So my wife has had a Z10 for almost 6 months, and despite a very commendable effort by the Z10's virtual keyboard, she still badly misses her Bold keyboard. Being the holiday season and all, I figured I'd surprise her with a Q10 (and of course, some other stuff---most likely shiny and not very utilitarian).

Anyway... I got a good deal on a Q10 on eBay, and I'm hoping to make the surprise as 'painless' as possible. In other words, pre-load as much of her old Z10's apps/settings, etc. as possible without actually disabling her accounts on her Z10 (spoiling the surprise and making her angry---we don't want that). I've logged on to the Q10 with her BBID (nothing to hide), and are able to download all her apps. I'm in charge of backing up and updating her devices, so it's easy for me to sneak in a Link 'device switch' at some point. However, I'm concerned that once I do a device switch, her accounts will stop working on the Z10. I *know* this is true for BBM (one device only), but things like gmail should work on both devices simultaneously right? Can I do a device switch and then switch her BBM back to the Z10 until I give the Q10 to her? Do WhatsApp/SMS/calls keep working on her Z10 as long as the SIM stays in it? Do I have to do any special activation/registration steps since it's on Verizon?

I guess it's no big deal, I could just give her a fresh Q10 and bask in the glory of having gotten her a great gift (the shiny thing that is,..not the Q10)... but any tips/warnings on the device switch process would be great!
    12-14-13 01:26 PM
    If her the q10 is not activated yet, you should be able to setup everything on wifi except BBM. before you give it to her, just activate the device. you should be good to go
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    12-14-13 02:04 PM