Usually I put my phone in standby then drop it in my pocket. Great right!

Here's the problem:

Example 1 - phone is in standby mode and password lock enabled due to inactivity.
    If I miss a phone call or ignore a call with my headset/BT my BlackBerry never goes back into standby mode. The phone gets waked and the keyboard is constantly typing the wrong password.

Example 2 - phone is in standby mode and the password lock is not enabled yet as it was just put in my pocket. The phone rings and wakes the phone in my pocket. I miss the call and the phone app is left on. Now my phone starts dialing from call list or favorites.

Is anyone else annoyed with this?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:27 PM
    Yes, I have experienced these peeves. Not necessarily in the order that you have described, but I have pulled my phone out of my pocket (or whatever) and it is showing that I have entered my password wrong 3-times. One small note tho'
    If I missed a call, the phone app automatically closes. If I initiate the call then the app stays open- that is the only difference here.
    05-19-15 12:42 PM
    Yes, I have experienced these peeves. Not necessarily in the order that you have described, but I have pulled my phone out of my pocket (or whatever) and it is showing that I have entered my password wrong 3-times. One small note tho'
    If I missed a call, the phone app automatically closes. If I initiate the call then the app stays open- that is the only difference here.
    I know they changed this around between different OS Versions but mostly noticing this in the latest beta. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680

What are you on?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 01:15 PM
    I know they changed this around between different OS Versions but mostly noticing this in the latest beta. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680

What are you on?

Posted via CB10
    I am on the same OS as you, but, I am using my Z30. I did not update my Passport to the latest yet.
    05-19-15 01:19 PM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 12:06 AM
    Pocketsafe!! Great app.

Passport on ATT
    07-29-15 09:56 AM
    When using PocketSafe, to prevent getting the pop up every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:45 PM
    Pocket safe action committee response initiated.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:20 PM
    I see more posts recently about this problem. Is there a "planted" viral marketing going around?
    Great app though, I have been using it as well.

Posted on my white Z10 via CB10
    Vector-SS likes this.
    08-02-15 05:02 AM
    I made this app that will fix called PPIFO (Put Phone In Pocket Facing Outward). I can sell it to you for $1.99. Totally fixes the problem

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer and dhavalme09 like this.
    08-02-15 08:36 AM
    Not the same issue, but an issue I have with the phone app is that after silencing a call you can't minimize the app

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:47 AM
    Clean your screen from a sweat.
    I always discover that with my z30 after a conversation while holding a phone between head and shoulder.
    Afterwards it becomes crazy, because screen can't detect properly the touches.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    08-02-15 03:31 PM
    Clean your screen from a sweat.
    I always discover that with my z30 after a conversation while holding a phone between head and shoulder.
    Afterwards it becomes crazy, because screen can't detect properly the touches.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    I work outside and yes sweat does really mess up touch screens!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:24 PM