EE. Originally I had a z10 and Orange gave me a BIS plan Jan 31st the 1st day Z10 was released in the UK but recently got an unlocked z30 and I'm still using a BIS plan. And my Q10 is on T-Mobile/EE and I never bothered to change my tariff when I switched from my 9900 to Q10 so I still have my BIS plan. My carrier is EE in the UK. And my data usage monthly. under BIS is generally between 400mg-600mg max on each line.

So yes you can use BIS on BB10 but it all depends on your network provider.

BlackBerry owner since 2004. Currently rocking white Z10; Black Q10 & 64gb PlayBook
    11-14-13 08:51 PM
    I know this may upset some people in this thread... but I am indeed using BIS on both my BlackBerry 10 phones a Z30 and a Q10. Its dependent on the carrier if they offer it to you by accident which is what happened on the line my z30 uses with Orange/EE. Originally I had a z10 and Orange gave me a BIS plan Jan 31st the 1st day Z10 was released in the UK but recently got an unlocked z30 and I'm still using a BIS plan. And my Q10 is on T-Mobile/EE and I never bothered to change my tariff when I switched from my 9900 to Q10 so I still have my BIS plan. My carrier is EE in the UK. And my data usage monthly. under BIS is generally between 400mg-600mg max on each line.

BlackBerry owner since 2004. Currently rocking white Z10; Black Q10 & 64gb PlayBook
    No you're not.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:27 PM
    This thread needs a big " Do Not Feed" sign, haha
    11-14-13 10:48 PM
    Last edited by chiphazard; 11-15-13 at 02:16 PM.
    11-15-13 04:24 AM

Bis is in your plan as you said. Trust me, you're not using it though.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-15-13 06:45 AM
91 123 ...