I'm super pumped to get this new blackberry phone, and i'm liking everything I see but i realised something today. Rim has been talking about this flow and i am impressed with it, but I was wondering what happens after you peek into your hub decide to go to your messages and reply to someone, when you leave your hub do you go back to where you were before. For example, if I was on my browser full screen and i get a notification. I peek into my inbox to see who its from. I then choose to act on it. I reply to the message and it's all good. Now when i swipe out of my hub (i guess pulling from the right to the left) do i go back my browser as it was? or do I go to my active frames page?
    10-06-12 02:37 PM
    It will go to active frames. It is up to the app to control whether it continues to run in the background, or pause when it loses focus.
    10-06-12 04:16 PM
    I understand that, but it defeats the purpose.

sure you can check your notifications without interruption but if you want to act on it, it takes you out of what you were doing. hows that any different from what we do now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-06-12 05:34 PM
    It doesn't defeat the purpose. Right now, you press the back button on the BlackBerry to get back to the app you were using. There isn't a button in BB10, so the active frames screen is a nice alternative. So, instead of clicking the back button, you click the frame. It is still running (unless the app is written to pause).
    10-07-12 10:49 AM
    also when you go to the active frames after leaving the hub that last app you were in is also at the top left, in less then I second i can go from the hub to the app I was previous in.
    10-10-12 08:42 AM
    Maybe it'll be like the pb where you can choose default, paused or showcase.
    10-10-12 08:58 AM
    I don't think that will be the case, it seems that they are going by an individual app basis, because there is a permission that we put in the app where it will ask about being aloud to run in the background (will still have an active frame just no processing when it is minimized). I think this is better because if you put it in showcase then you would have processes for example a calculator app that would not need processing while it is minimized. Also RIM's push with their invocation framework will minimized processes because when it receives something by push it could then open the app and then starts receiving what it needs to process, instead of the app always checking if there is something that it needs to process. Also showcase would use more battery life.
    10-10-12 09:18 AM